Tech Pros Group / Scamming ba***rds!

just going through a 4 month process of getting my refund. Been dealing with Peter Frivaldi and sent me to the account manager Loudres Torres. Loudres Torres does not have a contact number of course and is unreachable via telephone. Her email address is pretty much useless as the rest of the company is. She doesn't respond to any of her emails. I sent her multiple emails and just forwards them on for other people to handle. I.e. Peter Frivaldi. Peter has been the most professional at this point at returning calls and answering calls and emails. No one else has.

Steve Copeland who is the Director is not doing anything other than sitting on his ###. Lieing to me yesterday about being on a meeting; so he picks up the phone to see who it is, yea right, and said he would call me back on my 714 area code number. He knew my number off the top of his head. Because he must not answer it and has it blocked. He picked up his phone because i dialed him from a Arizona number. Gotcha ###. Unexpected for him so he doesn't call me back. Now i call him today, picks up but doesn't say anything then hangs up. Call him back twice and get the voicemail. Left a voicemail and email simultaneously. called a 4th time and he picked up knowing who it was and told me to take legal action for my refund that THEY STILL HAVE NOT PROCESSED. Which Steve said last month he would look into. Which i bet is a [censored]ing lie.

See you [censored]ers in court. Orange County Superior Court, Newport Beach.

More Tech Pros Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ke
      6th of Sep, 2007

DO NOT CALL OR GIVE TECH PROS GROUP A DIME. I saw an ad at Careerbuilder.com for this company Tech Pros Group. They will train me for free and then give me a great job!! It sounds great. They were in small claims court about 2 weeks ago and lost about $5000. Wow, I mean, just wow. I am so glad I "did my homework" about Tech Pros Group before submitting an application to them. I am an Information and Computer Science major who is ready to graduate this August, and wanted to further my skill/certification set by enrolling in this program.

Priscilla Cloud
    Deputy District Attorney
    County of Orange
    714-648-3604
    Priscilla.Cloud@da.ocgov.com

Here is someone else to contact - stoptpg@yahoo.com.

• Ni
      15th of Nov, 2007

Thanks for the tip!

I just received the e-mail from them but thought I would do some homework first.

The one thing that got me was the $20 000 of free training. It sounded way too good to be true. I know how expensive education can be and I have yet to find a company who honestly wants to invest thousands of dollars in my education-aha.

21st of Nov, 2007

I saw the Tech Pros Group add on career builder also, I decided to apply to see what happens the next day I get an email from Brain Kim he wanted me to call him and talk to him about a "potential internship" I called him and spoke to him, and he asked me why I wanted to join and stuff he then sent me an application to join I filled it out and sent it back to him with the ($95 application fee) later they send me another email saying I have order an engineering kit and gave me prices on how much that was so I decided to do some research with this company online and asked a few people and this one person I asked he had not heard of this company before he told me to stay away from them, so I later did some research online and found out that this company is a scam so I emailed Brian Kim back and told him that I was not interested in this program he responds by saying that he is confused on why I decided not to do the internship he tells me to call him back, so the next day I call Brain Kim back and it went to his voice mail I emailed him back and never received a response back. I also checked the BBB and the give Tech Pros Group an F and I filled an complaint against the company. This Tech Pros Group company is fraud stay away from them.

• Pa
      19th of Dec, 2007

I agreed with you, Manendar. I am currently at the stage at which you are. I paid the $95 to one Mr. Patrick Pule at Tech pros Group and now I just called today to know what's up with my training only fof him to tell me that he is now the manager of some whatever department now so someone will contact me. After about 90mins, someone called me by name John Polanski. He was talking to me on phone as if we were quarreling that it's either I continue with the program or they will cancel me out. That I need to pay an additional $295 for registeration with 45 - 50 dollar payment for shipping and handling. Then also pay an additional $195 x 2 for training materials. He was so blunt and rude but I was not fooled to lose my temper as I decided to review people's assessment of the program. From my review, I can tell that this program is a scam. I will join any class action or legal actions against them.

• Fr
      26th of Dec, 2007

I recieved a call today saying I was "selected" to interview for a intern position. I though this was nice and visited their site. Looked really nice but I knew to look else where before commiting to anything. I Google searched and came up with many sites saying stay away. That's enough for me. Too many negative responses equal problems. So take my advice I have researched this for over 3 hours straight today. Don't do it, I ereased the e-mail they sent me.

• Md
      27th of Dec, 2007

I agree and thats to sites like this this scam was exposed I read through their list of docs. that were sent to me. They did have artitcle saying dont believe what the bloggers are saying but a scammer does not care who is being scammed so anybody who was contacted by these people run away. I also was contacted by Brian Kim. If it sounds to good to be true most likely it is.

