Royal German Shepherds / Dog breeder

1-5 Mono, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Royal German Shepherds. They are located in Mono ON, but also list in Toronto. Purchase on 1/30/17

Purchased a 10 week old German Shepherd puppy from Royal German Shepherds. Less than a day the puppy became very sick. She started throwing up, seizing, and was lethargic. We took her to the vet right away and were told the puppy shows signs of neurological issues. They tested her and found an off the charts high white blood cell count which means an infection. She had two overnight stays at the vet, 4 different Dr's examined her, a neurological consult, and $2800+ in bills. She continues to have seizures and is on a regiment of around the clock meds.

All the vets who examined her told us she was sick when we got her and nothing we could have fed her would have caused her to become this sick so quickly. We contacted Royal German Shepherds who told us we were at fault and we must have poisoned the puppy. They refused to refund us our money $1950 and recommended we euthanize the puppy.

I am filing this report hoping someone considering this breeder will think twice and not have to go through the same financial and emotional heartache we have gone through. Stay away from Royal German Shepherds.

Jo
Feb 13, 2017

Comments

• Me
      15th of Feb, 2017

We have sold our German Shepherd Female Puppy to Jon and Tracy on Monday, January 30th and for two weeks prior we have been exchanging emails, phone calls and met on Skype to make sure our puppy is going to suitable home. Since they did have large police K-9 shepherd we thought they were perfect candidates for our puppy. They said the other shepherd was too dangers to play with their daughter and that they wanted very calm and not aggressive puppy for their family. For couple of weeks we were sending all required documents and health records to CDC in order to obtain the permission to enter USA.
    Our vet comes to our home on weekly bases to check out the pups by taking their stool sample on regular bases, monitoring their growth, de-worming them, checking for any sign of infection by measuring their glans and inspecting their eyes, ears, temperature and checks the heart for any murmurs and gives appropriate vaccinations and the full medical history with everything done goes home with each pup. But in order to cross the border the puppy required International Health Certificate issued within 24 hours to inspect the puppy and make sure the puppy was free of any disease and is well to travel. After getting all medical exams, health records, permission to enter US and obtaining International Health Certificate we have met at the border that morning. They came and took the puppy and crossed the border. Later on she did call us and said that the custom officers were very detailed and asked them to step out of the car and go to the office to check the puppy and all the paper work but since everything was fine and she had all in order they did let them go and that evening she did send us an update about the puppy being playful and with good appetite. The next day Tracy said wrote that she introduced her to raw meat and since then everything has changed:

On Jan 31, 2017, at 12:42, Tara Tracy wrote:

Love Charlie, she did great on car ride yesterday. However we feed her her dry mixed with raw and she has vomitted 4x today. Not sure if I made raw food wrong. Also I realized we didnt get her CKC papers and forgot to sign contract.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Around 4:00 pm on Tuesday, Jon called and said that the puppy became ill after eating raw meat and if it is normal for the meat to have very fowl odor? They did contact the husky breeder that they have purchased the raw meat from and he said that smell is ok because he feeds his adult dogs and they are fine with it. But we did tell him that even tough we recommend raw food, it is only human grade and that puppies are like little children and are a lot more vulnerable then adults and if it is not something that you would eat then do not give it to your puppy and that he should stop feeding the pup, spoiled food immediately. Over the night the puppy got even more sick by having foam coming our of the mouth and getting seizures and ended up at the vet office on Wednesday morning and here is the very confusing email, first we get emails at 12:42 pm that she has just vomited after ingesting the raw meet from Tracy and then after few day we got the email with different story from Jon saying she had foam coming out her mouth at 11:00 am?? The story keeps changing the facts and the times and the reason for having the pup so sick in first place? If that would be true why would he wait until Wednesday morning to see the doctor?

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Jon Tracy wrote:
    To Royal German Shephards,

We received Charlie on Monday January 30th around noon. We got home with Charlie at 9:00 pm that same day. By 11:00 am January 31st Charlie became very ill and was throwing up, foaming at the mouth, and was lethargic. I spoke to you and you told me she was most likely stressed and to fast her until the morning. Soon after we talked her illness grew worse and I realized she was having seizures. Charlie would foam at the mouth, shake, defecate, then run across the room. She would then sit confused for 30 to 60 seconds. These seizures continued about every 4 hours.
    On February 1st we were sitting at the closest vets office to our house when they opened and she was examined...

