SIGG Water Bottle / Very poor customer service

1 5670 Guhn RdHouston, TX, United States Review updated:

Customer service failed to appropriately reply to faulty product and assured that replacement part was being mailed but I have yet to receive it.

Va

More SIGG Water Bottle Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Su
      27th of May, 2008

I have put in 3 calls to MySigg and 2 e-mail messages and I have yet to receive a response. The first time I called their voice mailbox was full. I finally got through later in the day (which tells me someone cleared the messages), but still no return phone call. My invoice has a place for a fax number, but no number is listed.

They receive a thumbs-down in my book, and as much as I like my Sigg water bottle, I will not recommend anyone place an order from their website.

• Ap
      30th of May, 2008

I have attempted to contact Sigg multiple times over the past month, by leaving two voice mails (as they have never answered the phone when I called, even during the stated business hours) and never heard back from them that way.

My question is a very simple one: as someone who is allergic to latex, I just want to know if there is latex or rubber in the lining, so I know whether or not I will be allergic to the bottle. I cannot find any literature, on their site or otherwise, which addresses this question.

I emailed them, and received a response about 2 weeks later - that told me to look at the FAQ and didn't answer my question, which is not addressed in the FAQ. It was obviously a form email, and the person who responded obviously didn't even read a bit of my email. I got the impression that the person responding might just be from a contracted business that didn't actually know much, as the email came from fulfillplus.com, with the person's name but nothing having to do with sigg in the from name or address. I replied immediately restating my question, and saying that it was not answered, and I would still like to know the answer. I have been waiting on a reply for over a week.

I can find no other way to contact Sigg other than sending an email to their marketing or press deparments, which the site requests I not do. I am a very patient and understanding customer. Sigg does not even appear to be trying to provide any sort of customer service, but rather their whole customer response department seems designed to ignore and repulse customers, if anything.

• Kr
      13th of Jun, 2008

I bought a SIGG 10 oz bottle for my daughter and after a few months the top broke. Like other complaints, I emailed customer service twice and never received a response back. I called customer service numerous times and either no one would answer or the mail box would be full. When I finally did reach someone, she assured me that someone would email me back about my faulty bottle-well that was a week ago and no response as of yet. They are either horrible when it comes to customer service or be very short staffed.
    I will not purchase from them ever again not just because of the poor customer service but because their bottles are poor quality.

• La
      20th of Jun, 2008

I bought 3 SIGG bottles last week for my one year old son. Two days ago he snapped the cap (he just turned one and is a little guy) and cut his face from the bottom of his nose to his chin. I am outraged that (1) the cap can be broken so easily, creating a very sharp knife-like edge and (2) SIGG has not returned my phone calls. You would think that a major company like SIGG would have the common courtesy to respond to a customer whose baby was INJURED by their product...a product that is specifically designed for children! I'd like to post pictures of my son's injury, but I don't know where to do this. I'm furious.

• Cr
      18th of Jul, 2008

You're right. I've started a journal about my Sigg. My Sigg Sucks. mysiggsucks.wordpress.com

• As
      4th of Aug, 2008

I just posted my complaint about the horrible treatment I received from SIGG. It's located here:

To anyone considering purchasing (or attempting to purchase) from this sham of a company, I recommend Klean Kanteen (www.kleankanteen.com). My Klean Kanteen is 100% aluminum and of better quality than my friends' SIGGs!

• Do
      27th of Aug, 2008

I've been using a SIGG bottle for 6 months and the liner started to flake off in the thread area (where the cap screws in). I guess due to wear and tear. Now, the aluminum is exposed. Klean Kanteen uses 188 stainless steel which is not the greatest. If they used 1810, I would buy one right away. I have switched to Laken. According to their site (www.lake.es), they don't have the thread issue that SIGG has. I am very happy with my Laken Futura 0.75L.

30th of Oct, 2009

Extremely Poor customer service and poor product quality along with a company that tried to fool the public and our kids in thinking it was something that it wasn't = FAIL.

This company will be going out of business, it's like a "Maytag" especially before it was bought out by Whirlpool.
    They had a chance to recover from their liner blunder by offering great service, but they failed miserably.

You can't speak to anyone live, they are slow in responding if at all. They provide a a BS credit for a new bottle, that seemingly will take a long time to get a new one while our kids need it everyday, good one!

If you wish to add anything more than the $20 credit, you are instructed to NOT use the special $20 code and buy what you want and then forward them the order so they can credit your account. What?? Why can't they
    just offer a $20 credit towards any purchase, it's already free shipping anyway, if people want just the bottle, there's no charge...jeez ;( This company does NOT have it's act together!

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM SIGG AGAIN ---THEY SUCK!

