The Cattle Exchange / Terrible company!

1 MS, United States Review updated:

I got a visit from these two guys and was told " they just left a house down the road and the person changed there mind about wanting there delivery." They just wanted to show it sold so they could get there "commission" for a sale. It looked good, so I took some into the house. After I got to looking at it and checking the weight, found out that I was shorted. I contacted the company and was greeted with a phone message system. I left a message and waited till the next day. Apparently they either screen there calls or just don't look to return 'problem' calls. After a being shuffled from one 'salesperson' to the next, I was given to the V.P. of Merchandising. I explained my problem and I was told there would be no problem getting a refund. Just had to send in the "Request for Refund". I sent it in by fax with a copy of the sale. I called back the next day and got a hold of the "V.P." again. He told me that it he was glad I called they needed my address. I asked about my refund and was told that I should be "eligible" for one. When the flier said "100% Guaranteed" . I had to wait to see if I qualify, like I was waiting on a loan application.

I contacted my local and state agencies about this problem. They told me that it was hard to catch them do to the fact that they move in and out of an area so quickly that getting them stopped is hard. If I were to get a tag number I could report it to the highway patrol and then they could be pulled over for different violations. Thats about it. They are called " Kite Contractors". They get different loads of meat, seafood and poultry in a house type freezer. Then " Deliver" it door to door. Some are ordered but mostly door to door. If they get in any trouble they are cut loose. The money is paid up front so nothing lost. Just our money.

Comments

• Ra
      27th of Aug, 2008

I agree completely. This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I had two men (scam artists is more like it) asking me to buy some meat. I told them no, that I did not have any money right now, and I would not have any until payday, which was about a week away. They told me they would accept a post dated check for the 5th. I told them no, I did not want to do that. After 15 minutes of arguing, I went against my better judgement and agreed. I have witnesses of the verbal contract, there was a note attached to the check, and I wrote the 5th on the date of the check. He assured me that he would hold onto the check until the agreed date. The next week, I looked at my account and was negative over $500. They had cashed it the same day, but it took a few days for it to come out. Meanwhile, I was spending the money that should have been in the account. Because my bank pays the checks and then charges me, The Cattle Exchange got their money. I contacted a lawyer and he told me that the company was responsible because me and the sales rep had a verbal agreement. (I know I should not have post dated the check to begin with, but I trusted the man and the company.) I contacted the "president" of the company, and he told me that he would see awhat he could do. After several weeks of getting the run around, they finally told me that because the sales reps are subcontractors, they do not actually work for the company, which leaves Cattle Exchange no responsibility for the sales reps. (I am a subcontractor, but the man I work under is still responsible for the work that I do). Basically, when you are buying the meat from these sales reps that come into your home, the Cattle Exchange will not help you with any problems. I feel like I was completely ripped off, because I bought the meat from The Cattle Exchange, not some random guy who comes to my house. I bought The Cattle Exchange's product, not the sales rep's. I put my trust in the company and they took advantage of that. What is really bad is we have actually bought from them several times, and probably would have continued to buy, if they would have taken responsibility of the people who represent their name. They lost much more than $500 by not making right by their employees mistakes.

Was anything ever resolved for you? It has been a while since all of this went on, but I recently saw the man who sold me the meat, and it made me mad all over again. I have had three lawyers tell me that I can take it to civil court and have a very good chance of winning, so I plan to do just that. I have the sales reps name, all the paperwork, and the company information. One of the lawyers suggested I take both of them to court, and let the judge decide which one pays. Also, the sales rep gave me a phony cell phone number, which just proves in my mind that he had dishonest intentions to begin with!

• Su
      13th of Oct, 2008

I am another "ripped off" customer. My story is too long to go into, but basically, they pulled a "bait & switch" on me. They showed me thick cut bacon wrap fillets and that's what I paid for. But when the rep went to his truck to get my steaks from their cooler they gave me something completely different (small peppercorn strip steaks) which I didn't discover until I got home with my order. I stopped payment on my check and returned the meat I had been sold. That was followed by weeks of threatening phone calls from various people from The Cattle Exchange - saying they were calling to find out what I was going to do about the "bad check" I had written - implying I had given them a check drawn on non-sufficient funds. The nightmare goes on and on. We also figured out that if you take into consideration the total weight of the box of meat you purchase (it's listed on the side of the box) and consider the dollar amount you're charged, you are probably paying in excess of $20 per pound. I too reported them to various agencies. My best advice is NOT to do business with them at all.

