StoresOnline / Biggest scam

United States Review updated:

A  17th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
geez ... wish I had seen some of the comments you folks have made before I purchased the platinum package ... no co-operation from them at all ... nothing but headaches
N  18th of Jul, 2009 by
This is the biggest scam going and the people there are blatant liars and thieves. Warning to all do not buy anything from storesonline or galaxy mall.(prevous name).
A  16th of Oct, 2009 by
I went to there internet workshop and they tried to get me to buy there platium package. After asking a few questions, I knew that it was a scam. The person that was talking to me that I need to write them a check and that if I don't, I will be asked to leave. I told him that I didn't have the money in the bank to write a check. He asked if I had overdraft proction on my account and if you do, you can still write the check and it would go thru and you can take your time putting the money back in the bank. The first words out of my month was "would you write a check when you don't have the money in the bank and he said he would just to take advanage of this."

I told him if he would do that he would be commetting fruad on his bank. I then told him I was a retired police officer and after I said that, I was asked to leave.

Don't get involed with Stores Online.

A  17th of Oct, 2009 by
I agree with this and many other complaints/stories about this company. I wish had done better research online before i paid them over $6000.00
A  21st of Nov, 2009 by
Don't do it!

I went to one of their seminars while visiting family in another state. Living in Utah, I knew all too well about these people. I went to their seminar because my Dad just happened to get a piece of their junk mail - and I thought I'd sit in on the "show". As an internet guy myself, it surely WAS "a show" like no other.

They are like timeshare salesmen - well trained to sell a product that has essentially no value. They want that credit card- and they don't care how they get it. I watched senior citizens who didn't know a mouse from rat (literally and figuratively) sign up for a product they'd never use (and these people knew it).

I didn't say anything to anyone while there; however, I shook my head in disgust and saw first hand how this company from my state (Utah) was out touring the world, looking for their next schmuck to ripoff. If they had any idea that I knew just who they were, I'm sure I would have been asked to leave as well. If my Dad hadn't been with me, I would have stood up and told everyone that they had been drawn here (hotel) to be ripped off.

This company is ran by returned Mormon Missionaries; you can see for yourself by looking at their T-### through their white dress shirts. This "T-Shirt" is actually what Mormons consider their "sacred garments" (google Mormon Garments to see for yourself). Returned" means that they've returned to their home after having been on a Mormon Mission somewhere around the world. Mormon missionaries are taught how to sell ice cubes to Eskimos, and that is how they've developed the so called "skill" to rip off all these hard working people whose comments I am reading on these blogs. This is also how they are able to go into all these countries throughout the world and pull of a scam such as this; namely, they already have a network of contacts world-wide - in every city, state/province and country.
N  21st of Jan, 2010 by
I recently attended a seminar in Rock Island, IL. Jan 21-2010. They were very pleasant and mis-leading about their service. I feel sorry for all the hardworking people that paid the money to attend the 2nd phase of the Maketing Workshop which will no doubt require more money. The area I"m from is in a very bad recession and the people that paid are far from rich or wealthy.How can a Corporation or its employees perform this kind of side show circus with a clean conscious.
A  29th of Dec, 2012 by
I didn't have a checking account or a credit card at the time I signed up with SOL. This was about 4 or 5 years ago. But they wanted my business and my money so bad that they asked for my banking info anyway, ie, transit #, institution #, etc. I told them I didn't know it, which I didn't, because I had no checking account. Well, then the girl who was trying to sign me up pulls this thick book of light green checks out of a briefcase, fills it out, and asks me to sign it, which I did because I thought she trying to do me some huge favor or something. Then she took all my paperwork, contract, everything, and tore it all up and threw it into the waste basket beside het table. Then she pushed the bill only, across the table, told me to keep it, it would be my proof of things, handed me another written white sheet and told me it would get me my SOL package in the other room - and it did! But then several months later I lost my home and couldn't afford to pay them anymore, so they locked out my website. I told them I didn't want anything to do with them anymore because I had no home and no money, and they said they could "take me to court, sell my stuff to get their money, make my life a living hell for the next 2 years." They sounded like thugs! It scared me so bad I went and closed out my bank account and moved to different bank, and I abandoned my SOL website and never went back to them. I since have a new apartment to live in but very little money, and I get a food voucher from social services so I can buy food to eat when my son, whi is in foster care, comes to visit. But I still get a call from a collection agency (at least I think that's what it is, for all I know it could be them themselves!) every few months, calling me liar when I tell them I have no money. They say I owe about $1100 even though I took that website off the internet and did nothing with it and abandoned it. I got nothing from them whatsoever but they still seem to want money from me. I don't have that kind of money and I am just praying that they (whoever calls me) stops calling and leaves me alone. I am 52, divorced, disabled, unable to hold a job, and live on disability. I have no money to give them or anyone.
N  31st of May, 2013 by
Storesonlines (SOL) Markets its web tools that allows its customer to set up an e-commerce site in which to sell the products of the customer choosing. They also market workshops to help your get you started. IS this a SCAM…NO. The provide you exactly what you pay for. A Scam is when you don’t get what you paid for.
The simple fact is that NOT EVERYONE CAN SELL PRODUCTS, NOT EVERYONE is an overnight success (99.99999 %). Does the presentation make it seem like you can become a millionaire by next month. It does if you don’t listen closely. I’ve been to two of their seminars and they DO tell the audience that it depends on their products, site traffic, and marketing, but it’s just like AVON, MARY KAY, AMWAY, and dozens of other companies that have services that can help make you money…IF you are the type of person who can run a business. But make no mistake SOL is there to SELL THEIR PRODUCTS. Building a business depends on how much sweat equity you are willing to put into in…all people who go to these seminars seem to hear is how much money that can (potentially) make. (Yes it is the bait for selling their product).
So if you know nothing about Internet marketing, Branding, or will not take the time to learn all the skills you need to have a successful web site, like the ones they show you at the seminars, you are not going to do well. Now is this really SOL fault. How many people try and fail at AVON? How many try and fail at running a restaurant? Over 50% of business fail in the first year…and internet business are no different.
What about that $6000 startup cost. SOL starts out by offering you I think 6 sites for the low low cost of $6000. This is no small amount to invest is something you know nothing about, and not willing to learn. You are also very STUPID to invest money you can’t afford to loose (that’s the risk of investing).
Why didn’t you start small and learn the ropes before you jumped in the deep end. In the seminar I went to they were selling their express version for $25 + the monthly hosting fee (normal price $199 + $24.95). I spend three years finding all the FREE information on the internet on how to build a business.

Yes you can buy the full package…yes you can build a web site…but if you don’t do any marketing, and learn all the tricks that Amazon, Zappos, and E-bay, learned…NO you want be the next Mark Zuckerberg.
SOL provides you exactly what they promise you, but they can’t make you successful; that’s on you. Let me give you a real world example. 10 blocks from me is a restaurant building that has gone under every year. It is sitting in a row of fast food chains like Church’s Chicken, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, etc. It has recently changed hands again, but unless the new owner does something different and unique to draw people to his restaurant, people will go to someplace else. Having a web site is just like that. You have to have to compete for business. Think about it if there are 200 web site selling ladies shoes, why would I pick you over the other 199. The competition for dollars is fierce. So unless you have high demand unique item, you have to deal with the competition. Think about what makes McD, BK, Wendys, Hardees, Whitecastles, etc successful when they sell almost the same type products. Therefore just because you have a bought a web site, does not mean you are going succeed, you are going to have read, learn and do the skills necessary to win. Is SOL perfect..NO. Does their software have occasional problems..yes (so does Microsoft).
However it is far easier to people to say they were scammed, than to say they were just greedy, desperate and stupid.
No, I don’t work for Storesonline..I am a customer..do I feel scammed? NO, I got exactly what I bought..1 Website called PepperEyes.com. Running and maintaining 1 site is a lot of work, so why would I want 6. If you do a google search you can find my business..because I spend time building my business..
Remember the lessons from the Tortoise and the Hare…So and Steady wins the race.