Stein Mart / racial profiling
As I shopped in store #67 located on Highway 280 in Birmingham, Alabama Friday, November 26, 2010 I noticed that two black female associates were watching my every move. I was so uncomfortable that I began to move around in different departments to make sure I wasn't being racially profiled. I'm a teacher with several different degrees and including Juries Prudence who has successfully passed a background check and would not jeopardize my career by no means to steal. I'm a frequent Stein Mart shopper and have spent thousands of dollars shopping in these stores since they opened in our area. I don't appreciate being followed around like a common thief. I reported this incidence to the manager (Robby Cain) who was very arrogant, nonchalant, and made excuses for the associates. An apology should have been rendered for the associates conduct instead he gave me his card to report this incidence to you. This manager need to realize that the customer is always right and professional people like me who can afford clothing in this recession, help to keep this store open. If we stop shopping this store will close like other due to low customer sales. I don't appreciate my experience and would like for this matter to be investigated as soon as possible.
More Stein Mart Complaints & Reviews
- Stein Mart - return policy 
- Stein Mart - awful company 
- Stein Mart - sales clerk offered free magazines 
- Stein Mart - misleading return policy 
- Stein Mart Inc. - I will never shop there again 
- Stein Mart - shirt with security tag on it.
- Stein Mart - terrible on line service
- Stein Mart - customer service
- Stein Mart - manager at vero beach store
- Stein Mart - urgent - 2 items I need to return