Sellers Playbook / amazon training

1 Minneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:

Company hard sells you a $1000 3 day training that really turns out to be 3 days of being sold a much more expensive training. What you get for $1000 is not worth the drive. No sales numbers. This company has been around for less than two months and they are selling this scam as fast as they can before anyone realizes they are selling nothing.

They offer "hot products" at supposedly lower prices so you can sell on Amazon for a po

• Updated by Fiona Fjord, Oct 04, 2017

Finally! This company has been reported to the FTC by the Better Business Bureau. With any luck, this crew of thieves will be shut down. Or better yet, they should do time.

• Updated by Fiona Fjord, Feb 10, 2018

The 2 hour seminar is a hard sell for a $1000 Three Day “Training” which would be ok if real training took place. Instead be prepared to spend the first day being intentionally confused and overwhelmed and the next 2 days being hard sold on the REAL deal - a $10, 000 to $40, 000 package where they promise you riches beyond your dreams. Don’t have $30, 000? That’s ok too - these people are very adept and finding it for you, reminding you of potential home equity or retirement accounts they can tap into. Once they have your money, don’t expect much help.

Fi
Jun 10, 2017

Comments

• Ra
      5th of Jul, 2017

I had the same experience in Denver in April. I attended the evening seminar, and signed up for the weekend (~$1000). I almost invoked the money-back guarantee at the end of the first day (Friday), but decided to stick it out in case I learned something on Saturday. I did not. Did not return on Sunday. Not only did they not talk about anything substantial, but they also completely ignored the gigantic risk that you take by selling FBA without understanding sales tax nexus issues this creates. Seller's Playbook completely ignores sales tax issues, and this is by far the most complex, complicated and risky piece of selling on Amazon.
    Anyone reading this comment, I recommend you do this instead of attending this class.
    1) sign up for a free seller account on Amazon (no need for the pro level at this point)
    2) watch all the videos they offer
    3) sign up for taxjar or taxify.co if you intend to have Amazon do the fulfillment (FBA)
    4) watch the videos on that site
    5) connect your Amazon seller account to taxjar or taxify (fairly deep in the plumbing of AMZN, but your tax site will help
    6) go on a nice vacation plus buy your inventory with the $32000 you were going to spend on Seller's Playbook

Any time that someone asks you to pay up front for a benefit you expect to receive over time, you should be wary. It is because of companies like this one.

5th of May, 2018

@Rad T File disputes with your credit cards and hope to get your money back. What you all are sharing is pretty identical to a group out of MASS now under indictment by the FTC. Contact your state Attorney General and file complaint and also with AG in S.Playbook state. Also file with the BBB in your state and theirs. Even call the FTC.

• Se
      8th of Jul, 2017

Sellers Playbook is not a non-profit business. We offer training on Amazon and their ever changing rules, gates, restrictions and FBA guidelines. We assist with setting up Amazon stores correctly, because it has become a frequent occurrence that novice ecommerce entrepreneurs have had their stores shut down and even banned from Amazon platform for simple mistakes they could have avoided. Unfortunately, it is people who think that the process is "so easy" and who go through the process of opening a store only to find that there is much more to it then following a YouTube video, and they never end up selling an item.

Yes, we offer additional services like coaching, FBA prep and access to suppliers. Our services are not free, but they are, as with any purchase, a choice based on the needs of the individual. Although these comments are "disgruntled", we would not expect to go into their business, demand services for free and because there was a fee for addition services automatically stomp our foot and yell "scam". If your local restaurant offered a free appetizer with an entree purchase it seems most people would not complain about having to purchase the entree.

We have been selling on Amazon since 2008, we employ 50+ people who, among other things, source product, coach and manage FBA prep in our warehouse. Our product sourcing department has decades of experience and we source brand name products for our Executive Members. These relationships with suppliers take years to build. Novice ecommerce entrepreneurs turn to website like Alibaba or DHgate for product and quickly realize, after spending money on the product, that the product is mass marketed already on Amazon and prices have already been set. This results in A. Making little to no margins B. Ranking poorly because the product is already overdone C. Liquidation of the product D. Overall Losing Money... and worse case, confiscation of your goods at customs because they are fake, and no you don't get your money back.

Again, yes, we have additional services and yes there are fees for those services but our Executive Members choose to work with us because we track product, source product from brand name suppliers (where individually would have a very hard time with minimum order quantities), warehousing, FBA prep service, coaching and software. With YouTube videos and books you can get as far as opening your store, but then what? If you expect everything in life to be free, your results will likely mirror those expectations. We wish the above folks the best but take exception to their statements.

SP Management

5th of May, 2018

@Sellers Playbook From all the comments, stories, it sure looks like you are headed the way of FBA Stores. Might reconsider your brags.

• Ra
      23rd of Aug, 2018

@Sellers Playbook Dear SP Management
    First of all you are the once pushing the saturated products.The very first thing you do is add your new members accounts on you liquidation partners email list (they offer saturated products that are no longer profitable) The second one is DOBA also the same story super saturated and totally not profitable.These are your services.That is how you start your training program.
    I have been a member since november 2017 and so far Sellers Playbook have not source a single product for me.
    Not only that I send multiple product tickets (they help you find a product you want to source) and 80% they gave me false information. I know that by finding and contacting the suppliers myself.
    Shout out to Stacy the only person on the team I respect.And from what I have seen It does`t seem that she even knows what kind of damage this false promises program does to people.

• Aa
      9th of Aug, 2017

They bait you with pretty words and numbers only at the end they ask for you to pay a $1000 3 Day package to learn how to do all those things. BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE! If you do the 3 days, you gata pay EXTRA for more. I suggest you save your money and invest it in something else. This is a get rich quick scam.

• Bo
      10th of Aug, 2017

I just walked out of one of these so called "workshops." A total waste of my time plus the $5 I paid to get out of the parking lot. I had my doubts to begin with because 1. It was just too easy to secure a seat for such a hot topic and 2. They blew my phone/email up with reminders up until the day of the event. Why did they want me there so badly? My first impression when seeing the advertisement was that Amazon was offering this course--Amazon was touted in big bold letters while Sellers Playbook sort of hide in the shadows. The young female presenter today was introduced as a "single mother whose daughter just graduated college (big deal), " she supposedly has 6 streams of income and she interrupted her Hawaii vacation to come to Atlanta to teach us poor souls how to become rich. I sat there 45 minutes listening to her gab about Oprah, Warren Buffet, the CEO of Amazon and other mega rich folk and how her daughter is now her own boss--she was doing plenty of worthless talking and I left because I couldn't take it anymore. Oh, yeah, she did mention the three-day classes but I didn't stay long enough to find out the cost. I had AMWAY dejavu! Total BS!!!

13th of Aug, 2017

Sellers Playbook is a TOTAL RIPOFF. Check out the owner. That woman has been peddling get rich quick scams since she failed at her multiplier business attempts to capitalize on her 15 minutes of fame. Scam scam scam. Then she folds up her tent and moves on to the next ripoff. Hold your wallets.

• Ge
      20th of Aug, 2017
    Best Best Advice +9 Votes

The owner of the company's claim to fame is that she was the first person to be fired on the TV show the apprentice. She was a "hired" speaker for scam artist armando montelongo selling real estate courses. Then, she moved into the Amazon space by working with frauds Adam & Chris Bowser at FBA Stores. She screwed them over by starting her own Amazon training business - if you can call it that. Here's the key - ask all instructors to show you real amazon accounts LIVE to verify that they actually sell on Amazon. Be careful of working with John Hyland, Russell P Anderson and others who claim to be experts but never created amazon seller accounts until AFTER they starting promoting Amazon classes. Remember, if it's too good to be true... it must be too good to be true. I attended the initial "free" event where I learned that I could only make money if I paid $1, 000 to attend a 3 day weekend - where I was then being sold a $25, 000+ program. Shame on me for paying once - Shame on you for trying to make me pay twice. No content. No value. And no, I didn't want anything for free - I'm happy to pay for real services that will help me start and grow a business. Selling things doesn't make someone a scam - but selling false hopes, false dreams and false opportunities does. In my honest opinion I would stay far away from The Sellers Playbook.

5th of May, 2018

@Gene Dinger OH MY GOODNESS. No wonder this sounds nearly identical to Adam and Chris' plan.

• Bp
      30th of Aug, 2017

Just went to the initial workshop, and learned nothing other than it would cost me $997.00 for a 3 day class to supposedly learn how to pick a product, find suppliers, and set up to sell on Amazon. After reading multiple site reviews of Seller's Playbook, I am convinced that the 3 day class would have been a colossal waste of time and money. Don't do it!