On Wednesday we were informed by their vet about her seizures and were back and forth on the phone with their vet to try to figure out what has happen and even the vet could not figure it our since Tracy has shown him a video of the puppy playing with their daughter and looking perfectly fine on Monday evening and yet on Wednesday the puppy was at his office with seizures! We are very responsible breeder and have answered every email and every phone call from them and their vet and here is the proof of that:

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Tara Tracy wrote:
    THANK YOU for taking the time to speak to our vet really appreciate it. I will keep you posted. Right now logging and videoing all seizure to attempt figure out and stop. When she has periods of herself she is absolutely AMAZING DOG. Please let me know if you where able to look into other insurance

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Tara Tracy
    wrote:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. Hopefully you guys can connect

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Royal German Shepherds
    wrote:
    I am trying to call him and left the massage with the secretary...

Megan

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Tara Tracy wrote:
    At your convenience I know my vet left you a message if you can give him a call back he just has some history questions. We're just trying to take care of Charlie the best we can. Thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

As you could see in above emails we did NOT sell a sick puppy to them and they took the puppy from us on Monday morning and ended up at the vet of Wednesday morning and for 10 weeks that we had her with weekly check ups done by our vet and then full medical exam done with 24 hours before crossing the border, NOBODY has witnessed any seizures? Not us during the 10 weeks of her life, not our vet or the vet doing the International Health Certificate just before crossing the border, not even the US custom border officers that were inspecting the puppy and the paper work for over an hour, not us during the 4 hour car trip or them when they traveled back for almost 10 hours holding her on their lap, not that evening when the pup has played with them and took videos of it and not next day but ONLY after her ingesting contaminated meat she has become ill and got her seizures that night! For several days we were on the phone with their vet in order to try to figure it out and the only think the vet could think off is the lead poisoning or food poisoning and that is his exact quote from Feb.7th, 2017 on the pup's diagnose:

"Charlie has an infection which has caused brain lesion causing neurological issues."

As you could see in the above quote of their own vet, the puppy was not born with it BUT got infection which caused the brain lesions and further damage and we did not sell them a sick puppy and risked our very good reputation or our breeding license. What breeder on earth would keep a puppy with neurological issues like seizures every 30-60 seconds and none of the vets or customs or ANYBODY else has witnessed a single episode until the food poisoning! It is well known that seizures are caused by physical trauma (like head injury) or chemical trauma to the brain (like poisoning) Once the puppy leaves our home it is beyond our control as what happens to the pup, it most likely was the contaminated raw meat or maybe it was some kind of head trauma by their other adult dog which we are unaware off?
    We are very honest simple breeder and how can we stand up to this police officer form USA who has promised to ruin us and our reputation... we could only provide copy of every email, medical records and the certificates of the puppy's health proofing that the puppy was perfectly healthy and their own vet also has found absolutely nothing in their stool, no parasites or any other pathogens and the blood sample showed nothing else except this one infection which caused the neurological issues and brain lesions resulting seizures. In the above emails you could see very clearly that at first they write on how much they love the puppy and then the puppy being sick from day one.

It is very sad that we have done nothing wrong and stayed in contact all that time and yet are wrongly accused of selling a sick dog which somehow nobody noticed or witnessed anything, not us, them or any vet? It really hurts that this US public service police officer will not present the whole truth but keeps changing all the facts and the times of it and is reporting us for selling a sick dog and yet forgets to mention anything about the contaminated meat...

