Texas Pool Contractors

Posted:

He took our money and did nothing

Texas Pool Contractors
This crook called and called trying to get us to use Texas Pool Installers to do our pool. He promised to complete project in 2 weeks, for a price thousands of dollars below our mid range bid. We stayed away from the lowest bid and did not want just any cheap co to do the job. Nicholas Laroche stated his bid was normally higher but he would lower it for us, in order to get other jobs in the future that we were thinking of doing.

We gave him a 30% deposit -the pool was dug the following day. We asked for a 32x15' pool total cost $30, 000.00c the dig began no problems yet. Then Nicholas THE CROOK Laroche showed up the next day and said hole was too big then kicked the sub who dug the hole off the job. He never paid the sub for the dig!

Trouble started- we had not seen this guy for almost a whole week he would answer his phone and say he was working on it ! He shows up and askes for money and says we will have a crew here finishing this pool. We then saw him a total of 4 more times -he wouuld drop off a fw teenagers and the tile crew - he would always need another payment for tile/coping the pool equipment, the decking and the gunite, which we paid. We discovered later that he was not paying any of the subs that he had on our job. But we were pay him cash!

We received a letter stating the gunite co. was putting a lein on our home! When we confronted Nicholas he started yelling and threatening my husband and stated he will finish when he gets ready to. I have a huge concrete filled hole in my yard with no pool equipment (he never paid for it) no plumbing or electric - no plaster and no decking ! He took our money and did nothing!

I am warning anyone who comes in contact with this crooked thief to check your pockets and make sure your gold dental fillings dont walk away with him! Teaxas Pool Installers is a sham they are only out to rob hard working honest people!
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category Building, Construction

Comments

A  23rd of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
Thanks to your experience, we were able to avert this tragedy as well. We have Nicholas LaRoche and Kelly come by as well asking for 50% upfront. After we read up on them and the numerous felonies, thefts, including being sought by Montgomery county as fugitives we were able to make an educated and informed decision on using their services. They worked with Precision Pools and now are operating under Texas Custom Pools.
A  9th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I really wish we would have found this prior to us being scammed by this crook! We had found Texas Custom Pools online and called him along with a few others to get bids. We had several conversations on the phone and he made his way to our home finally. Was super professional and seemed very knowledgeable at first. We ended up hiring him for the job. He was going to start the project within two days and was going to head to buy the supplies. He asked us for a 30% down payment so we did give it to him. Everything was fine until he didn't show up the day of the job. We called him and he stated that his crew did not show up and that they would start the next day. Then he "hurt his back" and the lying and excuses started there. I started researching more extensively and found this posting. He will not answer our phone calls, text messages, or emails. I have found that since he has not even showed up for the job, he committed fraud. Had he shown up and stuck the shovel in the ground, it would just be a contractor dispute. I have found that he is a convicted felon and has pending drug charges as well.

I am not sure what all we can do but we are going to make sure that we do EVERYTHING in our power to make sure he NEVER does this to another person as well. I am pretty sure this is a violation of his bail right now. Has anyone contacted the authorities? Please DO NOT trust or hire Nicholas Laroche with Texas Custom Pools or with any other company he might be posing to own. He obviously has zero regard for the law or anything else and is too drugged up to care about his responsibilities to hard working people that hire him. He is a very talented con man!!
N  26th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Cvtxbz What ever happened? I'm in the same boat. He took half my money and just duged hole. Its been since e d of September. Please let me know.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Cvtxbz Like you, I fell for Nick's line and am out some money. However, he made the mistake of thinking he still had a pigeon on the line and I made sure the Houston Police Department found him. He has been in the Harris County Jail for almost a month. He jumped bail on a felony possession of methamphetamine. His next court date is scheduled for tomorrow, September 22nd.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Cvtxbz @Cvtxbz I read your post again, have you filed a police report? You might be able to have him prosecuted on a felony theft charge. That would certainly help keep him behind bars.
A  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
This is what I am going thru right now..I signed contract on May 27th and since then have giving him 16k and all I have to show for is a huge hole in my back yard. Is there anyone out there that can help me get my money back? Can we all get together and do something about this scam artist along with Kelly Carson? Please email me at yoliv28@gmail.com.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Yolanda Barraza Yolanda, I don't think any of us are getting our money back. I did file a civil lawsuit against him, as the police told me that what he did was not a felony charge. The only thing I can say, at least Nick is in jail now, and I hope he stays there a long while.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree