System Freight Inc. / Unfriendly to Class A Drivers

1 Jamesburg, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 609-395-8600

This company represents it self as driver and family oriented company. They are neither. They accuse their drivers of wronge doing without proof, there is favoratisum (especially Tullytown Location) with the manager and some of the drivers. Those he likes get the best runs. One of the drivers is an admitted drinker Both Company and terminal manager are aware of this. Raises and bonus do not exist. They sent letters to many drivers(aprox. 6 out of 8 drivers in tullytown) making them aware that they will not recive safe driver awards(Christmas Bonus) for things that they did not do. The driver that recived the safe driver bonus is the admitted drunk. I ask you how fair is that? The drivers book over 60 hours in the seat. I just know that there has to be some log book violations there. There are so many things I can say about this company but it would take me a lifetime and then some. DRIVERS BEWARE THIS COMPANY ROTS.

Comments

Je
  6th of Apr, 2009

This sounds like a typical disgruntled poor performing employee. I know this is a great company to work for and have been here for over 15 years! People do not leave this job because the company provides fair treatment and ggod wages and steady work. Best trucking company I have ever worked for.

Ha
  22nd of Nov, 2009

I been with this company 21 years, I have never witnessed any unfair treatment or favortisum...Apparently the disgruntled employee who posted this complaint was a screw off and got caught doing something that he wasn't supposed to be doing and it bit him in the ###! They don"t just take bonus money either, you damaged something that caused SFI not to award you the bonus money. Typical CRY BABY B.S!!!

Ge
  19th of Dec, 2009

This driver is right on! System Freight wants drivers that kiss butt, and don't know how to think for themselves, so if you have worked for this company for 21 years, you must be a nit-wit, or the President of Operations.

Mo
  10th of Aug, 2010

"I have been driving Big Rigs for about ten years", and I know exactly what your talkin about.When Raegan DEREGULATED the trucking industry, this became one of many biproducts of that. sounds like they was try'n to run him off, for whatever reason. I'm look'n for a job know, and I won't be applying there.

Ra
  27th of Oct, 2010

First of all Carter deregulated the trucking industry not Ronald Reagan ! But yes it did change the industry for the worse.to many cut rate companies and not enough fair wage jobs.Im about to go to work for System Freight and Im hopeful that it WILL be a good company.I am running out of hope and time after 23 years one of these companies will be what I hope it will be. I hope all those looking for the right driving job can find one as well, Lord knows many of us are out there trying.GOD BLESS ! and BE SAFE !

Dr
  11th of Dec, 2011

I was a driver out of Lancaster.the company violated federal law several times, they need a dot audit.they have no respect for the drivers.long hours, ask every week about weekend work.this trucking company is a joke.I have a great driving job now.would not recomend this job to anyone.things will get worse working there.

Ed
  2nd of Jun, 2012

I don, t know much of todays organization, and I cannot believe what I, m reading. I started in the trucking Industry early 70, s as a driver for System Frt in No. Bergen, after a short while I moved into management working with James and Tony, I have to say it was one of the best jobs I have ever had and all the people involved were very supportive and very family orianted, I hold the highest respect towards James La Marca and Tony Surigusa, they are true truckers, I am so glad to know both of them and System Frt.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTEN

Sa
  22nd of Sep, 2012

I will never go back to System freight again now that I've learned the hard way. If you've come to this review board in order to seek a job with SF, do yourself a BIG favor and don't apply there. They will work you to death and no amount of kind words and smiles are worth that. They state that drivers are home every night, but I dont consider an average of 6-8 hours off at night "home time"

Th
  4th of Jun, 2013

I agree with the original poster, ... this place is the pits! and for all of you who think we are just "whining babies" YOU are the favorites we are referring to, ...what do you work every weekend and log 30 hrs a day for "the man" so he can toss you a bone?
...the ### local union is in LaMarca's pocket and they don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. The shop steward was useless in resolving disputes
Ed Marotta, of course you think it's a great place to work, you and Sedlak had your heads so far up LaMarca's ### that you were part of the problem. I know I was there, .. No. Bergen barn late 80's... yeah you know who I am...

Me
  14th of Jun, 2013

the pay most trucking companies pay today i was making 25 years ago. the same pay and allot more ### it's not worth it to do this kind of work... there is already a severe shortage of qualified drivers and it is only going to get worse.i was doing road tests at the place i work at now and 95% of these new wannabe drivers cant shift or back up... let alone go forward...