22nd of Jul, 2018

@MeganZ I purchased two female puppies from Meaghan Bonnie and Lexi. They never had any health issues! You know why?! Because I actually listened to Meagan and her instructions as to what's the best food to feed them and how to take care of them. All you people need to understand not everyone can raise a German shepherd! Why don't you take your own responsibility. My dog is FIRE! She's a wol[censored] She's so strong and fast she listens and obeys everything! She's amazing with people and kids! And she definitely knows how to defend herself when make dogs try and jump her! She's quit to pin them down n get on top! I seriously never had a dog like this and I had many German Shepherds! I'm really sorry to hear so much hate towards you Meaghan ! Maybe you should consider its the competition that has something to do with it. Puppies need to be raised with Care and love and constant attention! Don't blame the breeders that produce world class puppies! I'm telling I'm convinced that my dog is the strongest and fastest German shepherd in this world. And this isn't a fake post I can show you pictures to prove it! Again before getting a German shepherd please understand that it's not easy to raise one. It's like a kid! You need to know what you are feeding them and when you go take them for other shots you should know that there are a lot of sick people out there that could poison your dog!!! You need to be very careful I don't let anyone feed my dog I'm extremely overprotective of my Bonnie. I hadn't seen Lexi in awhile because it's my friends dog but I'm sure she's just as happy and healthy as Bonnie is. Fuk off with this nonesense and calling this lady a crook! She loves her puppies and if you actually spoke to her you could tell she's an amazing and loving person! It makes me sick to hear such things said about this woman. Take your own responsibility some of you probably kept these puppies in the cage or fed them the things that you thought were good for them while I listened to Meaghan and bought my puppies the most expensive quality food that she referred me. If you were to let Bonnie her fur is like silk. Thank you Meaghan for getting me a puppy that anyone could only wish for. For all your information I spent 24/7 with my pup I never left her home alone I'd take her to all my soccer games even work if I had to. I never let anyone take care of my dog! That's why it's my dog and that's why it only listens to me! I never left her hungry I took her for many walks and runs! Again before getting a German puppy understand it's not a regular puppy it's a guard dog.

• Hs
      5th of Apr, 2017

I have purchased a puppy from the same litter as the people in the complaint, the puppy has had no medical issues was Vet inspected passed with flying colours. Megan has been more than supportive in any questions regarding care of the puppy.I have had working class Shepherds for the last 31 yrs the temperament of Megan's dog are exactly as she has described above my expectations .Sorry to hear of the health issues with the other dog

• Je
      5th of May, 2017

This is very surprising to see as I purchased a puppy 3 years ago and could not have had a better, more supportive experience, and my beautiful dog is strong, healthy and wonderfully tempered. She doesn't eat raw and is still 100% healthy. I visited the property twice before bringing my puppy home and was impressed with the facilities and the handsome, healthy dogs. Megan was friendly, helpful, and the whole experience was absolutely ideal. I have had an entirely positive experience with this breeder and recommend them to anyone looking for a gorgeous, well bred, long haired shepherd. It sounds like a very sad, but isolated incident, and I don't believe it was the fault of the breeder, as they are very thorough, knowledgeable, experienced and care for their dogs very much.

22nd of Jan, 2018

@Jes Roy As you can see from comments below. Clearly they sell sick dogs and do not back up their guarantee. You either got lucky and got a healthy dog or this was a fake post. Either way this breeder has no morals and should not be allowed to sell dogs.

20th of May, 2017

I have concens as we have yet to receive papers. As well when we received our puppy he was sick and underweight. We confirmed this with the vet. The breeder said he most likely got sick in the flight. We have had struggles to feed him and have two vets a breeder and two dog stores trying to figure out why he just likes to forage. Either way we love our puppy but we want our papers. Its been months and we have been told they were going to be mailed to us and now she is stating SHE received them and keeps promising to send them. We hope this ends well as she was very communicative in the beginning. Please send us our papers.

23rd of May, 2017

We also purchased a Male puppy from the same litter and he is a healthy happy boy. Our experience with the purchase of our puppy was positive and we would also recommend this breeder. Our vet also commented on how beautiful and healthy he was and we have no issues with our male. My heart goes out to the people that are having issues with their puppy but I would have to agree with Jes Roy that I also don't believe it was the fault of the breeder.

9th of Jun, 2017

We obtained our mail puppy from Royal German Shepherds in October 2016. Our pup is everything Meghan said he would be. Our experience with this breeder was very positive. . Our vet can not get over his temperament. He is very well behaved for his age - very peaceful disposition - cooperative and relaxed.(unless he wants to play a game of soccer)!! We would recommend this breeder for anyone looking for a true "Blu" German Shepherd - Just make sure you have training plans for your pup - They need a job to do and opportunities to burn energy! Also, keep in mind that these dogs are very intelligent - so be prepared for that!

