Tax Masters / TAX Service

900 Town & Country Lane, Suite 400Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: (800) 581-0456
I called Mr. Cory McAllister Certified Tax Consultant™ on Thursday March 13, 2008. I told him that I was currently filing Form 656; which is an “Offer in Compromise", with the I.R.S. and that I only had 2 months to submit the form.

Mr. McAllister stated “no problem the first thing Tax Masters will do is contact the I.R.S. and put a freeze on my account and notify them that you have signed over power of attorney and that Tax Masters is representing you”.

Mr. McAllister also explained to me not to contact the I.R.S. He said TAX MASTERS will handle all correspondence with I.R.S. from this point forward. So, I leave it with Mr. McAllister and his staff (BAD MISTAKE).

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 I received a call from my payroll manager saying she has just received a “Notice of Levy to Garnish Wages" by the I.R.S.

I called the I.R.S. on April 25, 2008 and got the lien garnishment lifted and it didn't cost me a dime. The I.R.S. told me all this could have been avoided with just one phone call asking for an extension. Mr. McAllister stated Tax Masters definitely called the I.R.S. to get tax information, but did not notify the I.R.S. that they were representing me.

All Mr. McAllister, Juanita or Celina (my assigned case workers, which are really file clerks) had to do was to call the I.R.S. office and let them know that Tax Masters is now representing me. Imagine that!

In fact, my payroll manager told me that when she called the I.R.S. they told her no one from Tax Masters has ever contacted the I.R.S. office. When I spoke with the I.R.S, I asked if any representative from Tax Masters has ever contacted them and they told me “NO". (I have names and badge numbers of I.R.S. agents).

Due to the fact that TAX MASTERS mislead, lied and has put me in a worse situation with the I.R.S. than I was before, I sent a certified letter requesting a “FULL REFUND" to be credited back to my credit card. When I called back and spoke with Mr. McAllister he told me Tax Masters never received any letter of cancellation. I told him that I sent it certified mail via U.S.P.S. with a Track & Confirm update, and signature of Tax Masters representative who signed for it.

Tax Masters has done absolutely nothing for me and I cannot imagine how they are still in business.

This company has an unsatisfactory report for a pattern of complaint activity regarding refunds and service. It is obvious that Tax Masters did nothing to help me and has not provided the service they claim and promise to do.
There are numerous complaints through the Houston BBB, independent blogs, and complaint boards that cite issues very similar to mine that people have had with Taxmasters. When you add it all up, many people have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars by contracting Tax Masters.

On December 4, 2008, I contacted my attorneys in California and their firm is looking into filing a class action lawsuit against Tax Masters - Patrick R. Cox and Fred Hackett.

If all goes well there will be TV and radio commercials announcing this notice.

I encourage all interested parties to join this class action lawsuit to hopefully put Patrick R. Cox, Fred V. Hackett and Alex Clamon of Tax Masters out of business and get our money back, and put an end to these predatory vultures who prey on people financially unable to fight back!

Agencies to file complaints against Tax Master:

* Consumer Affairs Offices
* Texas bar Association
* File a Rip-off
* File a complaint with the office of Professional Responsibility at the IRS

Tax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax MastersTax Masters

Do

Comments

Mi
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Please notify me at mkrn1995@msn.com if this class action lawsuit happens. I too have fallen victum to their scam.

Michelle
Em
  15th of Feb, 2009
Please let me know if the lawsuit happens...we are in the same boat. emcglone@mac.com

Edie
  18th of Feb, 2009
Tax Masters ripped me off, I was contacted by Ill. BBB in Chicago the local news media is gathering names of people ripped off by Tax Masters, please contact Ill.BBB out of Chicago to finally shine the light under the rock these cowards hide under. Also please email me on info to join class action lawsuit to jaymcm59@yahoo.com thanks
Dr
  19th of Feb, 2009
Tax Masters of Fraud got us. Please contact us at Dirtyloop@aol.com
Dr
  19th of Feb, 2009
Taxmasters of fraud. We would like to help anyone's case. Contact us at Daaswuzup@aol.com
Gj
  24th of Mar, 2009
I would like the name and contact information for any Houston area attorney who has successfully recovered monies for a client wronged by Tax Masters out of Houston, Texas.
Cl
  11th of Apr, 2009
claude lorey April 10th, 2009 10:37 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
On Feb 6th 2009 I contacted Tax Masters & received prompt attention. I explained my situation to Mr David Bland & he quickly came up with a fee of $5750. for your services. I explained that in order to pay the fees I would need a loan from my employer. He said no problem, can we draft $750 today to protect you. I agreed. I signed your agreement in the belief that my employer would loan me the $5000 balance. On Feb 26th 2009 I called Tax Masters to inform them that I was unable to get a loan for the $5000. balance and to stop the automatic draft for $1250. I was transferred from department to department telling my story that I did not have the money to cover this draft…to no avail. Since this time my life has become a living HELL! with hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees, no access to my funds because you continue draft on my account. no way to pay rent, food or child support to my ex-wife. My bank said there is nothing they can do. I am now forced to have my employer withdraw my direct deposit and walk away from my -$2500.00 bank account. the only thing that I have received from Tax Masters is Consultation Results Letter. Pretty Sad! as of right now, Tax Masters has collected $3250.00 for a consultation which on their website said was FREE! they will not respond to my E- mails or return my calls
Jo
  11th of May, 2009
I am also in the same boat, please keep me informed of any class action lawsuit that may happen on this. My wife and I were also victims to this. I did research before we went with this company but unfortunately did not find the proper sites otherwise we would not have signed up with this group. I have filed complaints with the State Attorney General's office of Texas, Better Business Bureau and also with the Federal Trade Commission due to business practices. Please keep me informed and updated on the class action lawsuit through email at joshcasillas@cox.net.
  12th of Aug, 2009
I am in the same boat as well.

Has anyone made any progress on this at all?
  12th of Aug, 2009
I would join a suit if one was filed, I don't have the time, money, or health to deal with one by myself. I can be reached at antkojm1 [at] gmail [dot] com
Sc
  18th of Aug, 2009
Did anyone notice the TxMstr advertisement on the top of this page?
Tm
  26th of Aug, 2009
Please let me know how I can be involved in the class action lawsuit. My email... freide.lou@gmail.com.

My situation is stimilar to yours... TaxMasters is a SCAM. They do not help you at all. They do not fully disclose billing options, misrepresent their services, have horrible customer service (if any) and don't do a thing even though IRS puts garnishment on your wages. I started with them Jan. 2009, got hit with a wage garnishment Aug. 2009. Did NOT receive any notification that this was going to occur. Send them multiple communications, in writing, because I don't trust them and NOTHING. Definitely, non-responsive.

My contacts have been DaMaris Givens - case coordinator and Delmar Hunter - tax analyst.
In
  9th of Sep, 2009
Sign me up for any class action lawsuit. TM stole 7k from my account and caused overdrafts to the tune of over $800.00. You can email me at inteioper@aol.com
Li
  17th of Sep, 2009
I am interested in joining the class action suit. Lost over $5000.00 in 9 months with absolutley no service, just pain, heartache, and pure hell! They are a rip-off and need to be stopped ASAP!

I can be reached at polkadot2u@hotmail.com
Thanks.
Il
  22nd of Sep, 2009
Got me. A guy who is usually good at detecting "sheep with wolf breath". UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Now I have a levy on my wages. I can be reached at ilewiz@hotmail.com
  26th of Oct, 2009
Can anyone tell me the best way to join the class action suit. I've lost over 3000 dollors and they need to be stopped. They just about had me lose my house and job because of a tax levy on my payroll checks. you can contact me at jdjohnson696@yahoo.com
  6th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've been attempting to get my money back from them for months... I've attached a screen captured picture of one of the many comments I've left on their site that have never been addressed but are always somehow deleted...

You can contact me a coveringyourass@yahoo.com

Don't be afraid to ask for help... I'll do anything I can to drag this ongoing criminal enterprise into court before the statute of limitations runs out on their crimes and they can no longer be sued or prosecuted...
Ex
  5th of Jan, 2010
Pat Cox is currently a Certified Public Accountant licensed by the State of Texas (http://www.tsbpa.state.tx.us/macros/OD007.ndm/DETAIL?ID=055358 ). Your complaints about his deficiencies can be filed with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy to get him sanctioned and and possibly shut down for discreditable acts against the profession.
Yv
  13th of Jan, 2010
I too, have been scammed by these idiots. I have been screwed around with since July 2008! They took $6500 from me and have never done a thing. I have been trying for a year to get my money refunded. I am so frustrated and want to see these crooks pay everyone back and get shut down!
  15th of Mar, 2010
Apparently there is a US Treasury investigation into TaxMasters.

---

US Treasury Department
Attention: Agent Farwell
1919 Smith Street
Suite 2270
Houston, TX 77002

----

And a potential class-action suit:

Pam Mitchell