Ny
  17th of Dec, 2013

It sounds to me like everyone has their own opinion - as well you should. My husband has been working for System Freight for a few years now, and although he doesn't love it per se, he does like it enough to stay there. I also believe that it depends on where you work out of, who your boss is and where your runs are. He has a good boss and enjoys the places that he goes, but he does work long hours and most Saturdays. When I say long hours, I mean that he typically leaves the house around 4:30 a.m. and he returns home anywhere between 5 and 9 p.m., but he also has a 45 minute drive each way to work. And for all of the time that he puts in, he brings home on average $1, 000/week; sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. So if you're considering a job with SF, do your due diligence. Speak with some of the other drivers in the place where you're looking to apply. They will be the best source of information, not only for the employees at that particular place, but also for the runs and the people that you will be dealing with at each of your stops. I hope that helps to provide an unbiased opinion for those of you who are looking to work there. No hate or favoritism on my end - just information. Be safe guys and gals!

Pa
  9th of Jan, 2014

They SUCK !

Fu
  21st of Jan, 2014

I'm sorry to see these bad posts. I worked at SFI in lancaster for 5 years. I had a group of drivers that were excellent drivers. They were treated with respect and made a great living. Big Jim made promises that he kept. If he said something was going to be done that's exactly what happened!!! I loved my job and the drivers that worked for me. Don't disgrace this man's honor or his family or company because you had issues and he is not here to defend himself. I still know drivers that work for this company and they are happy. I am proud to say I spent 5 years working for System freight.

Ha
  18th of Feb, 2014

the pay was good when you did not have to dispute it (all the time) long hours and stay in canada over night to many times solvay manager was all right but they brought in another guy to help ken cant remember his name but what an ###

Lo
  1st of Mar, 2014

I am looking to apply to this company, I would have to relocate. I have almost 20 years driving experience. The company is hiring in Solvay, Ny.The add said that it is a Teamster job, can anyone tell me the hourly rate and how are the benefits?Do they pay into the Teamsters pension fund? What kind of freight do they haul? And how is the companies equipment and the dispatchers at that location?
Thanks for any help...

Go
  20th of Mar, 2014

DO THE MATH DIVIDE GROSS PAY BY HOURS YOU WERE ENSLAVED AVERAGE $13-$14 BUCKS AND HOUR STRAIGHT TIME !!!.. Seems like you make good money some days but you don't if you gross it all out on the table at the end of the week.

Ff
  27th of Mar, 2014

I am considering applying to System Freight soon so, I read each of the prior comments closely and with keen interest. I find those of "jerseytrucker" and "hammerdown" to be deceitful and resounding with vested interest. The majority of comments seem grounded in real-life experience thus, bear credibility. "NY Trucker" sounds quite believable. "Fubar 1380" is refreshingly insightful. I pay keen attention to the comment of "Hate Canada." And, "Goose Turd" is very wise (sincerely). I am taking to heart both the good and bad comments about System Freight's "personality" as I consider working for them. My philosophy has always been "In this society I have to work, but I don't HAVE to work HERE." Thank you all who commented here. I will give fair weight to all your views.

Ch
  11th of Jun, 2014

The Job sucks, Balls to the wall all the time, There's nothing that's ever good that comes out of New Jersey. Schenectady Ny. has a good manager, But the problem i had was in schenectady, We made Zone pay which was pretty good, Except for JUNK Trailer's. But then the district manager would change the schedule and send you to Solvay for 40 cents per mile. Nothing else, No drop n hook pay, No dock time nothing, Then he would bring a driver from another facility to cover your run that you originally had out of your terminal, Which is B.S., Your losing about 150.00 a day.The name of the Company should be System CHEAP Freight

Tr
  22nd of Sep, 2014

Drivers and Trucking companies, Nothing has changed ! ... I drove for a little company called Texaco 25 years ago and after the company changed, they proposed a pay change option too the Drivers. "The drivers" agreed to come off the hourly pay scale and agreed too a per mile and gallon incentive pay plan. That made for longer 12 hours days and running like dogs to equal what we had and "The drivers" agreed to split off from the refinery union... That was a sad year, and many of us left, and company made out well.
That said, fast forward 2014 I retired at age 58 this year, and said hey, maybe things are not so bad in the trucking industry and I'll pick up a job driving PT, BAAH nothing has change at all, after reading this board and talking to companies and listening to drivers, It's gotten worse. Drivers are still cutting each others throats, trying to be hero's and proving points and working for 10- 14 bucks and hour when calculated... It's a shame for such a profession with huge responsibilities to get paid slightly above a fast food workers
If Drivers united and shut down in protest, they could name their wage and working conditions and earn the respect they deserve

Je
  9th of Oct, 2014

There are many drivers there for over 20 years. Consistent pay and work. Has fed my family for 15 years and put 3 kids into the work force. The expectation is you work for pay and if you do you shouldn't have any issues. You are going to have some negatives about any job. SFI has some. But the good outweighs the bad... Give it a shot and make your own choice.