11th of Jun, 2017

We bought a puppy from this company and paid double the price for breeding rights as my wife and I wanted to start a breeding operation in Nova Scotia. We were assured the dog was well breed and no problems with Hips as many shepherds have. We were given a guarantee that the dog would be healthy and be a good breeder. Upon reaching 2 years of age, we took her to the vets to have her hips and elbows checked to get a rating by the German shepherd Association. The dog failed both in the hips and elbows and was instructed by the vet not to breed this dog. When I contacted Megan at Royal German Shepherds and informed her of this problem (after also forwarding her a copy of the X-rays and appropriate medical reports) she asked me what I wanted her to do. I informed her that I simply wanted the half I paid to have a dog suitable for breeding. I thought I was being reasonable as this adventure has put me 2 years behind in our breeding programs plus all the associated costs to get my dog to this age! She wanted to speak to my vet and arranged it so they could talk. My vet called her several times leaving a message each time for her to return the call. eventually the vet made contact and my vet informed her that my dog was well taken care of, well feed and vetted as it should have been. I was told by Megan that the dog could still be breed as the CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) didn't care about breeding as long as both parents are registered. Then she said that I could breed sisters to brothers! I have been trying to resolve this fairly but now they do not return my calls. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO PURCHASE ANY DOG FROM THIS BREEDER AS THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE BREED OR THEIR REPUTATION! They certainly were nice when they wanted my money. BEWARE!!! If this is not resolved I will be pursuing this legally and will be going after all my costs, the loss of income I suffered and the cost of the dog! If you read this Megan, I would strongly urge you and your husband to do the right thing before it escalates

• La
      25th of Jul, 2018

@atlantichorsetransport@yahoo.ca We bought a long coat shepherd from Megan and had to have him put to sleep at six months old for severe hip dysplasia. He was born on Oct. 13 /17 so we were told since we do not believe anything this woman says. She would not respond to any of my calls texts or emails so the day he was going to be put to sleep I text a picture of him and said what was happening again. I told her in text and email that I would be proceeding with legal action if she didn't compensate us for Jimmy our puppy. She finally responded trying to make herself look like a concerned breeder only because she was worried about a lawsuit. She said I hope he's not gone yet because we will take him back having left her response long enough to know it was too late. This has been a terrible heartbreaking saga for us. He was beautiful and smart and we had him trained perfectly. Communication stopped on her end again until I threatened legal action again. She kept trying to blame us for everything from the food he had to exercise to the environment. It was our fault nothing to do with the genetics our vet said caused it. Our Vet said that there was nothing that we did or didn't do that caused this. After threating legal action again she said she would give us our 1500.00 back if our vet sent her a letter stating that the hip dysplasia was ioo% genetic and hereditary. So our vet drew up the letter and sent it to her along with the exrays. She then said that it was our fault once again and had the gall to say that when
    I was born my mother never gave me any guarantees. This woman shows no shame and seems to give the same responses to all the people that have paid a lot of money to end up having a loss and heart ake and then to find out she is a puppy mill and doesn't care about her dogs or customers. So my only action at this point is legal to try to recoup the money we have invested in a puppy that should never have been sold. Her dogs that she is breeding from have genetic issues causing a ton of problems in the puppies and she should be put out of business for the hurt and pain and cost she is causing people.I have been in touch with a lawyer and he said our case will be ironclad in that she 100 percent guarantees them on her website and also said she would give us our money back with the letter and then didn't.Text me at 613 540 1303 if you like or my email is ccrossfirec@gmail.com

21st of Jun, 2017

My name is Mary-Anne, My husband & I purchased a puppy from Megan almost a week ago now, and since I have purchased 7 puppies in total over 30 years, I believe I know what I am talking about. Our puppy, Rudy, is doing absolutely wonderfully in our home. He is now 10 weeks old, he has responded so very well to all of our family members, he is strong, healthy, inquisitive & a complete joy to have in our family. He is already learning to go to the door when he wants out to pee, he interacts with our cat a little aggressively, but that is normal, and already, I see him responding readily to the words "No, Rudy!"...when I want him to stop doing something, like trying to chew on the edge of a carpet, etc., I return his attention back to his main toys, and he IMMEDIATELY is agreeable & stops doing whatever I asked him to stop doing. He is very, very smart & totally happy in our home. We love him so much. I don't know what problems exist with the other customer above, but certainly, after having had previous litters of puppies myself, in the past, I can say emphatically that in my opinion, all the puppies who I saw at Royal GS were normal, loving & happy puppies who were the picture of health, and our puppy, Rudy, is no exception to this. Thank you Megan, for all the info you provided, when we purchased Rudy, introducing us to your very well behaved adult dogs, all the lovely pups, and telling us about their lives & your breeding practices. We would absolutely recommend Royal German Shepherds to other puppy purchasers, with our highest regards!!! Sincerely, Mary-Anne D.

21st of Jun, 2017

That is very nice however I bought a breeder. Anyone who has a 2 year old dog from this breeder I strongly recommend they have their dog hips and elbows x-rayed. Whether their dog is a breeder out simply a nice family dog!

12th of Oct, 2017

@atlantichorsetransport@yahoo.ca What was the Birthdate of your Dog? I have a 2 year old from this Puppy Mill!

19th of Jul, 2017

PARVOVIRUS FRENCH BULLDOG PUPPIES BEING SOLD!!! I just purchased an 8 week old French bulldog for my kids from this breeder on July 15, 2017. Within the first 24 HOURS the puppy had diarrhea, Megan said in was from stress and leaving. then vomitting . Within 48 hours the dog was at the vets and now has been there for 2 days at about $500 a day. Megan is now is not returning phone calls or emails. We will be pursuing this as my kids have been crying for days. We only got the puppy 4 days ago. He is at deaths door and hasn't eaten for over 2 days, and she cant return my phone calls but calls the vet to say it must be something else. Even though she has the parvovirus test results, I have blood test results, vet bills and bill of sales from royal pups. I will be posting them everywhere on social media i can since this has been done to my small kids; i expect my vet bills to be paid out of the cash i purchased the puppy with and if they chose to ignore the health of the animals then their business will definitely suffer. She may say she cares for the animals but if she is not concerned with their safety and the hygiene of their environment then how can she really care. I feel painfully duped, my kids barely had the puppy for 24 hours and they are so attached. I am disgusted that she tries to put the blame elsewhere. Parvovirus is contacted 7 to 14 days prior to symptoms. 8 families of new adorable frenchies are most likely into a heartbreaking few weeks, especially if they do not go to vet soon enough. And costly. I hope somehow i am helping to prevent future pain to families.

15th of Sep, 2017

@Heartbreakingly duped Hi there,

I just purchases a French Bulldog Puppy last weekend from Megan. When was your puppy born? Was it June 22nd?

19th of Sep, 2017

@Shantelsalewski No, sorry our Pups dob is May 13, 2017. I am in touch with 4 pups from our litter and they ALL had health issues, parasites and GI issues. Same with 4 pups from the April 20, 2017 and March 10 /17 litter. Megan's puppy mill/ kennels have many parasites, and deadly Parvovirus . Please take a poop sample to your vet and have it tested for Parvovirus, Giardia, Coccidia and roundworms. Even if there symptoms are not present. But your pup obviously is ill since you are on here. You should join the facebook group where we have all found each other. If you give me your contact I will send you info directly. I hope your frenchie is okay, after lots of money spent, most of ours are. We want to know any diseases you have encountered and dont expect any accountability from Megan, dont waste your breath, it will just be denial and lies. Take care.

29th of Sep, 2017

@Heartbreakingly duped Hi there, please contact me directly. 647.335.8520

• Bm
      8th of Mar, 2018

@Heartbreakingly duped What is the Facebook group called?? My friend has the runt from the March 10 2017 litter and he has huge health problems!

