Sellers Playbook

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 by

amazon training

3.55
Company hard sells you a $1000 3 day training that really turns out to be 3 days of being sold a much more expensive training. What you get for $1000 is not worth the drive. No sales numbers. This company has been around for less than two months and they are selling this scam as fast as they can before anyone realizes they are selling nothing.

They offer "hot products" at supposedly lower prices so you can sell on Amazon for a po
Updated by Fiona Fjord, Oct 04, 2017
Finally! This company has been reported to the FTC by the Better Business Bureau. With any luck, this crew of thieves will be shut down. Or better yet, they should do time.
Complaint comments Comments (13)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping
More Sellers Playbook Complaints & Reviews
Sellers Playbook - amazon training scam [2]
Sellers Playbook - seminars

Comments

A  5th of Jul, 2017 by    +3 Votes
I had the same experience in Denver in April. I attended the evening seminar, and signed up for the weekend (~$1000). I almost invoked the money-back guarantee at the end of the first day (Friday), but decided to stick it out in case I learned something on Saturday. I did not. Did not return on Sunday. Not only did they not talk about anything substantial, but they also completely ignored the gigantic risk that you take by selling FBA without understanding sales tax nexus issues this creates. Seller's Playbook completely ignores sales tax issues, and this is by far the most complex, complicated and risky piece of selling on Amazon.
Anyone reading this comment, I recommend you do this instead of attending this class.
1) sign up for a free seller account on Amazon (no need for the pro level at this point)
2) watch all the videos they offer
3) sign up for taxjar or taxify.co if you intend to have Amazon do the fulfillment (FBA)
4) watch the videos on that site
5) connect your Amazon seller account to taxjar or taxify (fairly deep in the plumbing of AMZN, but your tax site will help
6) go on a nice vacation plus buy your inventory with the $32000 you were going to spend on Seller's Playbook

Any time that someone asks you to pay up front for a benefit you expect to receive over time, you should be wary. It is because of companies like this one.
D  8th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Sellers Playbook is not a non-profit business. We offer training on Amazon and their ever changing rules, gates, restrictions and FBA guidelines. We assist with setting up Amazon stores correctly, because it has become a frequent occurrence that novice ecommerce entrepreneurs have had their stores shut down and even banned from Amazon platform for simple mistakes they could have avoided. Unfortunately, it is people who think that the process is "so easy" and who go through the process of opening a store only to find that there is much more to it then following a YouTube video, and they never end up selling an item.

Yes, we offer additional services like coaching, FBA prep and access to suppliers. Our services are not free, but they are, as with any purchase, a choice based on the needs of the individual. Although these comments are "disgruntled", we would not expect to go into their business, demand services for free and because there was a fee for addition services automatically stomp our foot and yell "scam". If your local restaurant offered a free appetizer with an entree purchase it seems most people would not complain about having to purchase the entree.

We have been selling on Amazon since 2008, we employ 50+ people who, among other things, source product, coach and manage FBA prep in our warehouse. Our product sourcing department has decades of experience and we source brand name products for our Executive Members. These relationships with suppliers take years to build. Novice ecommerce entrepreneurs turn to website like Alibaba or DHgate for product and quickly realize, after spending money on the product, that the product is mass marketed already on Amazon and prices have already been set. This results in A. Making little to no margins B. Ranking poorly because the product is already overdone C. Liquidation of the product D. Overall Losing Money... and worse case, confiscation of your goods at customs because they are fake, and no you don't get your money back.

Again, yes, we have additional services and yes there are fees for those services but our Executive Members choose to work with us because we track product, source product from brand name suppliers (where individually would have a very hard time with minimum order quantities), warehousing, FBA prep service, coaching and software. With YouTube videos and books you can get as far as opening your store, but then what? If you expect everything in life to be free, your results will likely mirror those expectations. We wish the above folks the best but take exception to their statements.

