SOS Protect / cancellation of my policy

1 South Africa Review updated:

I met one of your constant out side absa bank at alberton she start by asking me personal questions like which bank do I use and she said call center will call me to confirm with me weather am still interested in their sos protect policy, but I never get any call from you guys. The next thing I know the was a r100.00 deduction on my account. I will like to cancel that policy with immediate effect. My id no : [protected]

Re

Comments

Sc
  9th of Dec, 2008

Re - SOS Protect - I want to advise everyone who has had any problem with this company to PLEASE LODGE A COMPLAINT with the FAIS Ombud - they are there for this very thing. Put your story in writing and address it to FAIS Ombud, PO Box 74571 Lynwood Ridge 0040. Their fax number is 0866 117 579. What this company are doing is absolutely fraudulent and they must be Stopped!!!

La
  24th of Feb, 2009

I have meet with one of your consultant on the way from BANK. He took my details and account nomber and he gave the form then he said i must fax it if i am intrested i did not fax it which means i am not enterested but last month the amount of R200 was debted in my account.Can please cancell it emdiately before month end.my email adress is Laurel@Live.co.za.My ID NO:8412150683083

Da
  18th of Mar, 2009

Please report this Company (Centriq) to the Financial Services Board, P O Box 35655 Menlo Park 0102 - this is the only way they will stop their fraudulent selling tactics.

Am
  3rd of Apr, 2009

I met one pf your agents next to park station by the name of matthews (id number8806305528087 and cell number 0730733466394)and he totally lied to me, he did not give me a chance to read the terms and conditions.He just yold me to sign snd sign and i found it totally innocent at the time until he asked me for my account number, which i refused to give i told him i was not comfortable giving him my account details, he then told me to take his details if im not comfotable which i did.

I gave him because he said if i dont call in 30 days you were going to cancel everything, i was then suprised to see a debit order at the end of the month.
May you please cancel it because i dont have such money to pay and i will never have it, i am just an18 year old teenager with no money dependant on my mother who earns about R3000.00 a month with 3 children one in university.

I know this might be against company policy but im begging you please please please.

Ts
  13th of Apr, 2009

I was in Pretoria last year in July and I met the guy and his name was David who claimed to be your consultant and He told me to fill in the form but to my surprise he ask my ID and Bank account and he said I'll receive a call from his office of which I received it after 3 weeks and I was asked by a lady if I want your insurance and I said no but up to now your company is deducting money from my account can you please stop that with immediate effect and also repay my money back, I am just a mere student if you can access my information who is studying full time.My ID no. 870706 5954 08 5

Ts
  13th of Apr, 2009

I was at Pretoria last year in July and I met a guy who said he was David and He asked me about ID no. and bank account and also told me to fill in a form and sign it and said I'll receive a call and I receive it after 3 weeks and I was asked whether I want to join such a policy and I politely declined the offer but to my surprise, there are debits that are taking place every month so can you please stop that my ID no. is 870706 5954 08 5 I am just a mere student, who is studying full time, so I cannot afford to pay these premiums and also can you repay me because I've declined your offer in the first place before you even take the first debit.

Do
  14th of Apr, 2009

I am a credit card specialist at absa bank, i think this company should
1. employ consultants who will be able to convey the correct information.
2 train their consultants properly, as i have been falsefully sold the same product of which i am not interested in.
3. ensure they comply with proper selling of their policies.

i do not wish to publish my information on a website (due to fraud and identity theft). i just wanted to have a say.

Bo
  23rd of Apr, 2009

I just would like to state that these SOS Protec Consultants are totally fraud and they need to be stopped. I also was approached by one of them and she was selling the product, atleast thats what I thought. She got hold of my details and all I had to do was wait for their call and confirm, that's if I was interested. Next thing I know, R99.99 gets debited on my account every month. I totally did not enter into any agreement with these people. I then got hold of their no. through my bank. Spoke to a lady and asked if I could get a refund of my money that they fraudulently took from me, she then gave me an attitude saying that I signed their documents, I then asked for a copy, she declined. I asked if they had sent me any documents confirming the policy, she made excuses. Now I just would like to lodge an official complaint, not only to cancel, but also to get a refund of my money because it has been a year now that they have been doing this. I am not going to give out my details but the "policy No." is MSP11826. My e-mail address is bootiza@webmail.co.za and I expect to hear from these people soon, before I can go further.