9th of Aug, 2017

We bought a puppy with royal shepards as well, 14 months ago, he came sick, from the bigginig, we thought he was just missing his old home, he had a really bad diarreah, and super skinny he was just hair and bones, by day 3 we took to the vet, cause he wouldn't eat a thing, he kept having this diarrhea, like water, he couldn't pee properly he was dripping pee all over the house, when the vet took he's poop sample, he was diagnose with giardia, a very contagious parasit, when a emailed megan, she said that he may have get it during his flight, but the vet, didn't agree to that, Cause it wouldn't be posible that in 3 days this dog was so skinny, no joking pure bone, the first day we got him home we washed him, cause he got pee all over him, me and my husband where so heartbreaking, we both knew something was wrong here, had to take off work a month in half, to try to get rid of this, cause his immune system was so low he would keep getting it back, he was so little and expose to very strongs antibiotics, after that we realize that his pee was extreme stinky, again all this time he would barely eat, we took him again to the vet, and found out he would need a surgery cause the skin of his penis wasn't big enough, and he was retaining the pee inside, as well he had a very bad urine infection, and back to antibiotics, i contacted megan, and at the bigginig she thought I was lying to her till I send her the vet papers, the funny part is the, she told me her vet clear this puppy, cause he said he will grow out of 😱 It, so they knew this all this time, that the dog was sick, and they still have a health clear papers for him, my question is who to blame meghan or the vet, I told her before I got the puppy, that i have a sick with disabilities daughter, so I need a healthy dog for her, since we got this puppies all we have is heache, and so many vet vist, of course my kids love him, and overall, he really gentle, calm, and obedient, but this is more like a health issue, every now and then he got this really bad skin infection, that always get infected, we still trying to figure out what is causing, now we can only wash him once a year to avoid them, tried so many different food cause he is really picky, he has never been a normal dog, he still just pure bone, and hair, I can't pet him cause, I feel so bad that he is so skinny, and can't do anything to make him gain weight, I loved him so much that will keep trying with him, even though it's the most expensive dog, I never thought would be this hard have a dog, all my friends have dogs, and never had an issue, I'm really disappointed with this breeder, and I wouldn't recommend, even though, they have been really helpful at the bigginig, they sent us a sick dog, in every single way.

10th of Aug, 2017

@Pauly32 Happy to help!

10th of Aug, 2017

They are cons and do not honour their commitments. They should be shut down!

9th of Oct, 2017

@atlantichorsetransport@yahoo.ca Totally Agree! They are running a puppy mill and are in it for the Moneuy!

9th of Oct, 2017

@Jax's Mom Money!

• Ib
      8th of Oct, 2017

Is there a group just for those who have purchased French bulldogs, or their german Shepherds as well?

8th of Oct, 2017

@Ibeth Monteith Oh, there is definitely a group! About 18 of us all from litters just in the past year! I can tell you how to learn more of you contact me directly rangers2004@rogers.com
    Hope your pup is okay!

8th of Oct, 2017

@Ibeth Monteith Hello, Ibeth, what kind of dog did you get from them?

16th of Oct, 2017

@Heartbreakingly duped Hi there. I thought I was alone in having an ill dog purchased from here. So bad in fact I had to put him to sleep at just over a year old. Emailing you

7th of Nov, 2018

@Ibeth Monteith Yes! there is a group for the LHGS
    Please join us with this link

This horrifying breeder still continues to sell unsuspecting families geneticallly sick pups full of parasites and other ailments. The group is proving invaluable for discovering what has worked with other pups probably from the same stud Alex or Max, your pup is from. A safe place to find out more info to help your dog thrive!

• Ty
      12th of Oct, 2017

I also purchased a puppy two years ago with nonstop health issues and allergies, she’s practically bald and is always getting ear infections because of the allergies. We still don’t know what she is allergic to. Besides all the health issues she is a fantastic dog, great with kids, excellent temperament and very intelligent it’s too bad that she can’t enjoy life to the fullest because she always seems to be sick. I’ve been in contact with Megan and she’s told me to use all these natural remedies and nothing has worked so I gave up and went to the vet and they charge me an arm and a leg for antibiotics and steroids. I don’t know what to do anymore ... I’m so disappointed with these breeders. I never wanted to purchase a dog this expensive but thought because we have small children a well behaved dog was a MUST and Megan was very convincing!

23rd of Oct, 2017

@Tycomabro I am sorry to hear about your poor pup. Which breed is it ?Long haired German shepherd or French bulldog? I personally have a french bulldog puppy from Megan at Royal Pups in Mono, ont.
    now they are calling themselves Superpups. Either way I can put you in touch with other owners of each breed, if you message me and we are doing something to stop this breeder. These pups came very sick and with all kinds of different parasites and many trips to the vets is required to clear each of them up. Did the vet test the pup for Demodex? This makes her itch and hair fall out. Also get her poop tested. For Giardia and coccidia among others. Take care
    Message me at rangers2004@rogers.com

• Mi
      23rd of Jun, 2018

@Heartbreakingly duped Hello, I am having serious gastrointestinal issues with my longhaired German Shepherd born Nov. 3, 2017. I contacted Meghan and she told me it wasn't genetic and that all dogs get giardia and told me to use natural enzymes and MSM. I am trying this but wonder if anyother dogs born at this time are having the same issues and can point me in another direction. My poorboy has gone from diahreah to constipation and I'm so worried about him. Thanks