27th of Oct, 2008

The cattle exchange service towards me in fact was a delightful experience. the sales associates were total gentlemen andtreated me nice and gave me a great deal. the meat was delicious and tender and juicy. yall probably had a bad experience which happens with any establishment dont be so judgemental at your first experience. i am a regular customer now.

• Th
      16th of Nov, 2008

i have worked with this company for over two years now. i have never had a bad return call. and when you go to applebees you are eating our product. so quit complaining you would have bought it no matter what

• Li
      4th of Dec, 2008

They are coming to replace their product supposedly Saturday the 6th of December!! The phone number I reached is 1-770-907-6620. They did the same thing to my 80 year old mother and my 98 year old grandmother!!! Now they have gone too far..they are ripping off senior citizens. They came into my mom's neighborhood and it is clearly marked as a Senior community!!! I am scared to let them in the door!!!

• Co
      30th of Dec, 2008

I had these two dirty looking guys come to my door this afternoon. They were in some ratty pick up with a nasty looking freezer on the back. They were from the cattle exchange. Why anyone would buy from a mobile meat market. 1st with my experience, all I could think of was how many times the freezer went out that day and made the meat thaw and re-freeze. 2nd, the freezer was rusty looking. Botulism came to mind. Then these two dudes who were very dirty looking and smelled like smoke handling the meat?

Stay away from this company. It is just away to get around the health department. Oh, and by the way. I DO NOT eat at Applebees nor any other restaurant like them. So, I have not and will not try their product.

Actually, If they were to come back, I would run them off quicker than I did today!

24th of Jan, 2009

I was looking for employment a few months ago.I found the Cattle Exchange down on King Street. They put me with this person to be trained for that day. He was a digusting. dishonest person. I was doing the sales better than he, so he tried to undermine my sales opportunities, a real nut. Then when we got back to the office that night, 8am-9pm. they paid me $5.00 dollars.Crazy huh. "Watch out for this company people"!!! Good Luck!!!

• Le
      28th of Jan, 2009

this company will pay you pennies on the hour

• Mo
      9th of Feb, 2009

I worked for this company this summer it was fun to see how people reacted to someone pulling up in their driveway with a frezzer on the pickup i really enjoyed this job it was alot of fun plus the product is good. one thing the manager and owner told us was watch how you talk to people and dont rip them off because it makes bad business for you and the company.Now i did see some people try to rip off customers and in some areas because of that the company has a name.
    but then their was mw and my team we always treated people with respect and never try to rip any one off in fact some of the people would reffer us to their friends and family.everyone wants a good product but it dont seem like you guts are complaning about the product as much as you are the people and that is understanable not everyone is a good clean sales person but as far as the company their good they just cant control what their salesman do all the time.
    but they do take care of problems with rude sales people. you just have to make sure they give you the right number by calling it as soon as they hand it to you.
    Im sorry about your bad run in with the salesman but try the product out you will know when you see it thats good, and make sure you know who you are dealing with because there's good and bad in every company.
    Good Luck and good Eating folks!!!

• Pl
      18th of Feb, 2009

Today a few guys came by my house that were door to door meat salesmen! So I went ahead and purchased 2 cases of food a steak box and a chicken box, when they left i felt a bit uneasy so i decided to go ahead a cook a steak for an early dinner and it was delicious! My favorite thing about it is someimes its only me eating and other times i have guest over and i dont have to waste anything because it is indivually wrapped which is why i purchased in the first place. I am reading above at the bad experiences and I can understand but I think to myself, everyone isnt bad and sometimes Ive came to believe it is a mental thing something off the back of a pickup cant be great but it is and if you would just give it a chance then you could see how convient it can be. I will be a regular customer for sure its not that expensive i dont feel that i paid enough, 2 or 3 dollars a piece for the steaks which in a store would be much more and then only 5 dollars per pound for the seasoned varieties of chicken!

