Sanyo TV / Problem with the horizontal parts

I have been a user of Sanyo tvs for a long time but now I find that there seems to be a problem with the horizontal parts of Sanyo tvs. I have had trouble with three Sanyo TVs, first a 27", next a 36" and now my 21". On all three the horizontal has gone bad. At this moment I have 4 Sanyo TVs in my home. It appears that maybe you have a problem with the parts you are using in you TVs. I know that as of now I will not buy another Sanyo model TV, I can't afford to go out every 3 to 5 years and buy another because the horizontal hold has gone bad.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      19th of Nov, 2007

I have 3 Sanyo televisions and my most recent purchase was a 32" and I have it less than 2 years. The picture tube has gone out and I have to replace the set. I bought the TV because it appeared to have a great picture and was priced very well. Now I have to replace the set and spend more money. So my effort to save money has been lost. I have learned my lesson and will not purchase another Sanyo. The 37" also has a clicking sound coming out of the back of the set even when the TV is off. The 24" seems to be ok for now. But I am wondering when this will go as well. I will not recommend this TV to any of my friends. This is not right, for a TV should last for years before any problems are realized. I have actually gotten rid of good TV's to upgrade to Sanyo.

• Ro
      4th of Jun, 2008

I bought a 42 inch plasma tv two years ago. I wass watcing it and I heard a snap, , nopicture or sound. The television repair shop cannot find the part to fix it. This is the biggest rip-off. The shop even checked with samsung ...no dice ..

I recommendation is Do not buy ...run from the saleman...get out of the store.

The sanyo web site does not have a "contact us " button. I guess they dont want to hear from their customers...make that x-customers

• Lv
      17th of Jun, 2008

I bought a Sanyo 42inch TV and it conked out before a year and to top it all of I was told to take it to a Sanyo warranty office where it would be fixed has been there almost two weeks and no results. I had to call a week and half after and was told Sanyo has not send the part needed. I will not recommend this brand any of my family or friends any longer. years ago I had bought a Sanyo and it was a real good television I suppose I may have got a lemon...the television just went white and a great sound...I thought sanyo had a better type of warranty...and guarantee..guess not

• Sh
      8th of Jul, 2008

We purchased a Sanyo DS24425 tv three years ago--it recently popped and went black. TV's should last like our old ones--for many years. I will not buy another Sanyo brand.

8th of Jul, 2008

I have a Sanyo DS24425 and was watching it and it statred making the worse sound and then went out. It is not even two years old yet. What a rip off. Looks like they would want to stand behind their products but I guess they don't need to help their customers because they don't care if they keep them or not.

6th of Sep, 2008

i have a sanyo 36 inch tv i got from walmart, i have the same clicking sound, i took the back off the tv and i can see a resister making a spark and arcing across to something else, this is making the clicking noise. The tv is only 3 yrs old, nice quality craftmanship, i am going to attempt to fix the tv myself, but i definelty won't be buying another sanyo.

• Gl
      25th of Sep, 2008

I bought a 26 inch about 4 months ago and it went out. I have sound but a solid white screen, I called sanyo and they have not found anybody to fix it yet. I won't buy another one.

5th of Nov, 2008

I have a Sanyo that is 15 years old and had no problems. Because I trusted the name I bought a high definition 27 inch and just as the warranty went out, so did the TV. The repairman said $169 for the part (horizontal something or other) plus his labor. No more Sanyos for me. What a rip off.c3776

• Gy
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I have a 32 inch sanyo. My tv was not even a year old. may 6-7 months tops. Well I go to turn on my x-box, the screen goes dark, then next thing I know half of the screen is pitch black, the other half is static. can hear everything, but thats it. There is also a funny sound that I am noticing. I dont care who fixes it, just as long as it is fixed and fixed for free. Once fixed, this will become someone elses problem.

24th of Aug, 2009

I bought a Sanyo less than 2 years ago. It was working fine, then started having little bursts of static. Then the screen went black except for a fan shaped strip of color and static running from the top to the bottom of the screen. The sound was terrible and volume control did not work. Sounded like a cutting torch. All this happened in less than 10 minutes. I had a small Sanyo which I took to have the horizontal repaired 3 years ago. Guess what? It's still in the repair shop. No more Sanyos.

• Br
      16th of Oct, 2009

We bought a Sanyo 50" tv that went bad 1 year 5 mos after we bought it from Walmart . Would turn on and no picture and click back off. Repair man wasn't sure what it was for sure but was going to try and replace a part which was going to cost $420 and maybe still not work. I will never buy a Sanyo Tv again! I hope people do reviews on these TV's before spending a $1000 dollars only to be out of that money a year later!!! I called Sanyo company and they said there was nothing they could do since it was past the 1 year warranty. PLEASE BEWARE OF SANYO TV"S!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

• 74
      28th of Nov, 2009

I bought a flat screen 32" Sanyo TV one year ago from Dell Canada. The color is now already going it should be fixed by warranty but... The only certified warranty shop is not in our city, the only one in our province is two and a half hours away. They said we could ship it to them (we would be responsible for shipping which I don't believe we should have to pay after only one year) they would fix it provided the part it needs actually is covered under warranty. A one year old TV and its already garbage this is crazy. Sanyo is a company that just doesn't seem to be big on quality or service. I would never buy another Sanyo let alone recommend one to someone else. Very disappointing!