• Su
      8th of Sep, 2017

@bpearson06 thanks for heads up...was on my way out to one of their trainings I think I have better ways to sell my inventory

• Cj
      24th of Sep, 2017

To all of individuals that have posted their concerns regarding this company. It is not enough that you speak out on a google website about your concerns. You need to voice your concerns to an accredited entity such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB). If this company is as crooked as many of you say, Sellers Playbook profile should be filled with complaints from unsatisfied investors. Since most of you have spent your hard earned dollars investing in this company, it is only moral that you should inform the rest of the world of this companies discrepancies. To Sellers Playbook Management, if you are an legitimate company, trying to enhance other individuals, you should be a registered member to eliminate the skepticism of your organization. People are becoming more vigilante on where their dollars are going!!!

• Fi
      29th of Sep, 2017

@cjohns34 Filed a complaint with BBB and FTC. Please please everyone else do the same who has been ripped off. This scam is stealing from people who can't afford to lose their money while these scammers get rich.

• Re
      22nd of Nov, 2017

I purchased Seller's Playbook for $9, 000 because my credit line maxed out at $12, 000 with all my credit card applications. I worked with their 3 suppliers. These suppliers ALL had too high MOQ's and low margins. I searched 123 of their supplier websites (all of which had no POC) and found 26 possible products. After going through all the number using SP's tracking tool and everything their live coaches taught me, I narrowed my search to 2 items I could feasibly sell. I bought one of them (bluetooth speakers) and sent them to Amazon.Another seller then disputed against me saying I have no rights to the speakers, they won and I was forced to remove my listing. I tried a second product from a supplier I found personally. SP coaches confirmed supplier and product and its margins, this being a fidget spinner I placed them on Amazon to shortly be notified Amazon is banning these products. I proceeded with more approved product from SP and now I have spent all my money (12, 000$ in credit + personal bank acct) with no profit, and SP will do NOTHING to help me, not even a product launch or partial refund. This company has NO cust service or money-back guarantee. I recognized the speaker at the 3-day seminar as a hired salesman from salt lake city, his facebook talks about his work being hired to just sell for random companies yet he claimed he was a diamond member who started "from where we are".

4th of Dec, 2017

So glad I found this page. I am signed up to go to a "free workshop" on Friday. I had an eerie feeling about it and decided I would research them before I go. So glad I landed here! I will not be going. I am struggling as it is, and can't afford to lay out $1000 for nothing.

• Da
      5th of Dec, 2017

My name is Danny Allen. I'm a paid speaker and I want to come clean. I have never sold on Amazon before. In fact, I can barely turn on a computer. With that said, I'm a great sales person. I just spoke (and sold an Amazon program) at the Real Estate Wealth Expo. I sold a lot of people into a weekend workshop that's going to be taught by people who don't actually sell on Amazon. Heck, I don't sell on Amazon. For more than 20 years I have been in the seminar business - and I love this business. I love speaking. I love when people clap and laugh at my jokes. I love the feeling when people rush to the back of the room and sign up for a program - little do they know that my presentation is riddled with lies. The Sellers Playbook is no different. A group of people who sell a $1000 weekend course with the sole objective of selling you a $35, 000 course at their weekend event. My name is Danny Allen and it's true - I lie from the stage - but at least I feel better writing about it. Go ahead and look me up - you'll see that I have sold real estate, stock and now internet packages. I don't do the business - but I'm really good at selling it. Does that make me the Guru of Fraud? Not sure - but I'm grateful that there are seminar promoters that allow me to do this stuff... Thanks for reading - I feel better now.

22nd of Feb, 2018

@Danny Allen Well thanks for being honest anyway!

4th of Aug, 2018

@Danny Allen The first thing that came to mind was the movie "Matchstick Men". Hmm.

22nd of Feb, 2018

The hardest thing to admit is that I am a victim of Sellers Playbook. That being said, it’s comforting to realize that I’m not the only one.
    I see that some of you actually paid a thousand dollars to attend the seminar. I attended one in Raleigh NC and they had dropped the price to $497. This was on January 21, 2018.
    I fell for it hook, line and sinker! I won’t go into the specifics of my situation. I have received a full refund only because I put some enlightening information about the founders into the faces of people who didn’t know certain details and they don’t want these details made public, even though it’s public information for a price, I have not seen anyone across many boards about this particular company reveal this information about Matt Tieva, one of the founders, that would turn people away in droves.
    I have also discovered this company has been reported to the BBB which In turn filed a report with the FTC and in NY they have been reported by the ERSP. Don’t take my word for it, I have only paid $30 for a background check on a site that allows you to do unlimited background checks for a month. They are a legitimate company endorsed by the BBB. Some very interesting information.
    I encourage you to do your research.

25th of Mar, 2018

Sellers playbook is perfectly named. they will play you! I took the risk because I believed in it. I was so determined to make it work and I worked my butt off, but joining sellers playbook was the biggest mistake I ever made. do not waste your money! don't fall for their lies!!
    Don't buy the lie that they'll source products for you. I sent in over 25 product sourcing requests and didn't get information back on any! there was always an excuse to why it was taking so long. then, one of their own coaches even says not to use sellers playbook for product sourcing. I was furious! the product sourcing was the biggest reason I chose to invest in their membership and their own people are saying not to use it???!!! #fraud #lies
    Don't buy the lies that they have amazing suppliers lists. I researched hundreds upon hundreds of products from their suppliers lists and most of them are not being sold on amazon, so you can't piggy-back off any of those listings (obviously), the rest are selling less than 5 units/month, so they're not worth investing in. the suppliers lists that they lie about to deceive you into paying them for their worthless membership are completely useless. #fraud #lies
    Don't buy the lies that their online member access is the holy grail. there's absolutely nothing there except for a portal to allow you to request product sourcing that you'll never hear back about, and their software that tracks product sales history which you won't need because their coaches will tell you to download jungle scout instead (among others). these other software's are better and you can download them online outside of sellers playbook, for free!! there's a free version of jungle scout and the pro extension will cost you less than $200. #fraud #lies
    Don't buy the lies that their listing optimization "guru" will help you. he took 2 minutes to look at my listings and didn't properly advise me on what I could do to improve them. then, he sold me unverified reviews, told me not to launch ad campaigns yet until all the reviews were posted, and to make a long story short, he just wasted my time and more of my money, yielding absolutely zero results. #fraud #lies
    Sellers playbook are huge fraudsters!! save your money to invest in products, not their useless membership! they said if you're a beginner, this is perfect for you-it's not. they said they would source products, contact suppliers and negotiate on your behalf - they don't. they said their software is the best and with their online member access you'll have all the tools you need to succeed-you won't. they said their listing optimization "guru" would help boost sales-he won't. they said you'll find tons of products to sell, via their exclusive suppliers lists-you absolutely will not. they said all these reasons are why they're worth $34k. — lies!! they're undeniably not!!! if I knew then what I know now, they should have paid me to attend their worthless, lie infested seminar. they need to be shut down, and i'm reporting them on every bureau, channel, and platform I can. they need to be investigated by the attorney general for ripping off so many hard working people that are putting their hard earned money and time into complete worthlessness.

• Sp
      26th of Mar, 2018

@RosanaSF I have been ripped off by this company and not able to get the refund. Do not fall for their scams, this company will offer you nothing but only useless live training. Their 3 Day workshop is not at all worth $1000 as they spend most of the time in selling and brainwashing your mind to buy their expensive $35k program. Stay away from this company otherwise you are taking the first step to drain your bank account, max out our credit cards and screwing up your credit score. Their program is worth nothing since their list of suppliers has no winning products to sell on Amazon.Their sourcing service of finding the products of any brands is sham and will result in nothing just rejections. If you are starting out, you should never compete with Amazon and most of their supplier products are on the Amazon selling the products or have Amazon selling it. The punchline of their firm "why work hard when you can play "is nonsense as they do not have a system or tools that streamline the process of finding the winning products from the suppliers. You yourself can apply for 0% credit cards, open the LLC and setup seller central on amazon. Invest in amazon product research tools and web extraction tools that can find winning products from your supplier websites in minutes during your spare time.

They have 22% of negative comments on the ripoffreport and BBB has given them the rating of D- and officially does not accredit this company. Do not attend their free seminars, 3-day workshop, and fall for their expensive executive program. Hundreds of people have lost money and are not able to get a refund back because they make you sign an undisputable contract. They have no shame in sucking out money from young people, immigrants, retired people and not delivering on their promises. There are hundreds of Amazon program training courses out there, choose one of them but sincerely and honestly stay away from. Also, you will observe they have disabled the comment section of all their youtube videos since their customers are pissed with them.

I personally like to start a class action lawsuit against this company and send all their salesman, consultants, directors, and founder to the prison for selling nothing but dreams. They are big-time liars and fraudsters who have no experience in selling stuff on Amazon. Amazon has become highly saturated market but still have potential to make money by not following their strategies. This company started out in the year 2017 which you can find out on the internet and they claim they have been doing business since 2008.

I would like all the victims to come together and bombard the FTC, BBB, and various other bureau channels to get their money back and stop Sellers Playbook frauding people. This company needs to be shut down and the money should be refunded back to the members for their fraud actions. Let us join hands together and start the class action lawsuit against this company, there is always more power and strength in a group.