• Bl
      3rd of Nov, 2009

I took part in SIGG's voluntary BPA-free bottle exchange. When I mailed my old 0.75L Sports Bottle to SIGG, there were four different 0.75L Sports Bottles available on their website. I received a $25 credit that expired within 30 days. When I logged back onto the website, the 0.75L Sports Bottles were sold out. I sent several unanswered emails to SIGG about the future availability of 0.75L Sports Bottles and whether I could extend my credit until they were in stock. Because I never received a response, I called and repeatedly got "the mailbox at this extension is full" messages. I tried to puchase an E-gift card (that supposedly never expires) with my $25.00 credit and I got a confirmation email for an unreleated order belonging to someone who works at Unilever in New Jersey. I suspect this company is about to fold.

• Ge
      11th of Nov, 2009

I took part in the voluntary exchange too. I received an e-mail from SIGG today, saying that I need to use the 6 digits code to order replacements. What six digits code?! I didn't receive any codes, and they are saying that this placement will expire by the end of this month. I tried to call the customer service all day but their voice mail is full.

Unbelievable!!! I will never buy their products again.

• Aj
      11th of Nov, 2009

this is ridiculous! I called SIGG today to see when I would be getting any information about the 3 SIGG bottles I sent in at the beginning of Sept. The woman I spoke with was very nice and said she was going to take care of me today before we got off the phone. HA! dream on! she said she would send me the code 15 min after we got off the phone and 2 hours later no code. I called back 5 hours later and she was very short with me and said she was still working on sending out emails. The future is not looking good for them. I refuse to ever buy the water bottles again. I can't believe that company's can get away with this!

13th of Nov, 2009

I sent in my bottles to be exchanged at the very beginning of September. After waiting two weeks to hear back I emailed asking when I would get my refund code so I could get new bottles. I placed my order for replacements on September 29th. They never got here. Then on Octboer 23rd I got another email regarding the bottles I sent back with another refund code. I then emailed and said I already received this and ordered my bottles, where are they? I didn't hear back until November 5th that they did in fact have my order and it would be shipped. Yesterday, on November 12th I got an email that my bottles had finally been shipped. "Thank you for your order placed on September 29, 2009 with MySigg." Amazing. Sigg sucks.

21st of Nov, 2009

Disappointing service from Sigg's mysigg.com website: I returned seven bottles for the exchange because they all had the BPA-containing epoxy liners. It took them five weeks from my documented date of delivery to them to even acknowledge receipt. In "exchange", I was given credit toward purchases from their "mysigg.com" online order site. Four of my sent bottles were 0.75 L sport bottles that were purchased for my bikes because they fit the bottle cages; there were none available on the website that were suitable as replacements. In their letter that accompanied my receipt and the coupon code I was supposed to use on ordering replacements, they said I might want to wait until later in October for new arrivals of Sigg Steelworks stainless bottles. Those bottles have yet to appear on the order site. So I placed an order for some thermal bottles and wide-mouth bottles that supposedly are "in stock"; two weeks later and still this order is "in processing" with no evidence that they have been shipped.

I have been a customer of this company for almost forty years. I bought my first camping fuel bottles from them. They were then and have always placed themselves as a premium product and were and are priced as such: $20-$40 for a metal bottle.

Dismal service. Really sub-par for a supposedly premium product and in their biggest market. And the BPA fiasco hardly helped their image. I think it is fairly telling that Patagonia gave them the shove and kicked their product out of their stores and ended all their co-branding relationships.

• De
      14th of Dec, 2009

I sent in some bottles as part of SIGG's replacement program. It took 6 weeks to receive an electronic credit for another purchase via e-mail. I had only 30 days to use the credit - during which time their stock was very poor - they did not have what I needed. I placed an order anyhow as to not waste my money (I had to pay the shipping costs in addition to the high cost of the original bottles); however, I later received an e-mail that my order was cancelled because my credit was not valid (this was an error). No one ever returned my e-mails or calls regarding this matter. Horrible customer service!

22nd of Dec, 2009

I pretty much feel robbed! I sent in 4 bottles for exchange and like everyone else no one will call me back, no one will answer my emails and they have had my bottles for 4 months! I never got an email code or anything! I filed a complait with the BBB but haven't heard anything on that and they already have an F rating with them.

• Mi
      25th of Dec, 2009

Another one duped here. Sent in 3 bottles beginning of September. Have not received email code for replacement and have emailed them numerous times, with no response to any of them. Will NEVER purchase anything with their name on it again. I am out $100 for the cost of the bottles and the cost to ship them back. And I have no water bottles to use on a daily basis. GRRRRR. HATE SIGG.

• Da
      4th of Jan, 2010

I am so mad about the SIGG bottle. I have been used this bottle for 2 months and it's already smelling like chemical. I used all non toxic way to clean it (vinegar & baking soda etc) but nothing works. I contacted with SIGG customer service by e-mail but no reply so far. .