Sunshine Promotions / &Free& Gift that costs $500

1 901 31St St. NWDC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-315025

I received a postcard stating that I had been selected to receive a complimentary cruise as well as complimentary air fare for two. When I called, I was told that I would have to listed to a 90-minute presentation about a unique travel service first. I was also told that I would have to pay ONLY a $50 per person refundable deposit to hold the airline tickets, but that all other benefits would be without any charge.

I made an appointment and drove well over an hour to hear the presentation. When I declined the offer to join a travel club, I was given two promotional certificates. The airfare certificate requires a $50 per person deposit, but also states that the deposit amount MAY be higher depending on the amount of unspecified "fees." The cruise requires the payment of $249 per person, non refundable, for unspecified "taxes and fees."

This is entirely contradictory to the flat promise that was made to me on the telephone stating that the cruise and airline tickets were FREE.

Ca

Comments

• Su
      18th of Aug, 2009

Hello Cal O,

My name is Stephanie and I represent Sunshine Promotions LLC as the Customer Relations Manager. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the promotional gifts that were given to you.

You should know as well as other readers that we solicit the aid of third party marketing companies to arrange for all appointments to attend a sales presentation here in our Georgetown, Washington, DC offices.

As part of our incentive for guests to attend the presentation, each participant (as a couple) is promised a promotional gift in exchange for their time.

These gifts are given out whether or not you take part in our travel program, and we make every effort to ensure that you are made aware when checking in at the Front Desk, that you will be responsible for any and all processing fees, taxes and surcharges, if you elect to use your promotional gift.

While each promotional gift are unique giving them a different value and out of pocket costs on the part of the participant, we make every effort when gifting the item to disclose what those are while you are here at Sunshine Promotions.

It appears in your instance you were not advised totally when the appointment was made of all the costs involved and for that I am truly sorry and can understand your frustration.

I can tell you that you are right in that the two airline tickets within the continental US do require a $50 per person deposit to cover all applicable taxes and fees.

In addition, the second certificate you received for a cruise for two for 7 nights to the Carribean in an outside cabin does require a $249 pp fee that covers all fuel surcharges, security surcharges, processing fees and port fees. While the costs may seem high, we ask that you consider that these are the only costs you are asked to incur, if you elect to participate. Given the length of the cruise and the costs of $500 in total for two people, it is still a very enjoyable cruise at a significantly discounted rate.

Sunshine Promotions makes every effort to disclose the costs involved as well as the process for securing these gifts, and unfortunately such as in this case, we do find that the marketing company did not do as well as we would like in communicating the costs involved.

I hope this helps to clarify the process and again, I do apologize that these costs were not fully disclosed to you when making your appointment. I also hope that you will have an opportunity to take advantage of these promotional programs over the next year! And of course, you have the option of declining the gifts, which we hope will not be the case!

If you need additional assistance, I welcome your call at 202-944-2750.

Kindly,

Stephanie
    Sunshine Promotions

• Un
      21st of Nov, 2009

Count yourself blessed for not falling for the travel deal they offer... all you lost is your time.

These people are expert sellers, convincing you that you are getting a great deal on a product that is basically a travel agency with a lousy web site. There are just enough good deals available through Gold Crown to make them legal, but not enough to actually provide a useful service. But they certainly know how to write an ironclad contract...