SmileCare / fraud

1 1901 E. Shields (Manchester Center)Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:

I changed dental provders because my insurance changed. I selected Smilecare because they are close to where I live.

It was the worst healthcare experience I have had to experience.

I was in the office for over 2 hours and had xrays (FMX and Pano) and an exam. I never met a more incompetent and disorganized bunch of people in my life. I had to re-do some of the FMX films because they did not take.

When I finally saw the dentist she only check 4 of my teeth with her instruments after looking at the FMX films. (The Pano was not present) She said I had a leaking posterior composite on tooth # 4 and that was it. When the exam was over, I was escorted back to the lobby to wait, again. The receptionist called me up and I asked if I was going to get a prophy. Mind you, the receptionist is not a trained nor experienced dentist had the audacitiy to tell me that I have "unhealthy gums" and they could not do a prophy but could do a deep cleaning and scaling know as a "SRP" and then proceeded to present me with a $700 out of pocket treatment plan. Needless to day, I declined. I asked for a copy of the proposed treatment plan. The following week, I called to have my xrays and pano sent to my new dentist and they had me on hold for over 10 minutes. I humg up and called back and demanded my xrays and pano be sent to the new dentist and I am in the process of filing a complaint with every dental association and my insurance.

They are completely fraudulent and try to coerce a patient into accepting treatement that is completely not dentally necessary. I cannot believe with all the complaints that I have seen posted from several website for this provider, that they still remain in business. I am determined to bring this provider down.

Comments

10th of Jan, 2014

This is the worst dental provider EVER!!! This provider billed my insurance for work they did not perform and charged me a copay on my Care Credit! I have filed a grievence against them with Delta Dental. This place also opened a Care Credit account without my knowldege. I have tried to get them to refund my money for work they did not do and to reverse the claim to my insurance but they will not return my phone calls. They will tell you you need dental work that is not necessary ESPECIALLY if you have good insurance.

• Ge
      13th of Jan, 2014

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 011314_cb_ChristyGaney**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,