Star Vacation Club / Fraudulent promises!

FL, United States Review updated:
4.85

My membership to date has been nothing but disappointments. We spent far too much to 'join' the club for NOTHING! I may as well have taken the money and ripped it up and thrown it in the ocean with similar results! Upon renewing (I rue the day) I received The Vacation Club Savers Guide that had the following sticker attached.

DUE TO A PRINTING ERROR
PLEASE DISREGARD THE
EXPIRATION DATES.

Of course, they are not usable since they are already expired!

I was urged (very strongly) to take advantage of 'yearly' promotional specials. Unfortunately I bought two. I was told that I could change trips as long as I paid the initial $499.00 each time. You have had MY money this entire time! I recently called to book a promotional cruise. The representative Kindy? was pushy, arrogant and totally unlikeable. She stated that if I did not make the reservations immediately I would 'lose my place'. What the heck does that mean? She didn't even know which cruise or trip I wanted at that point. I did not appreciate this type of 'salesmanship'. I am in a service industry on a commission only income. If I treated my customers/clients that way, HARD SELL/HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS, I would not have any left.

Upon some superficial research my guests and I found that we could purchase the same exact cruise for over $100.00/person less than the club's promotional price! I was astounded and disappointed yet again. This is the second occasion that we found a trip less expensive at a random website.

I have left several messages with customer service for a supervisor to call me regarding the above issues. To date I have not spoken with anyone except the customer service representative.

At this point I am prepared to go to small claims court AND THE MEDIA, BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and any organization that will protect the public from being financially harmed by companies like yours, to demand a refund of the $998.00 paid for the promotional specials on the grounds of false information and $3500.00 for the 'club' membership for false promises.

Comments

Jo
  10th of Mar, 2008
my fiance and i were conned into paying $6000 for this "star vacation club". It's been nothing but a pain in the ###!!!! Trying to book a trip,even trying to navi-gate the web site is an adventure. We find better bargains with a travel agent and they are not as rude as the "people" in customer service. I'm gonna use this as a very valuable learning tool.
Ja
  6th of Oct, 2008
i believe this company in currently involved in a class action lawsuit regarding its employees pay and lack of it this company needs to be brought down
Al
  11th of Oct, 2008
I too was a victim of Star Vacation Club. I've tried the BBB, FTC, and Attorney General and no luck. Do you think we can get enough people together for a class action lawsuit to get our refunds??