• Ka
      10th of Jan, 2008

I got an email today that I was "selected" for this program. Once I read the attachment and they are asking me for money I decided it was a scam right there. But decided to do my research anyway and come to find out it is a scam. Stay away from them!

• Re
      12th of Jan, 2008

Was thinking about doing this program but not now. Has anybody contacted Cisco or Microsoft about them. I am sure they wouldn't be happy with them and may even take legal action.

• Le
      16th of Jan, 2008

Wow, thanks everyone! That's another bullet dodged. I got the "Kim Brian" email congratulating me on being selected and just like everyone else it seemed a little too good so I googled them (thank you again Google gods) and got this page. After reading all of your comments I went to the BBB site and found their 'F':

I emailed a link back to "Kim Brian" and thanked them for their time.

WHEW!!! That's all I can say.

• Sh
      19th of Jan, 2008

Wow... I just got a call from them yesterday as well congradulating me on being chosen to participate in the internship. Thank God I Googled them... I knew it was just to damn good to be true!!

• Cc
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I researched the company several months ago when they contacted me about the training and internship. Since I had been laid off by my previous employer I needed to get back on my feet and training sounded great. Especially since they were going to hire me as an intern if I did well in their course. I justified the costs of the first phase based on the information they gave that the course I would be taking was similar to other on-line courses that cost about what they were asking. I can assure you that the fees they are charging for the training materials are obnoxious (even including the pdf version of the Microsoft books you receive). I am currently working on my MCSA, which is part of their requirements to enter phase two (the internship and additional training). They set up virtual sessions for you to practice using the lab books (the materials they ship you) and this helps a little while you are studying. HOWEVER, if you want to get your MCSA and you are good at just reading and absorbing material, just buy the books and get some real-world experience before you go test.

Begin phase two. Yes I passed their on-line tests, one written and one virtual session. Then the paperwork for phase two shows up. You must then pay then for another processing fee and background check. Remember this, any employer that wants to invest their time to hire you is going to do the background check without making you pay for it. No legitimate employer who is looking to hire someone is going to demand that the individual pay for. At least not that I have ever seen. There was also information about the hundreds of dollars (outside of all the exam fees to Microsoft and Cisco that you will be paying) for other training materials and handling fees that you will be paying. Basically there is nothing free. They say you are getting $30k of free training, but it's not free. They will make you pay for this and that and call it fees.

If you want to get certified, buy the books and study. If you want a job, apply for one. They promise to send you to a Microsoft or Cisco company to work as an intern. Based on what I have read in their materials, they send you on interviews to companies they have contacted. You can do that yourself.

Apparently TPG has been around a while now, but they shouldn't last much longer. I was desperate and used what money I had to take their training. Hopefully after I've passed the other three tests I'll have my certification and be able to get another job. So to all you out there in need of a job, don't look to TPG because they aren't the answer.

25th of Jan, 2008

thanks to ALL the posters!!

The first tip off to me was when they explained the reasoning behind the background test...

At that point this b board and google told me everything else I needed to know.

• Ri
      26th of Jan, 2008

Better Business Bureau (BBBonline) rates Tech Pros Group "F"

"F" We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

Unfortunately I did not do my research well enough. I am currently looking into legal action.

• Ji
      28th of Jan, 2008

Thanks for the info!!! I'm glad I looked into this further. I sent a resume through careerbuilder since I will be getting laid off a little over a month from now.
    I won't be corresponding any further.

4th of Feb, 2008

Peter Frivaldi is just a front for Eric Choi, who is in the business of trying to skirt California law in order to charge excessive upfront fees for technology training.

He has done it to thousands of students at previous companies (ICTP, Hardcore Techies, to name a few) and now is trying to do it to you.

You won't get a refund because the school is probably running month-to-month, as it did at the other companies.

Just remember Peter - you are this close to "blowing up". If you were where you are two weeks ago, you'd be rich. (inside joke). How much did you lay down for Eric to get this version of the company going? Still trying to collect my 30k. Best of luck.

• Re
      6th of Feb, 2008

This guy Peter Frivaldi sounds like a robot.

Everything on your site and email is vague, and you have NO good user reviews.

Im glad I researched before I committed.

• Ne
      9th of Feb, 2008

Previous 'intern' of Tech Pros, responding to the above statement:

Complete fraud. If your going to pass your CC number into an unsecure form you might as well be honored to be suckered by these blow-offs. In your best interest, contact small-claims at the same time your asking for a refund. Please, for all you struggling techs out there reading this, pick up training software and the reading material instead, there are also credited 'bootcamps' for these sought after certificates. This will save you money, time, and ignored call returns from the company.