Be
  4th of May, 2009

First off: (a description of what exactly happened.. no details was left out!)
I work in construction as a foreman of a company in south africa...
One afternoon before we knocked-off a group of consultants... about 4 or 5 of them came onto the construction site i'm working on in boksburg, south africa..

They started talking to some of my workers on site, but I gave little notice since it was past knock off time...
As I got into my bakkie, one of the men approached me and started throwing a pitch at me about sos protect and their services... having my own broker and managing my policies through him I really didn't have time to talk to this guy, but as I was trying to be polite, and thus I let him finish his pitch, I then said to him I do not want another policy as I am happy with the way my broker manages all these affairs for me... he then asked me to please just sign on one of his forms... I asked him why? he said it's just to allow his callcenter to phone me... and also said that it would help him personally as it would me that he got a referral from me...
What I didn't know was that the signature would give him permission to sell me the policy right then and there... the rest is history

Info he took from me in my own stupidity: id number.
Cell number
Signature, name and surname...

I did not give him any account details other than the fact that I told him I am a absa client...

I have no legal say in the matter as I signed the contract.. so getting a refund is impossible (I won't be this stupid again)

One thing I have to mention is that I phoned that very same consultant the next day and asked him if he was sure I would be called and that as of that time that there would be no deductions made from my bank account..

His reply was: don't worry sir, we will not deduct any monies from your account without your permission, the call center will phone you first... I said: I hope not!

Up until now they still deduct money from my account every month...

Action:
I will not sue them or ask for a refund... I wont even phone them... i'll play it like they played me...

I will find out where their head office is and go there in person to talk to who ever is in charge, and I promise you it won't be pretty, I mean am I supposed to just sit tight and do nothing while they defraud me every month, I don't need this unecsisary complications in my life right now!!!

An to that little twit who sold me that policy: please come visit me again guy... so I can teach you a little lesson you have to learn when stealing peoples money you thieving #!!!

Jo
  18th of Jun, 2009

I meet one of your consultant and she told me that she is doing a promotion. Now SOS protect is debiting R99 on my bank account. Please respond to me to my email address as I don't want to give my details over the net. I want to cancell the debit. My Email address is jones.ntuli@murrob.com

Mr
  7th of Jul, 2009

I hv tried 2block the debit order. Bt they jst wait a couple of mnths then debit yor acc again. As 4 retriving yo monies. Unfortunatly u signd it off, bst option is 2move yor acc 2 a different bank.

St
  2nd of Sep, 2009

Neither my husband, or I registered for any SOS Policy, but there is billed R100 for a SOS protect policy against his Standard bank account. I never gave anyone our banking details, signature or authorization for such a policy. How can this company get away with fraud like this? Tel 084 589 7445

S. Potgieter

Rh
  13th of Dec, 2009

i have never register for any SOS policy, R100 was off my account every month for the past year and some months. please bring my money back my kids are starving.Tel 0787873531. my email is thandi.nwamusi@eternityhealth.com

Be
  29th of Jul, 2010

They must be sopped NOW!!!. I want all my money back. You cant even contact them 'coz they have disappeared and there is a problem with their website. the bank cant cancel the debit order only the company can. I want my money back since 2008.
email bethancentre@mweb.co.za

Ka
  25th of Aug, 2010

In 2009 i was at work when a group of ladys worked in telling us about this then told us if we did nt call them back within 30days they would cancell it bt since then they have been takin my r100 i just want to cancell this thing please i am nt workin and i just dont have the money 4 this thng can someone please tell me what i can do to cancell this thng please please

Ka
  25th of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Can somebody please tell me how to cancell this sosprotect thing please please please