26th of Mar, 2018

@SPS Imran ahmed I'm with you! Unfortunately it's too late for me. I took the leap of faith because I was so motivated and determined to work hard at this and make it my success. The problem is, SELLERS PLAYBOOK doesn't offer the services that they sell!! It's absolutely infuriating that I spent all the money I did on all these lies! I've heard of people getting refunds for being persistent and making a lot of noise, posting everywhere and not stopping. I won't stop until I get every cent back from them. I hope they do get hit with a class action lawsuit soon!

• Sp
      28th of Mar, 2018

Another big lie Sellers PlayBook claim that they own 28000 sq ft warehouse which is such a big lie as that place is used by northland mechanical contractors inc whose owner is Matt Tieva, the husband of Jessie Tieva.
    Check out their website https://www.northland-mn.com/contact and in the about us section, you will find the same content on the home page of Sellers Playbook. This con artist started out in just 2017 and have been running the scam show to suck the money out of innocent people like us by hiring sales thugs to upsell their expensive and worthless programs to succeed on Amazon. I curse these guys from the bottom of my heart that this company gets dissolved soon and all the actors running the show been given life imprisonment for selling lies and dreams. Everyone whose reading my comment please bombard the FTC with your complaints and open up complaint issue on BBB. Though, you will not get enough help, but the more people call FTC and BBB, the higher the chances of FTC intervening on our behalf to sue against the company. Do not be silent and do not let them take advantage of your silence. Keep posting the incidents and paint the fraudy picture of sellers palybook on different communication channels. Also, post comments about Stepphen naggy on his facebook profile who is the con puppet of the bigger scam artist.

• Hm
      19th of Apr, 2018

I originally worked at a Amazon fulfillment center and was tired of being the worker. I always had some entrepreneurial urges which I actually used to do some freelancing. Unfortunately an add for sellers playbook sent me down that horrible rabbit hole that I have been trying to get myself out of for close to a year now. A majority of my income goes to paying off that stupid large investment that gave me nothing more than disappointment and embarrassment after realizing they were nothing of value. And after placing reviews with the BBB and trying to reach arbitration and them rejecting I felt hopeless. Any and all of us fooled by sellers playbook need to join to at least get our money back and show the world who these professional aggressive unethical sellers really are!

• P2
      19th of Apr, 2018

@Hm96 Please fill out this form and join our troop to hit the Sellers Playbook.

5th of May, 2018

@Hm96 Read my post above about how to work on getting money back and filing complaints.

• St
      3rd of Aug, 2018

@Hm96 Were u at the seminar in columbus ohio?

5th of May, 2018

If you are signed up to go to their "free" seminar to learn it all... consider going and point people to read the online reviews before pulling out their credit cards.

• Wj
      31st of May, 2018

Has anyone worked with a MN mediation attorney on this subject? I have contacted a few but have not decided on which one to use. Was wondering if anyone has reached this step yet. After what has happened with the Promises of Sellers Playbook I am reluctant to select an arbitrator for fear that they might be affiliated with SP and the mediation will only go SP way. I am also wondering what is happening with the people that are getting refunds? Is there a clause in the settlement agreement that keeps people from commenting on the refund process that they went through. I do not see information about refunds but people seem to get quiet and not be heard from. Can anyone answer this question?

Thanks

4th of Aug, 2018

@wjchap77@msn.com You can try to start the arbitration through the American Arbitration Association (adr.org). It’s a fair process. I started but as of yesterday, I was notified that the FTC and state of MN have filed an action against Sellers Playbook, so now that this federal case has begun, all other cases against them are halted. So, in conclusion, I’m not sure if you’d even be able to begin arbitration right now, but the good news is that we may all be getting our money back. Just don’t know how long this will take, unfortunately. I don’t know info about refunds. I’ve also never heard details from anyone who successfully got their money back.

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2018

How can I get my money back those people seller play book are thieves

• Si
      6th of Aug, 2018

I received an email from Stephen Nagy on August 3rd. FTC and the AG in MN has shut down EVERYTHING. I tried to go to the website...nothing. In the email he does not mention why. I cant find anything in the news about it. Has anyone found any information since the recent shut down?

Tanja

7th of Aug, 2018

7th of Aug, 2018

@Barbaholic. These thieves are finally being taken down. She calls herself a "serial entrepreneur" but serial con is more like it. One scam after another. The FTC shut them down today - COLD.

YOU ARE FIRED