In my opinion, I think the statement in the 16 page manifesto about the founder being a former Marine (dont step in the b.s.), failed his business the first year he launched it (thats okay, alot of scammers fail their first time), and now he's back after perfecting the flaws from the first scam.

If you are reading this then you probably googled this company by name, if anyone can find a legitimate positive review for this company anywhere please post an url or something. I mean, even Amway and several Chinese lead-toys will get an occassional positive review. Ask yourself, with this companies track record - would you put your real name on it?

For insight, contact the credentials in the above post for the VP of recruitment, have him run through the scripts he had to memorize to fill the position of Vice President recruiter (aka cashier). Since when does internships become sold in mass quantities in the form of spam? Do not trust that your future will be secured by junk mail inside your spam box.

• Ra
      10th of Feb, 2008

I've spent about 2 hours checking out the Tech Pros Group saga. I'm really glad I did before wasteing my money. I have a Backelors' and a Master's in Computer Information Systems and obtained the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) credential. I really want learn even more about LANs and WANs and thought this would be the perfect opportunity. After reading the "to-good-to-be-true" offer from Tech Pros Group, it occurred to me that it would be totally impossible to get fully certified in 6-8 week period, prior to the actual internship. If you somehow miraculously made it through the 8 weeks, you will NOT be knowledgable enough to pass the rigorous exams REQUIRED by Microsoft or Cisco. And it is my opinion that the company is aware of this. It's not right to make money off another's inevitable demise. Getting my MCP certification was tough enough and it took me few months for that one alone. If you're brain is part machine with ADDITIONAL working memory, then yeah; otherwise, you'll kill yourself trying to cram that much in to prepare and to be successful for the exam -- No Way Mannn!!!

• Ra
      15th of Feb, 2008

Way to much baggage and negativity with this company. They've also spent quite a bit of time in court. It's not hard to see past the smoke and mirrors.

They are several ways that I can fast track my IT career with a heavy emphasis on the hands-on training through legitimate channels.

No thanks. I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole.

Regards,

RV

• Cc
      16th of Feb, 2008

I came to this board because I had mentioned to a friend (before joining Tech Pros Group) the internship program and after joining in, discussed it further and my experiences. He had considered joining but read this information and sent me the link.

I was recently part of the 1st stage of the program, so I can not speak to the content of the 2nd stage. As previously mentioned in an earlier post, the initial training is not enough to complete the certifications unless you fully read the four pdf files provided. Those files are the Microsoft certification preparation books. Tech Pros Group does provide a virtual instance for you to do lab work they assign and can be used to practice most of the exercises/labs in the four Microsoft books. My main complaint is the limited amount of time and strict time frame in which you are allowed to access the virtual instances/sessions. I also believe the cost was a little high not only for the materials and access but for their proprietary exam/certification as well; however, that is my personal opinion based on my limited finances.

I chose not to continue to the internship phase because I was not willing to pay additional funds out for the background check and other registration fees. This was the beginning of Jan 08, though I read in one of Peter's posts that they decided to eliminate it apparently some time after I declined to continue.

Obviously there are others that have had very bad experiences with TPG. Mine was not great, but was not horrible either. I have passed two of my MCSA exams and am scheduled to take the other two in a few weeks. Because of life, I chose to push my exams forward and believe it would require someone dedicating full time 95% of her/his waking time hard core studying to pass all four exams in the six weeks required by TPG. Not impossible, but very difficult for the normal person working full time and/or taking care of family full time.

I could have saved money by buying the four Microsoft books and self studying. TPG gave a time frame for completion that helped me discipline myself to sit down and get it done. I just couldn't afford the money they were asking to continue. Obviously I chose my family over the books and that's why I haven't completed all four of the exams ;-P

In my humble opinion, TPG is for someone who is willing to invest a couple of thousand (estimation) dollars in training that has a potential to improve their career if they are just starting out entry level somewhere and unable to get any hands on training. My friend has chosen to not go with TPG and is self studying to get his certification. We are actually studying together in order to get not only the MCSA but the CCNA, just to start. Putting our resources together, we hope to get our own hardware & software to use for hands-on.

This got quite a bit larger than I intended, so I apologize for its length. The point is, do your research. If you can't do it on your own and you're willing to spend the money on yourself to get the hands-on access, go to someone for training. Do your research. Don't look just at TPG, look at all the other training facilities. Look at contract agencies in your area too.

Best wishes to everyone, the tech field is getting harder as more positions are shipped overseas. Study hard and keep up with the technology or it will leave you behind quickly. Good luck everyone.