Slr Motorsports / Wont give refund

1 P.O. BOX 867Tarpon Springs, FL, United States Review updated:

I have tried at least 35 times to get a refund athorization to retunr an item and they will not respond. I have filed a compliant with the better business bureau and they ignored that. Next i will go to a federal leval agency to try and shut these frauds down.

Comments

15th of Feb, 2010

You're not alone...

SLR Motorsports are a bunch of thieves. I purchased a chip last month and decided not to install. I emailed the company to request instructions for returning the product and obtaining a refund. They responded to my email message and provided me with a return address and RMA #. I followed their instructions, provided my contact, sales and order information and, shipped the unopened package to their address, as instructed on 1/21/2010. My record from the USPS confirms the delivery to their P.O. Box on 1/25/2010.

Unfortunately, I have not received my refund, nor will they respond to my email messages requesting a status update. After 12 failed attempts, I interpreted their lack of response as an indication of their intention to breach the sales contract and return authorization. As a result, I will be seeking legal action against SLR Motorsports through the office of Bill McCollum, Florida Attorney General. You may also want to consider this as an option for yourself.

• Wa
      26th of Feb, 2010

i also got bit by these aholes. i have sent close to a hundred emails and they wont respond. someone needs to do something with these ripoffs. isent my chip back just like they wanted and never got my money back.

2nd of Mar, 2010

You guys are not alone. I also have been taken by this ### bucket, who is apparently operating out of his residence according to what I see on mapquest and google maps.
    What kind of return address did you guys get? He sent me an RA# for a PO Box 1778, Palm Harbor, FL 34682-1778., which is different from the PO Box that it was sent to me from, which I thought was very strange in itself. Then he refused to pick it up from the post office after they had notified him of its delivery, so the Post Office eventually sent it back to me.

This jerk has taught me not to purchase anything from anyone without a physical address and a working phone number.

I personally plan to file a small claims lawsuit against him now that I have researched and found a physical address and name for this jerk. Maybe thats what we all need to do as a group, one big lawsuit.

• Ju
      10th of Mar, 2010

Hey guys!' I am glad that i am not alone. Especially those of you who purchased this so called performance chip. I totaly agree that this is a scam and that these guys are getting away with this. I recently purchased a chip from them about a week ago and the shipping was too quick to be true. I easy followed the instructions to recieving a refund but there was one problem. I would not get a response. They easily convince us that there is a 100% moneyback guarantee, but that is just to lure us to buy their product.

• Jc
      14th of Mar, 2010

Hi guys
    I agree with all of the above. I got the kit(chip?) and looked at what they are doing and decided that no way would I install it. The instructions would have you disconnect the intake air temperature sensor and install the chip which then would pull a Hudni and tell the ECU what the temperature is. I am glad I looked for this info on returning the chip and have decided that my life is full enough without this additional hassle and I will just deep six the sucker and chalk it up to senility. I am past 70 so this could be a valid claim.

• Le
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING WITH THESE THIEVES BUT HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE, IF ANYONE HAS A BETTER IDEA PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MY E-MAIL IS lewsayre@optonline.net

• Th
      26th of Mar, 2010

Looks like I'm in the same boat as everyone else. If someone comes up with an idea that works to nail this sucker, let me know. I would join in a class action lawsuit. thering@bresnan.net.

• Tp
      26th of Mar, 2010

I am having the same problem. Once I got the chip I had a few questions and they answered within a few minutes, but as soon as I asked how to return the product they stopped responding.

27th of Mar, 2010

I agree with "thering", one big lawsuit needs to be filed against this dude. I have all the info on this guy if anyone knows a good class action lawyer that can handle multi state cases. bige921@truvista.net

• Ca
      28th of Mar, 2010

I am glad that Im not the only pne who got took by them holes.I cant even get them to email me back with the ra number to return it.It would be nice if there was a way to get everyone who got screwed together and sue the ahole.Then after we all got our money back hang them buy there ankle and take turns whipping them.

• Fi
      29th of Mar, 2010

I guess I'll jump in line of the list of people that ended up being taken by this low life of a sub human.. The only place good enough for then is six feet under!!!
    Fit rider

• F1
      31st of Mar, 2010

you all need to get in contact with your credit card provider and ask for a charge back on the SLR debit..I did and had my moneyback in my acount the next day...

4th of Apr, 2010

F-16, You are right, thats what I told them several months ago. Unfortunately it was to late for myself as my credit card company has a 60 day limit on filing a dispute to recoup the charges. It was more than 60 days before I knew that they were going to screw me out of the money. I'm sure that they know that some of these cards are that way and is probably why they give the 60 day money back crap. They can keep the BS up for that long, then it is too late. I plan to sue in small claims since they have to pay the court cost as well. It is not so much the money as it is the priciple of the thing. Good luck to all in this rip off situation.

• Mi
      6th of Apr, 2010

I noticed someone mentioned they had an address and name for this individual. Anyone care to share that information? I don't need a PO Box, I need a name and address! I contacted the local authorities about this company and it appears they can't do anything so they say. I've since been in contact with the Federal Trade Commission http://www.ftc.gov/) and the FBI at their IC3 division. (www.ic3.gov/)
    I suggest everyone go to those entities and make a complaint about this company and the terrible practices they entertain. As it appears my contact to them has no made the company stop cheating people.

• Ba
      6th of Apr, 2010

i too have been taken by the crooks out of florida, They sent me what was suppose to be a chip which was only black box wich was no more than a resister that is useless. I contacted 2checkout.com 1-877-294-0273 they are the ones who handle the checkout process for SLR MOTORSPORTS and i have done everything they ask and they have told me that i would have my refund in a few days. So i will see if they are as i say up to snuff or not and refund my money. They told me that i was not the only one who had complained and wanted a refund. So my advise would be to contact these guys, they are in Columbus, Ohio and they are very nice people. You have to have your order # and they will tell you what you have to do to get your money. I paid with paypal so i will see if i get my money and i will let yall know if they are strait up or not, If any of you need a good chip get a hypertech cause they work, i got one and after installing my 1991 GMC 1500 come to life. I hope this has helped yall :-)..

• Ba
      7th of Apr, 2010

I got my refund :-)...
    I done what 2checkout.com told me to do and the whole process took me about 4 to 5 days but i got all my money back.
    I wish all of you luck and hope you too can get your money back from the [censored]ers from florida called SLR Motorsports...

• Fr
      12th of May, 2010

As soon as i saw the package and the chip was to be inserted in series with a single wire, i knew it was a scam. it is impossible for this to comunicate with the ecu and download / upload data. I returned the package un-opened and followed the rma procedure.
    like everyone else no response. They thought this out very well as you have no recourse or protection. give them credit for a well concieved scam

20th of May, 2010

F ING A HOLE I WILL NEVER AGAIN ORDER ANY THIHG TO A PO BOX ADDRESS AGAIN OPEN THE SOCALL CHIP WORTHLESS NOTHING BUT A TRANSISTOR DONT BUT THIS CRAP I HOPE THE SCAMMER ROTS IN HELL AND THEY WILL FROM CHI TOWN

• Jh
      7th of Jun, 2010

I never recieved my chip and after a month I have sent requests to paypal and 2co for a refund. Will have to see what happens, but if nothing does my bank will deal with this and I will get my money back from them. WE do need to find this individual and serve him some good ol american justice.

• Gr
      29th of Jun, 2010

if ur past 30 days ur screwed but all u have to do is go through 2checkout.com because thats what slr does the money through youll get ur money back and u actually are going to send it to 2checkout