SP Management
D  9th of Aug, 2017 by    +2 Votes
They bait you with pretty words and numbers only at the end they ask for you to pay a $1000 3 Day package to learn how to do all those things. BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE! If you do the 3 days, you gata pay EXTRA for more. I suggest you save your money and invest it in something else. This is a get rich quick scam.
N  10th of Aug, 2017 by    +2 Votes
I just walked out of one of these so called "workshops." A total waste of my time plus the $5 I paid to get out of the parking lot. I had my doubts to begin with because 1. It was just too easy to secure a seat for such a hot topic and 2. They blew my phone/email up with reminders up until the day of the event. Why did they want me there so badly? My first impression when seeing the advertisement was that Amazon was offering this course--Amazon was touted in big bold letters while Sellers Playbook sort of hide in the shadows. The young female presenter today was introduced as a "single mother whose daughter just graduated college (big deal), " she supposedly has 6 streams of income and she interrupted her Hawaii vacation to come to Atlanta to teach us poor souls how to become rich. I sat there 45 minutes listening to her gab about Oprah, Warren Buffet, the CEO of Amazon and other mega rich folk and how her daughter is now her own boss--she was doing plenty of worthless talking and I left because I couldn't take it anymore. Oh, yeah, she did mention the three-day classes but I didn't stay long enough to find out the cost. I had AMWAY dejavu! Total BS!!!
A  13th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Sellers Playbook is a TOTAL RIPOFF. Check out the owner. That woman has been peddling get rich quick scams since she failed at her multiplier business attempts to capitalize on her 15 minutes of fame. Scam scam scam. Then she folds up her tent and moves on to the next ripoff. Hold your wallets.
A  20th of Aug, 2017 by    +1 Votes
The owner of the company's claim to fame is that she was the first person to be fired on the TV show the apprentice. She was a "hired" speaker for scam artist armando montelongo selling real estate courses. Then, she moved into the Amazon space by working with frauds Adam & Chris Bowser at FBA Stores. She screwed them over by starting her own Amazon training business - if you can call it that. Here's the key - ask all instructors to show you real amazon accounts LIVE to verify that they actually sell on Amazon. Be careful of working with John Hyland, Russell P Anderson and others who claim to be experts but never created amazon seller accounts until AFTER they starting promoting Amazon classes. Remember, if it's too good to be true... it must be too good to be true. I attended the initial "free" event where I learned that I could only make money if I paid $1, 000 to attend a 3 day weekend - where I was then being sold a $25, 000+ program. Shame on me for paying once - Shame on you for trying to make me pay twice. No content. No value. And no, I didn't want anything for free - I'm happy to pay for real services that will help me start and grow a business. Selling things doesn't make someone a scam - but selling false hopes, false dreams and false opportunities does. In my honest opinion I would stay far away from The Sellers Playbook.
A  30th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Just went to the initial workshop, and learned nothing other than it would cost me $997.00 for a 3 day class to supposedly learn how to pick a product, find suppliers, and set up to sell on Amazon. After reading multiple site reviews of Seller's Playbook, I am convinced that the 3 day class would have been a colossal waste of time and money. Don't do it!
N  8th of Sep, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@bpearson06 thanks for heads up...was on my way out to one of their trainings I think I have better ways to sell my inventory
N  24th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
To all of individuals that have posted their concerns regarding this company. It is not enough that you speak out on a google website about your concerns. You need to voice your concerns to an accredited entity such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB). If this company is as crooked as many of you say, Sellers Playbook profile should be filled with complaints from unsatisfied investors. Since most of you have spent your hard earned dollars investing in this company, it is only moral that you should inform the rest of the world of this companies discrepancies. To Sellers Playbook Management, if you are an legitimate company, trying to enhance other individuals, you should be a registered member to eliminate the skepticism of your organization. People are becoming more vigilante on where their dollars are going!!!
N  29th of Sep, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@cjohns34 Filed a complaint with BBB and FTC. Please please everyone else do the same who has been ripped off. This scam is stealing from people who can't afford to lose their money while these scammers get rich.
N  22nd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I purchased Seller's Playbook for $9, 000 because my credit line maxed out at $12, 000 with all my credit card applications. I worked with their 3 suppliers. These suppliers ALL had too high MOQ's and low margins. I searched 123 of their supplier websites (all of which had no POC) and found 26 possible products. After going through all the number using SP's tracking tool and everything their live coaches taught me, I narrowed my search to 2 items I could feasibly sell. I bought one of them (bluetooth speakers) and sent them to Amazon.Another seller then disputed against me saying I have no rights to the speakers, they won and I was forced to remove my listing. I tried a second product from a supplier I found personally. SP coaches confirmed supplier and product and its margins, this being a fidget spinner I placed them on Amazon to shortly be notified Amazon is banning these products. I proceeded with more approved product from SP and now I have spent all my money (12, 000$ in credit + personal bank acct) with no profit, and SP will do NOTHING to help me, not even a product launch or partial refund. This company has NO cust service or money-back guarantee. I recognized the speaker at the 3-day seminar as a hired salesman from salt lake city, his facebook talks about his work being hired to just sell for random companies yet he claimed he was a diamond member who started "from where we are".
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
So glad I found this page. I am signed up to go to a "free workshop" on Friday. I had an eerie feeling about it and decided I would research them before I go. So glad I landed here! I will not be going. I am struggling as it is, and can't afford to lay out $1000 for nothing.
D  5th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
My name is Danny Allen. I'm a paid speaker and I want to come clean. I have never sold on Amazon before. In fact, I can barely turn on a computer. With that said, I'm a great sales person. I just spoke (and sold an Amazon program) at the Real Estate Wealth Expo. I sold a lot of people into a weekend workshop that's going to be taught by people who don't actually sell on Amazon. Heck, I don't sell on Amazon. For more than 20 years I have been in the seminar business - and I love this business. I love speaking. I love when people clap and laugh at my jokes. I love the feeling when people rush to the back of the room and sign up for a program - little do they know that my presentation is riddled with lies. The Sellers Playbook is no different. A group of people who sell a $1000 weekend course with the sole objective of selling you a $35, 000 course at their weekend event. My name is Danny Allen and it's true - I lie from the stage - but at least I feel better writing about it. Go ahead and look me up - you'll see that I have sold real estate, stock and now internet packages. I don't do the business - but I'm really good at selling it. Does that make me the Guru of Fraud? Not sure - but I'm grateful that there are seminar promoters that allow me to do this stuff... Thanks for reading - I feel better now.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree