Spark Hire / Fake hiring

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Applied for a job on Craigslist, I'm automatically sent a fake email from a company called "eTechnologies Inc." (how lame can you get.) saying that they're conducting interviews through a website called Spark Hire. The website for eTechnologies is just a domain, not actually business website. It's been bought by Spark Hire so they can get people who are looking for ACTUAL JOBS to sign up to their ### startup site and post online content or whatever. Spark Hire SUCKS and so do their scammy and spammy user acquisition techniques. I'm pretty sure nobody gets hired off it.

Comments

• Ra
      23rd of Mar, 2012

My name is Randi and I am the Director of Operations at eTechnologies and we use Spark Hire for video interviewing. eTechnologies is an employment company for startup incubators. Before you start slamming companies, you should do your due diligence. Also, it's not very smart to accuse a company that you applied to of being fake. Call the company and see for yourself 877-94 ETECH. If you want to e-mail me directly, I can be reached at [protected]@etech360.com. This is a frivolous complaint and should be removed immediately.

• Da
      9th of Aug, 2012

I work for eTechnologies and I was hired through SparkHire.

• Bl
      16th of Nov, 2012

etech isn't an "incubator" it's a title loan lead generation business

• Su
      31st of Aug, 2013

Sparkhire and etech are both bad places to work. This "business" is run by a man sued for antitrust by the DOJ. Sparkhire.com is a toy made for a 22 year old college graduate with no experience.

• Wa
      29th of Sep, 2014

I learned so much from one of the workers here. However the way I was cut short of my internship or dismissed was incredibly unprofessional. The content manager is straight up rude once you try to be nice to her. I was given no reason why My internship ended early (they cut me off 6 weeks instead of signed contracted 12 weeks) Nor was i ever given any feedback during my internship until I was cut off. The company is run by a bunch of power hungry 20 year-olds who disrespect and pick on new hires. They don't care about anyone except on the very first day. After that, they don't care. It was a wonderful experience of what I learned in the world of SEO, however I was treated terribly after my first day onward. Etech is for people who graduated college or college kids looking for internship work. Nowhere is this place for a professional pernament work enviorment.