You dont always have a bad experience but just like any other product there is likes and dislikes! IM HAPPY WITH IT

• Te
      10th of Apr, 2009

These are bad people. Most are drug addicts. STAY AWAY!!!

• Te
      10th of Apr, 2009

Anyone on here writing positive comments about this company works for them! Watch out...looks like damage control!

• Se
      11th of Apr, 2009

I have not had any dealing with the company up front but I did call about a job opportunity. I spoke with it about a friend and I was advised not to call because the job had been in the paper for months-high turn-over rate. Im still seeking fast paced income but honest money. Any ideas?

• At
      13th of Apr, 2009

Bought a package of meat out here in athens and its basically hit or miss. Some meat is good and some is horrible and 80-90% fat. After the meat sits on your plate the fat turns into mush and looks like mashed potatoes!!! But every once in awhile you get a decent peice of meat. Weve only ate about 4 peices and so far only one peice has been decent so i guess im still undecided. I just hope this post helps someone.

• Fu
      17th of Jun, 2009

i'm very happy i bought, will continue to buy

• Ha
      25th of Jun, 2009

i enjoy the meat from this company, i have bought from them several times and will continue to do so, I think most of the negative comments are from ex-employees of the company i say this because i have had nothing but a good relationship with the salesman and the customer service department. I agree they may have some bad apples in the bunch but i think overall they have hard working honest men and women trying to make a honest dollar and provide for thie families. the job these people have is not easy knocking on doors in this day and time is hard, just like the bad rep of the used care salesman these guys are also being lable. I would invite any of you to try and do want they do for thier family and then have your FAT CAT A** to compalin. NO I am NOT nor have i ever worked for the company only a customer who think these people are not given a fair shake. what these people do is better than robbing a bank or breaking into homes, WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER THEY DO??????????

• Gr
      27th of Jun, 2009

I was not at all happy with the quality of meat I purchased from this company. It was thin and sort of gross after I cooked it. I was told that there was a money back guarantee so I went to call, only to realize that I had no information on the my purchase. He took the brochure back to write is name on it, then conveniently forgot to give it back to me. My only hope now is that my bank account is secure and these people aren't going to run the check through repeatedly like they've done to others. I would not buy from this company if I were you, I never will again.

5th of Aug, 2009

All of these people complaining sound just like the choir of gripers for any other establishment. I have heard the same about the cable company, Wal-Mart, vacuum companies, and even churches. I would never take anyone's word for anything these days, and whats more, the complainers are probably employed by companies WE would all complain about if we knew where they were really coming from.

People just love to ###. It's our nature, so if you are sooooo good, why not offer these people a job next time they come around so they don't have to sell meat. Also, why not quit bashing people online. Don't you have any better thing to do. If you don't like it, don't but it, but you don't need to be jerks about it.

I could produce a gigantic list of companies I will not spend my money with, because they have low ethics, they are all over, and some of the most widely known names in advertising and retail are among them. In fact, your company may well be on the list, and from the sounds of it, it may be because of attitudes just like yours.

-Marty

• Me
      12th of Aug, 2009

I have been a meatwoman for 17 years. I feed america my price has not changed in 17 years. As a matter of fact i have to work twice as hard and make less money today than I did before. My customers consider me part of their family amd I can honestly say that in some instances I have delivered to 2 and 3 generations. I'm proud to be a meatwoman and I know I am saving my customers money. Also, for the record, freezers have an inverter and or dry ice. All we, re doing is trying to make an honest living. So next time a meat person comes to your door, remember that they work on commission and they really work hard.

• Bo
      22nd of Jan, 2010

these people are def con artists. Owners use to run Country fed meats and were shut down by the feds 14 years ago. It was a national bust for state tax evasion and income tax evasion. How do I know this? I worked there for two weeks and watched the feds come in and shut the place down right in front of my face. Dont believe me? check it out on line. Owners are Harry and Mike Piedon. Not sure if thats the correct spelling but they are truly a scam. Products were very bad too.