Security Networks / Stay away at all costs!

Posted:   User
4.35
In 2002, we got Alarm-One security system installed in our home in Hoffman Estates (IL). The contract for the equipment was signed for 3 yrs, after which we were told we could cancel at any time. Now (May 2007) we have moved to New Jersey and want to cancel our service. But during this time the accounts in that area have been sold to another company called "Security Networks". We were advised by Alarm-One to now contact Security Networks to cancel. But the customer service at Security Networks told us different things to do every time we called in when the service was still not disconnected. We were told to send in mail, e-mails, fax and request cancellation. We have done all of the above but still they haven't taken any action. It has been months and since we are set-up for auto-payment Security Networks is still withdrawing $40 regularly from our account. Every time we call they make us hold for hours and then tell us to fax/e-mail again etc. Also, now they have come up with a new tactic, they are telling us that we are still under contract and we will owe the remainder of the term amount. In spite of the fact that we signed the contract in 2002 and it was over in 2005. In addition, we have been treated very badly by the customer-service dept. and have even been asked to "get off my (their) phone". This problem has lead to a wastage of a lot of time and money and not to mention the mental anguish.

If their is anyone planning to get a security system from "Security Networks" I want to warn you that DO NOT ever do that!!!

Hope this will help some innocent customer before he/she takes the bait.

- Mischa
Complaint comments Comments (29)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Security Services

Comments

A  8th of Jul, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
These ###s keep calling my cell phone, which is also my published home business line. I NEVER use this number to sign up for anything, so they are violating the Do Not Call act by not removing me each and every time I request they do so. Each call starts with a recording saying, "Congratulations! You have won a free home security system. Press 1 to be connected to a live operator." I press 1, ask them where they got my number (never get a response other than from the "promotions dept.) and then I ask to be removed. After 5 requests, I now resort to cursing them out.
A  30th of Jan, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Stay AWAY Security Networks
We have the service in PA 19066. Horrible undependable service. NO show for service and very rude.
A  8th of Mar, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Security networks or vision security fraud misrepresentation to out and out lies. Customer service 0 they are aware of the tactics used to defraud consumers. Write your district attorney, file a small claims action what ever you have to do. All of these companies have problems. But vision security are about as low as you can get
N  9th of Mar, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I live in Utah where there are a ton of these summer alarm companies and they send out their new guys to train here every year before they ship them out for the summer. We get BOMBARDED by these guys every spring and its always the same pitch "we want to use your yard to advertise, if you put this sign up then we will give you free equipment". Years ago, we fell for it and signed up with APX ALARM. We signed a 3 year contract at $49.99/month and were fine with the equipment but had some customer service issues. This last January a guy came by from a local company that is a dealer for security networks. He offered to lower our monthly payment AND upgrade our equipment AND pay off any cancellation fees we might have with APX (now Vivint). I thought for sure this had to be too good to be true. I did some research and had him leave the contract with me to look at over night and said I'd call him the next day. Long story short, he gave us a new touchscreen keypad with cellular and the mobile app for free, paid off our $200 cancellation fee, AND DROPPED OUR RATE to $44.95. I could not be happier, I only signed a 3 year contract because you just never know what might happen in 3-5 years. Great Company, the dealer was Home Safe Alarms
A  2nd of Apr, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I love how the person who posted positive feedback forgot to remove their security networks signature!!! LOL Stay AWAY The positive feedback is from Security Networks, check the April 18 2011 comments. Not too bright ;)
N  12th of May, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I have security Networks system for three years then I upgraded my system to a wireless system, about one and a half year after, my home was broken into and the alarm system was ripped off the wall and disconnected so no signal was sent. My flat screen TV was stolen and other valuables, although the system was armed the robbers took 30 seconds to take the system apart and was able to burglarized my house. Security net work has not done nothing about it i told them I want out of the contract and they refuse to let me out . Stay away from this company it does not protect you or your property.
A  5th of Sep, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
A rep came by my house while I was at work and convinced my pregnant wife to purchase this agreement. She was under the impression that the installers were going to come back in a week to make sure we still wanted the system. If we didn't, they would remove it. They never came. About 2 months after they installed the system, I called and tried to cancel. They said I couldn't and explained their rules, which although are stated in the contact, are not fair to the customer. I don't understand how they can hold me accountable for something I didn't sign for. After that, I cancelled my credit card and sent them a letter asking them to please cancel my service. Along with the letter I mailed them their equipment. Now I have a fist size whole in my drywall. After a few weeks I recieved a voicemail from Security Networks explaining that I couldn't cancel. They didn't attempt to re-install the system, but they did continue to bill me for about 4 months. I, of course, did not pay, since I was not using their service. Now almost a year later, I got a notice from a collections agency saying I owe $3, 000 for a service I tried out for two months (I believe I paid $50 for three months before I cancelled my credit card) . They continued by saying if I didn't pay they were going to encourage Security Networks to hire one of their lawyers and they were going to sew me and, if it came to that, I would be responsible for the court and attorney fees.

I refuse to pay for a service I do not need or want.. Does anyone have any advice?
N  14th of Sep, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Post your questions at debtorboards dot com
N  23rd of Mar, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes

Security Network home security - faulty equipment and not monitoring system
Security Network INC. Home Security
Fort Lauderdale

Can You Help Please, our story or exspearyance, Back around 1997 or 1998 we got Robed so we My Mother and I started looking for a Home Security company, we are on a fixed income so it made the job hard because most of the Security company's wanted a lot of money up front before they could help use, we did find a company called Netirge Security that would help, with free equtment and installation for $35.00 dollars a month and we wore happy with their service for 2 or 3 years, then it got wired the company changed hands 3 times and each time the price went up, now we are with the company called Security Network Home Security Inc. And now we pay about $50.00 dollars each month, But the service they provied is very poor and most all my equipment is either out dated or old and bracken and now I learn that they have renewed my contract with out my nil age and I can not change companies unless I pay the complete Contract and their service Sucks

I am Handicapped con any one help roym58@bellsouth.net

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree