Steven Walters Law Firm / Harassing Calls

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I got a call from " Roseanne" from Steven Walters professional corporation. She is trying to collect from me on a legit debt. Is she actually a lawyer or does she work for a law firm ? I googled Steven Walters & got a lawyers listing in Toronto. I'm going to call it & see if I can get her there. She only calls me at work
'Rosemary Smit' called me and threatened me with all sorts of legal action if i did not pay her a debt. She did not leave any contact details other than her name, no numbers, email addresses and did not identify the client she was collecting for. Caller display said 'Steven Walters'. Rosemary used a very aggressive tone of voice that I fear would be scary to anyone old. A very dirty tactic to scare people into paying up.

If she calls again, I will take her to court if that needs be. She is breaking the law.

An

More Steven Walters Law Firm Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      15th of Jan, 2013

she has called me to with same tone in her voice and said she was prepared to take legal action and i asked for documentation from her. and she said it was right in front of her and i kept asking for a copy but she started to get more rude with me..I told her that i am on websites and see complaints about her and she said "well i can put complaints about you on there as well" and she kept saying she was with the Stephen Walters Law Office and she was going to garnishee my wages unless i sent her a money order or give her a credit card...she already sent a letter to my employer requesting employee info on me..

• Am
      22nd of Jan, 2014

This is hilarious!! I've been getting the same messages and phone calls from a Michelle DAILY, HOURLY, I believe this IS harassment!! A even funnier thing is if she's from a lawyers office why do I hear a bunch of other people talking in the background like a "call Center" this person and place is a joke!! I google it and low and behold look what comes up, tons and tons of other of the same complaints lol

Good luck "Michelle" your becoming famous lol

• Li
      4th of Sep, 2014

Has anyone actually been taken to court or submitted to her "legal action"? I am supposed to email transfer $75 to a non-discript email address tomorrow. I suspect I shall not be sending it.

• De
      20th of Dec, 2015

If anyone is talking about having dealt with MDG before all this started, got a call from this Michelle Holiday who claimed to be in their legal department, that alone was bull, she is nothing more than another lackey in their "finance department" They are claiming a senior citizen owes them over $1, 000. Too bad half that amount is interest on interest over bogus charges to which more interest is charged. We have all the records and emails they are full of themselves, and this small claims court, laws are different in Quebec and Ontario and who with any brains is going to go after someone who is retired. They can try to collect, but they will never see a dime... unless they want to wait about 20 years

• Co
      28th of Jun, 2018

Anyone dealing with collection firms/agencies... beware please!! Asking questions, referring to the collections act, reporting harassment and abuses to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs is extremely important if you are a victim of any of these, and by the looks of these comments it appears to be so. Just because a caller is with a law firm, or a lawyer, does not give them, or anyone, the right to be abusive or operate outside the guidelines of our laws. Some offices are worse than others including legal offices. Some are just a nightmare to even try to deal with. If you have any concerns reach out to a trusted source or two and talk about your situation.

• Co
      28th of Jun, 2018

Also note: the law firm being referred to by the comments above, SW, has been apparently referred to and noted as one such difficult person and office.

• Mi
      11th of Sep, 2018

Stephen Walters Law Firm has a head office location in Mississauga.

I received a call from a Hamilton number claiming to be from Stephen Walters Law Firm, and her name was Claude (she had an Arabic accent), stating I owed money and asking me when I'm going to pay.
    I looked up the firm but found nothing for Hamilton on google.
    YP.ca has a listing for Stephen Walters Professional Corp, and they are a law firm in Hamilton located at 8 Main St. E.
    I called Yelp to find out whether companies need to prove they are a legit and a registered company and I was told that if the business is a paying member then yes. Free member listings- no.
    So I asked about Stephen Walters and the gal said they don't make that info public due to privacy act laws. Ok.
    So I kept researching and found Stephen Walters Law Firm in Mississauga. I called and asked if they have an office in Hamilton, and she responded with "Nationwide". I asked her if she can give me the names of the employees in Hamilton, because I want to verify they are legit and not scammers.
    The girl in the Mississauga (head office) mentioned a number of names including the one that called me.
    So, that being said, I do believe they are a legit law firm, however, harassment etc can be cause for the courts.

Just putting the info out there so you can research on your own.