23rd of Jun, 2018

@Mishajessie I am sorry your pup is having stomach problems. He has had it since being at Megan’s and needs a vet treatment to get better. Giardia does not go away on its own and the longer the pup has it the harder it is to get rid of. It’s a parasite eating away at the intestines. Do not listen to ANYTHING megan ever tells you. When my pup was dying with Parvo, giardia and Coccidia she said to give it IMMODIUM for people ! Please take a poop sample to the vet and take the medicine they prescribe. Please read through this entire thread and see if your pup has any signs of these other illness and reach out to ask questions and see what their outcome was. A few of these German shepherd pups have died and many of them have not been able to gain weight and eat properly due to genetic issues. But giardia is treatable so please don’t waste your time with Megan.
    Good luck

• Mi
      24th of Jun, 2018

@Heartbreakingly duped Thanks for the advice, we have already had extensive poop testing done and nothing was found so it must be something else. When we bought our pup in November they called themselves Long Coat GSD and Max Long Coats (Meghan Zibignew) from Mono/Caledon/Toronto, is this the same kennel?

24th of Jun, 2018

@Mishajessie Yes, they have had to change their name a few times, but yes it’s them. Megan and Ziby. Their kennels are full of parasites and sadly they are a puppy mill. Having puppies every month to sell. Both breeds! Using the same male stud over and over even though they have been told by people who bought their pups that there are huge genetic issues.
    I would add probiotics and maybe “gut soothe” by adored beast to your pups diet if they cannot find anything wrong. Another German shepherd owner had a full grown gs weighing 35 lbs instead of 110 lbs! And they found prednisone helped increase their appetite and weight. People on this board will answer your questions, so contact them. This will help you guide your vet. I have many of their emails if you want me to add you to their “group”, email me at rangers2004@rogers.com, hope you find out what is wrong with the pup soon!

17th of Oct, 2017

Here is my Boy Jax

24th of Nov, 2017

They are cons. BEWARE. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS BREEDER!

22nd of Jan, 2018

@atlantichorsetransport@yahoo.ca They are nothing but crooks! They need to be shut down! I have contacted Canadian Kennel Club, SPCA but neither can do anything. SPCA says she is not harming the puppies, to that I replied, "she is breeding her two females to her males that all have health issues, so she is harming all puppies! Most of her puppies are very sickly. I wished there was more I could do about this Puppy Mill

24th of Nov, 2017

We purchased a puppy from Royal German Shepherds in 2015. He has had nothing but Health issues. First of all our vaccination record was all in Polish and my Vet didn't even recognize any of the shots he was supposedly given. My boys ears weren't coming up, so I mentioned this to Megan quite a few times, she told us to be patient. When I emailed her the last time about this, she said, "well it's too late now, why didn't you do something about it?" I was very angry. Then was Jax's neutering, they could only find one testestical. So we had an ultra sound done in order to locate the second one, but it couldn't be found so they did a blood test and Jax was only born with one. While they had him in surgery, the Vet notice two puncture wounds in the roof of his mouth. His bottom fangs grew in crooked and were piercing the roof of his mouth! So we had to take him to a Dental Specialist in Guelph to get his bottom fangs cut down, filled and capped! No wonder the poor guy didn't eat well!
    Megan sent us home with some Royal Canin puppy food(kibble), so we continued Jax on this food! When she questioned what we were feeding him, when I told her he wasn't a big eater; she told me (in Writing) that Royal Canin was the worst possible dig food to be feeding him! She says in her email that Royal Canin grinds up dead dogs and puts it in their dog food! At this point I know things are right with this Breeder!
    My Jax is also very week in the hind end, I am almost afraid to have x-rays done because I fear he may have hip dysplasia.
    One last point if I may, Megan sent us home with bags of different supplements. If we were to give Jax this much crap we would have been in the poorhouse! Megan gets a cut when we (the buyers if these puppies) buy more product.
    I have always had large dogs all my life and never have I ever had to supplement them. Oops, one more thing,
    All Jax's teeth grew in crooked because his bottom jaw did not grow to full size and Megan blames me for this??????
    All of my pups issues are genetic, and she says there is no way they are genetic because her dogs are top of their class in this, that and the other thing...well she is so wrong!
    If I do find out the Jax has hip dysplasia, there will be hell to pay!