• St
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Yeah, I totally agree to what all of you have been saying regarding Dell Canada's poor customer service and technical support. I solidly recommend that everyone avoid this company like the plague and take their business elsewhere!

I placed my order over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. They never responded at all to two separate emails that I sent. And when I phoned last week, they couldn't tell me at all when the item was actually going to ship. This company has no idea at all how to properly treat customers, and they have gone steadily downhill over the past year. They also have a tendency to bounce you around from one person to the next while you wait for a long time on the other end of the phone. Well, the good news is that today I finally cancelled my order. Never again Dell, never again. You have lost my business for good.

• Sh
      7th of May, 2010

Hi,

This is varun sharma from new Delhi, i bought LCD television back in 0ct 2008 from your company, apparently on 26th jan 2010 LCD television stop working, its screen became blank . I had launch complaint in your service center, The concern person over there is Mr. javed ali, he told me to purchase new part of LCD which is cost Rs 7000, i requested him to order new part for me and i am ready to pay him amount, all this happening from last 2 months still there is no result now today on 17th April i called him and now they are asking for 25000 rs of that particular part . i bought this LCD of 34000 rs now they are asking 25000 rs of new part . This is completely unacceptable for any customer . If still your company is not providing me part i will finally take legal action against your company .

Thanks
    Varun Sharma

• Co
      21st of Jun, 2010

I also agree. I will not buy a sanyo product again. At xmas, we had purchased a 26in. hd sanyo tv. It is only used in a spare room approx 2x a week for a period of 2 to 3 hrs. The 1st of June the tv went out. I have been dealing with Sanyo ever since and I'm telling you it is the poorest service I have ever received. They sent a replacement, (the main brain) and the replacement didnt work either. I was told a manager from sanyo would get back with me in 24 to 72 hrs. Guess what... I had to call them and again I was told they would have to call me back. I am very upset about this. They do not back their product, which i might add, is a poor product to begin with. Please take this advice to all you people out there. Do not buy Sanyo products. You will be disappointed!

6th of Aug, 2010

Same here. The TV has not gone out yet, but made a loud pop and the picture disappeared. Obviously something is wrong with the picture tube.

You get what you pay for; I got this 32 inch TV from Walmart just over one year ago.

I too, will never buy any Sanyo product again. EVER. I now have to unplug it when I leave the house because I don't know what's wrong with it.

As others have said, you are losing $500 to save $200 if you buy one of these TVs.

• Ni
      14th of Aug, 2010

My boyfriend had gotten a 42 inch Sanyo tv for his birthday on November 17th 2009, it's now August 12th 2009 and the picture went out. He really loved that tv, it's a shame that Sanyo has such [censor] tvs, and I believe it was bought from Walmart. I would personally never buy a sanyo tv again, but then again you get what you pay for.

• Re
      1st of Oct, 2010

I bought a sanyo DP42849 model lcd television 8 months ago and the picture and sound went out on it. I called the company and was told that the nearest place to take it to get fixed was over an hours drive. I am not loading this tv up to drive it when they should have someone to come and get it. I will not buy another tv from them, any advice.
    ree

• Ke
      31st of Oct, 2010

Interesting comments from you guys there.
    I have a lot of Sanyo products, vcr's DVD players and even one TV and they have all and are continuing to perform perfectly.As good as ( if not better) than some other overpriced manufacturers.
    Sanyo has been hit hard recently and have now ceased production of TV's (hoorray did i here you say?)
    I was never impressed with their TV's performance when comparing with other makes.They always lacked sparkle.The TV technology was slated too by reviewers in home cinema /tv mags.Which IS a shame.
    Sanyo also continued to use lower quality parts to keep their prices low.I guess you can only take that so far until the item fails.As you seem to be experiencing.This has done their usually good reputation no good.Their customer service here in the UK is always good.
    It's surprisingto here the issues you have had over there in the US.
    Seeing as TV's are no longer viable for them, it may be why the reliability and customer service is second fiddle now.
    They also also a subsidary of Panasonigc now too, so hopefully their quality will go forward tenfold ?
    Not EVERY Sanyo product is unreliable, especially for years past where most are going strong now.
    So much competition from China and India has made huge losses for the Japanese giants and some are cutting corners to maintain a healthy customer following in their prices too.

...Kevin (UK)

20th of Mar, 2011

I have a 46" sanyo purchased at walmart about 15 mo ago. It has developed black lines which do get smaller after a few hours use. This tv is not used a lot since i am single and work long hours. I have two tvs at work 32" one a sharp and the other SVA. These are on all ay long 6 dfays a week and have a better picture with not problems at all. My expensive sanyo is as usual slightly out of warranty . I would not buy another nor will i buy a major appliance from walmart. If tv manufacturs have seconds I got one