The American Mall Model SearchREAD BEFORE AUDITIONING! :-)

1 Review updated:

You're obviously a ###. It's also clear that you have never been involved in a competitive sport growing up. Cheerleaders buy skirts, pom poms and other items. Football players get physicals, buy cleets, jerseys, etc. Tennis players buy raquets and balls. Why? Because without those things, they wouldnt be able to play the game honey! How the hell do you expect a model to book shoots with no headshots?! Before you answer that, allow me to explain to you what a "headshot" is. Are you listening?! Pay close attention because it's obvious that you process things slower than normal-- A picture of you wearing the sweater that Grandma Joe gave you three years ago for Christmas, standing beside the Christmas tree with a ###ed grin on your face is NOT a headshot. Ford, IMG, Next, Trump, Women's, New York models, etc all require SPECIFIC angles, poses and looks. No, the photographers at the AMMS stage are not as good as those shooting for Vogue magazine. There is no need for them to be. The only thing that they really need to even do for you, is to take your pictures and send you on your merry little way. Ok, let's imagine for a moment here. Take the "paying for pictures" concept out of your mind for a moment. Think about the Master Card or AmEx commercials...whichever credit card company it is. Gas in your car: $40. Airline tickets to Uncle Bobby's funeral in Rio:$200. The opportunity of a lifetime and the chance to let your child, or yourself have a blast doing a photoshoot, talent show and fashion show: PRICELESS! For goodness sake girl, you would probably pay more than $150 for Justin Beiber concert tickets. Here is the bottom line and this is all that I am going to say about this inital comment/complaint, as well as all the others. Wal-Mart doesnt always make you happy. McDonalds doesnt always make you happy. This is nothing more than a crisis of culture. When something doesnt make us happy, instead of calmly trying to fix the situation to achieve a blissful ending, everyone loses their minds and goes ape ###. Most of these complaints are..."they didnt say they liked my hair in pig tails, and I spent 2 hours putting it up." or "they didnt kiss my ### quite like I wanted them to when I auditioned." All of those who are complaining about the petty ### now, you will NOT, I repeat...will NOT survive in the cut-throat and brutal realm of fashion/glitter/glam/tv/film/music...and entertainment, period. Trust me. This is what I do. Every, single day. For several years now. I personally appreciate the ignorance that is displayed on this site about this agency. It tells me personally who I can expect to NEVER see walk through my door as a high fashion/fully evolved model. I suppose its nothing more than evolution...the weak kill themselves off and only the leather skinned survived. Its not called a dog-eat-dog world for kicks and giggles, afterall. The industry is not hurting for talent. The few kids and adults that fell throught the cracks with the AMMS and who ultimately are the ones responsible for all of these complaints, are acceptable in my eyes. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the AMMS/Model Productions will be successful for as long as THEY shoose to stay in business. A company that is 27 years old need not to worry about faltering and folding based on a few bad seeds, whether that be disgruntled employees, or contestants. They have had 100% growth every year since 1982, the year of their founding. I work with the AMMS/Model Productions every single day. They have sent me extraordinary talent over the years. I thank God for the work that they do. I just hope that before another complaint get posted about this company, the author thinks about the grand scheme of things. Is is really even that big of a deal? Am I even model material? Why would the mall let them in if they were really a "scam" and risk hurting their multi-billion dollar mall management company? Am IIIIIIIIIIII probably doing something wrong here that would give the illusion that the AMMS is to blame?! The answer to that particular question is, yes. I wont tell you what I do, or who I am...none of that is important. What I want you all to know is rest easy signing with the AMMS/Model Productions. They are not a perfect company, and neither is any other entity in this nation. You are all in good hand!

B. Adams ;-)

Comments

• Ke
      Sep 26, 2010

Adam How can you take the photo shoot concept out of your mind? h]Veave you been a contestant? Do you use spell check because i believe choose was meant where you placed shoose. That meant you were wrinting with frustration tha came across clearly in your text. When wrinting to make a point you have to see all sides and not just one side. yes the business is cut throat etc.. but what you don't understand about the peoples complaints is that some were not told everything. the approach is a sales pitch and then the very sales like approach of the build up followed by
    "All you need now is to give us your credit card".
    You mention that they are allowed in malls because the service is legit. That tells me you are not hearing the peoples complaints.
    It can be a Scam and still be allowed as a business. thats why they created the better business bureau for compalints on companies that people want to report as doing poor business or scamming. these business get poor ratings (as the better business bureau has given AMMS one of the highest negative ratings btw) and still be in business as long as they are not stealing your money and not providing a service. i said "A" Service NOT "THE" service on purpose for example:
    (scam can translate to many ideas depending on the individual), Nevertheless, For an example;
    You can choose to go to a food court in any mall and spend your money for lunch at one restaraunt over another.
    NOTE** (all are allowed to stay in business at the mall as long as they are meeting the "BASIC" requirements of the service. In the resteraunts case you can usually see the food through the glass and some look good while others look like it is not very tasty. The resteraunt only need to meet the requirements of the mall which is paying its rent. its the occcasional visit at random from the EPA to test resteraunts food temperature to be sure they are in compliance. if you go to the amll and say you have a complaint they direct you to a government agency same with any mall AMMS works in.
    So please don't knock peoples intlelect about there complaints themn use them being allowed to stay in business because the mall would not let them if they were not legit.
    AMMS DOES; 1)take picures 2) has a talent show THEY meet the basics.
    BUT;
    No one is there overseeing them when they are; 1)talking to the potential buyer 2) selling there business by infering that to win is getting them a contract that will get them a one year modeling contract (this infers that that its a contract that gets you into some type of work for one year. 3)Tell you it's professional photographers/video personal that take your pictures and do the video for the shoot at the competiotion, involving runway walk and talent for the show etc..
    When in our case it was interns doing the video taping. Interns running the complex sound board and queing the right music for the right act. IN our show the squelching was unproffesional and unfair for the person who practiced and brought ther family for this 45 second shot in the spot light. Those whose wrong music was qued up . Those interns who gave there time and spent the same amount of money in addition to time only to be told to go to the stage while working the sound etc.. and not having a clue if they were doing there talent or runway, and not having time to prepare (brush there hair because they had been there 4 hours working. The video monitor going down and no one knowing how to fix it though it was still recording and audinece members had to stand and squeeze trying to get a glimpse of there child. CD's being given of the contestants photos only to go home to find that half the shots were there and some were of another contestant because the director dragged and dropped into the wrong box?! I could go on but now I am getting typenese emotional. Yes your titlte is important who you are is important . you say its not and you work there everyday. Well i have written emailed and texted and no one will respond. So some have complained because the video quality is poor there are no head shots.. ALL of which ARE important because any one in the business knows headshots are a must. That would take a professional photographer though to knwo to take HEADFSHOTS.. and oh yes :( Not all the ones at the malls are professional photographers. Therfore shaky video poor sound quality squelching and full body shots that are to distant are a disadvantage to getting an alleged contract (lets define contract later) to those who may of lucked out and got a good crew at another mall show. So the company may not be a scam idk The bette business bureau says they have many complaints equalling a ppor rating (one of the poorest it gives). I ask for my childs photos but your self proclaimed director does not respond. How do you contact someone to get what you paid for the CD of the photos. ThaT would fall under negligence and scam becasue others may of recieved crappy picture quality or contracts that had the company asking for more money or sending them on casting calls that required head shots But they never got them from the photo shoot... I would like my childs CD for the fact I paid for it. Not to mention having her working there 3- 8:30pm that night till after the malll was about to close (as she said that was the only time she could take bathing suit photos because there were to many wierdos in the mall? I said me and my husband would be there to walk her out, it made no sense but at this point whatever I slowly learned most she said was to her convience and not about others so say the truth instead of the seee through patronizing that does nothing more than have people take time out of there day to write these negative blogs and My daughter interned and I waited only to get a CD that the "director" made in front of me to hand me the CD and write my some childs name on it and at that point though my child had been interning for 3 weeks she was still calling her the wrong name? You may ask why I let her intern, i had no clue she was being treated with disrespect and that the day of the show she would have her working the table that she pulled her from to have her go on stage after the show was over and said it didnt matter she will be on the film that gets sent to the company. Of course it mattered her family was there. They cleared away all the chairs the show was over and my child walkied it alone with no audience. which is a part of the excitement. and she was supposed to be in the show not a forgotten add on because the director let the other interns ..well the one intern do his act The one who was working thwe sound booth the one she asked to go on to PA with her to help with the next show there. the one that there was mucvh more personal than proffesional going on.pictures a name a number and a address OR any of the aformentioned because we got someone elses pictures ?! Its that or go travel to Pennsylvania LOL where AMMS is now after leaving the Southern Park Mall's Ohio show
    IN CLOSING IS IT AMMS THAT THE COMPLAINTS ARE ABOUT T OR THE PEOPLE REPRESENTING THEM AT THE SHOWS. TWO OF THE DIRECTORS QUIT AT THE SHOW MY CHILD PARTICIPATED IN. LEAVING THIS ORIGINALLY SELF PROCLAIMED ASST. DIRECTOR TO BE DIRECTOR. SHE IS RUDE AND DEPENDS HEAVILY ON HER INTERNS, NOT TEACHING OR GUIDING SHE HAS THE INTERNS GUIDE THE INTERNS. PEOPLE MAKE UP A COMPANY. SO IF YOU WANT THE COMPLAINTS TO STOP HIRE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT PROFFESIONAL AND NOT JUST STAND AND LOOK PRETTY. PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS THYE PAY MONEY. THEY DONT WANT A FAKE SMILE AND TO BE SPOKEN TO CONDESEDINGLY OR BRUSHED OFFF WHEN THE ANSWER IS OBVIOULSY; "IdK"
    and if u work for them or any one reading this does emai me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ke
      Sep 26, 2010

oh yes and i guesss its B. Adams not adam.. and starting out calling customers ###s is just really bad businesss sense

• Ar
      Mar 11, 2011

Actually the AMMS has a decent BBB rating with a B-

• Sm
      Apr 14, 2011

i'm in total agreement with keb9. love the points you made!

• Be
      Jun 16, 2011

How many times do you read or hear about someone being scammed by companies? I don't fault the company, I fault the consumer. Before I give anybody my damn money, I become FBI...I ask questions, I come on sites like this to read the complaints and comments. Now, think about this...the same amount of money you spend for family photos is the same amount you will spend for this company to have them take photos to create a portfolio...All they ask is for you to walk, say a couple of lines, design your t-shirt, and give you FREE counsel about your look and how far they think you/your child can go in this industry. When they call you that is your opportunity to ask questions; what will I/ my child have to do, what do I need to bring, etc, etc...(### is it just me)...When you put your/child's name in that box for a call back did you not think to go online or call the number they have posted to research this company and look at the youtube post to see what goes on? ( Really, is it just me)...Yes, there is a wait, but you wait when you order your fast food as well as in a doctor's office...Why do you think they are located in the middle of the mall by the BATHROOMS and FOOD COURT!? ..LOL...This company doesn't promise you anything, but they do provide services that you pay for...I entered my 1y/o in this competition and we had fun!!! He is a finalist and we have to go back for the photo shoot, but I take each step as what it is...I'm not expecting someone to call me back b/c I made sure I had every piece of information I needed before I left...I have business cards, the director's phone number ( and no not the number on the card) and the Mall Management number...Do you get it yet...this company sells portfolios!!! They also do a lot more than that, but really their just trying to get you/your child some experience and give FREE advice...for those who have their portfolios, take them to an agent...daaaaaaaa...

• Be
      Jun 16, 2011

Oh, I forgot, the crew @ the Wiregrass Commons Mall, Alabama...YOU ROCK!!! Keep up the good work

Dec 14, 2011

Shorten your comments, no one wants to read that much opinionated non-sense! Except User:BelaMafia you sound like you know what your talking about.
    You need to realize people are cheap with money; if they told you upfront "Everything costs something" then you would develop a quick case of ADD and become deaf before you even audition ...how would anyone discover you?...think about it.
    FACTS ABOUT THE AMMS:
    The AMMS is featured on Oprah Winfrey as the #1 pick for scouting agencies ...so it's obviously not a scam.
    They find you, groom you, prepare you for the stage. If you have true talent, sometimes they make you a Intern ... NOT A SCAM!

Dec 14, 2011

FACTS ABOUT THE AMMS:

• Je
      Apr 22, 2012

My 16 yr old daughter just finished the whole process as an intern and contestant in CT. I don't think it is a scam. It was a very positive experience for her. The people who worked there were both professional and very friendly and helpful. If someone wants to model you have to pay for pictures. If your child wanted to be a professional anything you would have to pay for lessons or schooling. For $150 and about 15 hours interning, she got a $30 book about modedling, 2 modling shoots, and a DVD of the show. If absolutely nothing else comes of it, she gained some valuable work experience, some confidence performing, some knowledge about the industry and had fun and made friends while doing it. And I have some great pictures to submit to agents. Not bad for $150 bucks! Sometimes you make your own oportunities...

• Je
      Apr 22, 2012

*opportunities

• Br
      Jul 21, 2012

Any legit agency or professional talent/modeling company should not be charging for portfolios or the pictures. Elite, Ford, and many other agencies don't charge you anything for your portfolio that they make for you.
    AMMS is a scam. Think about it. They don't ask ANY descriptive details about yourself when you sign up, they don't tell you to have money or a card when you go to audition, then they bring you to a corner where no one else can hear and tell you it will cost $4 a headshot with their company. After you audition, they have you pay $99 to book the photoshoot, another $99 for the photo competition, and another payment for your portfolio and CD. No legit agency would charge for those things. They wouldn't bring you to a corner and tell you that ### either. So, $300 for what? A CD, portfolio, and a shirt? Two of which they shouldn't be charging for. Any company can pay an actor for a fake testimonial. Oh, I failed to mention they show a video with clearly people are acting in, and they supposedly interviewed agents from Ford Models and Elite Models, but they didn't put their names? Sounds fishy. I did audition, but thankfully, I walked out when they said I had
    to pay money to be with their company. No legit company like makes you invest, they invest in you. Anyone who believes this company isn't knowledgeable about scams in the world. That is not a comment about their intelligence though. And BBB actually has given an F.