• Mu
      24th of May, 2018

@Jax's Mom We purchased a female from Megan and have the same issues you are experiencing! Bottom jaw did not grow properly causing malocclusion, our vet told us to not give the supplements she sent us home with - don't even get me started about the liquid silver in her eyes... I wonder if they are from the same litter?

I'm so sad to read about this and know exactly what you are going/went through. It's infuriating!

7th of Nov, 2018

@muskokagirl12 Sounds exactly like the other pups, find out what they are doing to help their LHGS pups

• Be
      13th of Feb, 2018

Hi,
    We purchased our German shepherd from Royal German Shepherds, and we could not be anymore pleased with him. He is 110lbs, 14m old and very healthy. The vet has also confirmed that he is vet healthy and fit. We feed him orijen brand food and he receives lots of regular exercise. People are constantly stopping us to say how stunning/gorgeous/handsome he is. We honestly could not have asked for a higher quality dog. Do not take our word for it, just see his picture - this is BEAR! Thank you.

• Mu
      24th of May, 2018

We purchased a female GSD from Royal German Shepherds in 2016. I researched and researched and wish I knew then what I know now. I would not recommend this breeder to anyone as it has been a nightmare.

When we first brought our puppy home she had fleas, worms, and broken teeth. I understand these things can happen to any type of dog but ours was also very malnutrition-ed. When we approached Megan for help as issues would arise, she would come back very defensive as if her dogs were perfect. Our puppy's bottom jaw was not growing with the upper jaw which in turn, proved to be a malocclusion which is hereditary! Megan denied this and denied us any help with fixing the issue. She was extremely rude.

We love our pup and will do anything we can to give her the best life possible. Unfortunately we are missing the support from our breeder which is super unfortunate.

After reading these comments, and I know you can't believe everything you read,

7th of Jun, 2018

Hello, I just want to share this with you guys, and prevent any families, to go trough what we are about to, i have posted here before about my dog rock, he dying now, he never got better, and he has an instestinal and sophogus malformation that can’t be fix, we will have to put him down in a couple of hours, he is been there for 3 days and he is not getting better to get a surgery, plus so many other issues that the vets don’t know why, he may pass away any minute now, please do not buy dogs from this breeder, we have left with a huge bill to pay now, and our heart broken, I always thought he will get better, but he didn’t, this is terrible, how can they do this to people, this is not right, is not fair for my poor dog to have been suffering for 1 year in half!

7th of Jun, 2018

@Pauly32 Pauly, my heart breaks for you and your family going through all this! Please find peace in that you did all you could and loved the pup greatly and He is no longer suffering.

Can you let us know your pups date of birth, those with siblings should be aware of this genetic condition and perhaps prevent if even possible their pups deterioration. And hopefully prevent Megan from selling future pups with genetic conditions.

7th of Jun, 2018

@Heartbreakingly duped He was born May 6th, 2016, when did your born ?

7th of Jun, 2018

@Pauly32 I have called CKC, even the insurance company, and nobody can do anything how this can be possible? I’m devasted, I can’t belive our belove dog is gone, I never thought I could feel this pain, I’ll try my best to prevent this happen again! This is a family break down, in every single way !!

7th of Jun, 2018

@Pauly32 @pauly32 Our pup is a frenchie, born last May/17.
    Megan was NOT CKC registered, but here is the info I sent you, Justin and Jon to register a formal complaint to the SPCA. Most of the frenchie owners have. I don’t see their kijiji ads for frenchie but I may have seen one for LHgs pups but wasn’t 100% sure. I would report botht ads and get removed from selling on kijiji
    Anyone who has a complaint should CALL And send emails about these crooks. Who sell sick frenchies and long haired German shepherd puppies!
    Agent Vicki Crocker - Investigations
    Ontario SPCA Orangeville & District Branch
    650 Riddell Road, Orangeville
    Phone: 519-942-3140 ext. 24
    www.orangeville.ontariospca.ca
    My thoughts are with you, your husband and kids and hopefully find strength to get through this tough time. 💔

8th of Jun, 2018

@Heartbreakingly duped I’ll make a formal complain, thanks so much for the info, she email today, asking me what happened to him, and god bless us, seriously is this people for real ! I can’t even start!