SmileCare / fraud
I changed dental provders because my insurance changed. I selected Smilecare because they are close to where I live.
It was the worst healthcare experience I have had to experience.
I was in the office for over 2 hours and had xrays (FMX and Pano) and an exam. I never met a more incompetent and disorganized bunch of people in my life. I had to re-do some of the FMX films because they did not take.
When I finally saw the dentist she only check 4 of my teeth with her instruments after looking at the FMX films. (The Pano was not present) She said I had a leaking posterior composite on tooth # 4 and that was it. When the exam was over, I was escorted back to the lobby to wait, again. The receptionist called me up and I asked if I was going to get a prophy. Mind you, the receptionist is not a trained nor experienced dentist had the audacitiy to tell me that I have "unhealthy gums" and they could not do a prophy but could do a deep cleaning and scaling know as a "SRP" and then proceeded to present me with a $700 out of pocket treatment plan. Needless to day, I declined. I asked for a copy of the proposed treatment plan. The following week, I called to have my xrays and pano sent to my new dentist and they had me on hold for over 10 minutes. I humg up and called back and demanded my xrays and pano be sent to the new dentist and I am in the process of filing a complaint with every dental association and my insurance.
They are completely fraudulent and try to coerce a patient into accepting treatement that is completely not dentally necessary. I cannot believe with all the complaints that I have seen posted from several website for this provider, that they still remain in business. I am determined to bring this provider down.
More SmileCare Complaints & Reviews
- SmileCare Dental - Unethical and terrible treatment 
- SmileCare - Dental malpractice and billing fraud 
- SmileCare - Dental Malpractice/Billing Fraud
- Smile Care Dental - Illegally billed me $500 
- SmileCare - Caring Family Dentist 
- Smile Care Lancaster, Ca - dirty very dirty carpets, walls, broken and old equipment.
- Smile Care - rude/incompetent/insensitive/ghetto company
- Smile Care - 5 months waiting for full set of dentures!!!
- Smile Care - COMPLETELY IGNORANT 
- SmileCare - Improper billing / collections