Sellers Playbook

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 by

amazon training

3.45
Company hard sells you a $1000 3 day training that really turns out to be 3 days of being sold a much more expensive training. What you get for $1000 is not worth the drive. No sales numbers. This company has been around for less than two months and they are selling this scam as fast as they can before anyone realizes they are selling nothing.

They offer "hot products" at supposedly lower prices so you can sell on Amazon for a po
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping
More Sellers Playbook Complaints & Reviews
Sellers Playbook - seminars

Comments

A  5th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I had the same experience in Denver in April. I attended the evening seminar, and signed up for the weekend (~$1000). I almost invoked the money-back guarantee at the end of the first day (Friday), but decided to stick it out in case I learned something on Saturday. I did not. Did not return on Sunday. Not only did they not talk about anything substantial, but they also completely ignored the gigantic risk that you take by selling FBA without understanding sales tax nexus issues this creates. Seller's Playbook completely ignores sales tax issues, and this is by far the most complex, complicated and risky piece of selling on Amazon.
Anyone reading this comment, I recommend you do this instead of attending this class.
1) sign up for a free seller account on Amazon (no need for the pro level at this point)
2) watch all the videos they offer
3) sign up for taxjar or taxify.co if you intend to have Amazon do the fulfillment (FBA)
4) watch the videos on that site
5) connect your Amazon seller account to taxjar or taxify (fairly deep in the plumbing of AMZN, but your tax site will help
6) go on a nice vacation plus buy your inventory with the $32000 you were going to spend on Seller's Playbook

Any time that someone asks you to pay up front for a benefit you expect to receive over time, you should be wary. It is because of companies like this one.
D  8th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Sellers Playbook is not a non-profit business. We offer training on Amazon and their ever changing rules, gates, restrictions and FBA guidelines. We assist with setting up Amazon stores correctly, because it has become a frequent occurrence that novice ecommerce entrepreneurs have had their stores shut down and even banned from Amazon platform for simple mistakes they could have avoided. Unfortunately, it is people who think that the process is "so easy" and who go through the process of opening a store only to find that there is much more to it then following a YouTube video, and they never end up selling an item.

Yes, we offer additional services like coaching, FBA prep and access to suppliers. Our services are not free, but they are, as with any purchase, a choice based on the needs of the individual. Although these comments are "disgruntled", we would not expect to go into their business, demand services for free and because there was a fee for addition services automatically stomp our foot and yell "scam". If your local restaurant offered a free appetizer with an entree purchase it seems most people would not complain about having to purchase the entree.

We have been selling on Amazon since 2008, we employ 50+ people who, among other things, source product, coach and manage FBA prep in our warehouse. Our product sourcing department has decades of experience and we source brand name products for our Executive Members. These relationships with suppliers take years to build. Novice ecommerce entrepreneurs turn to website like Alibaba or DHgate for product and quickly realize, after spending money on the product, that the product is mass marketed already on Amazon and prices have already been set. This results in A. Making little to no margins B. Ranking poorly because the product is already overdone C. Liquidation of the product D. Overall Losing Money... and worse case, confiscation of your goods at customs because they are fake, and no you don't get your money back.

Again, yes, we have additional services and yes there are fees for those services but our Executive Members choose to work with us because we track product, source product from brand name suppliers (where individually would have a very hard time with minimum order quantities), warehousing, FBA prep service, coaching and software. With YouTube videos and books you can get as far as opening your store, but then what? If you expect everything in life to be free, your results will likely mirror those expectations. We wish the above folks the best but take exception to their statements.

SP Management
D  9th of Aug, 2017 by    +1 Votes
They bait you with pretty words and numbers only at the end they ask for you to pay a $1000 3 Day package to learn how to do all those things. BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE! If you do the 3 days, you gata pay EXTRA for more. I suggest you save your money and invest it in something else. This is a get rich quick scam.
N  10th of Aug, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I just walked out of one of these so called "workshops." A total waste of my time plus the $5 I paid to get out of the parking lot. I had my doubts to begin with because 1. It was just too easy to secure a seat for such a hot topic and 2. They blew my phone/email up with reminders up until the day of the event. Why did they want me there so badly? My first impression when seeing the advertisement was that Amazon was offering this course--Amazon was touted in big bold letters while Sellers Playbook sort of hide in the shadows. The young female presenter today was introduced as a "single mother whose daughter just graduated college (big deal), " she supposedly has 6 streams of income and she interrupted her Hawaii vacation to come to Atlanta to teach us poor souls how to become rich. I sat there 45 minutes listening to her gab about Oprah, Warren Buffet, the CEO of Amazon and other mega rich folk and how her daughter is now her own boss--she was doing plenty of worthless talking and I left because I couldn't take it anymore. Oh, yeah, she did mention the three-day classes but I didn't stay long enough to find out the cost. I had AMWAY dejavu! Total BS!!!
A  13th of Aug, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Sellers Playbook is a TOTAL RIPOFF. Check out the owner. That woman has been peddling get rich quick scams since she failed at her multiplier business attempts to capitalize on her 15 minutes of fame. Scam scam scam. Then she folds up her tent and moves on to the next ripoff. Hold your wallets.
A  23 hrs 57 mins ago by    +1 Votes
The owner of the company's claim to fame is that she was the first person to be fired on the TV show the apprentice. She was a "hired" speaker for scam artist armando montelongo selling real estate courses. Then, she moved into the Amazon space by working with frauds Adam & Chris Bowser at FBA Stores. She screwed them over by starting her own Amazon training business - if you can call it that. Here's the key - ask all instructors to show you real amazon accounts LIVE to verify that they actually sell on Amazon. Be careful of working with John Hyland, Russell P Anderson and others who claim to be experts but never created amazon seller accounts until AFTER they starting promoting Amazon classes. Remember, if it's too good to be true... it must be too good to be true. I attended the initial "free" event where I learned that I could only make money if I paid $1, 000 to attend a 3 day weekend - where I was then being sold a $25, 000+ program. Shame on me for paying once - Shame on you for trying to make me pay twice. No content. No value. And no, I didn't want anything for free - I'm happy to pay for real services that will help me start and grow a business. Selling things doesn't make someone a scam - but selling false hopes, false dreams and false opportunities does. In my honest opinion I would stay far away from The Sellers Playbook.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree