Roberts Law Group

Roberts Law Group
95 East Mitchell Hammock Road
Oviedo, Florida
Phone: 407-956-3456
I have an offer from them to terminate my ownship and financial responsibility of my timeshare. They need an upfront fee which is sizeable. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. Is this legitimate or just another timeshare scam? I am skeptical!
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Vacation Clubs
More Roberts Law Group Complaints & Reviews
Roberts Law Group - complaints board & comments [1]

Comments

N  15th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi, I just sold my timeshare through Roberts Law Group and the transaction was completed about 3 weeks ago. It is not a pleasant experience getting rid of your timeshare-I know! I wanted mine gone 3 months after I bought it. I finally did some research and took a "leap of faith" by going with Jim Robertson of Roberts Law Group. He got me out of it. It cost a bit up front but it was so worthwhile to me.

They actually don't take payment up front, but they do hold your funds in their client trust accountdo not get paid until they finish the work.

For what it's worth, they are a legitimate law firm specializing in getting people out of timeshares.

Kathie
N  11th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi Kathie, I'm just doing research about getting rid of a timeshare. What does "a bit up front" mean? Are we talking hundreds of dollars or thousands?
Pat
N  28th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
2/27/2012, I have hired them to do the same. I hired them in November of 2011, and as of today nothing is final and I am getting nervous as I have received a late notice. I am trying to keep my faith in them. Will keeep you updated.
N  17th of May, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Adren We have no record of anyone with your name ever engaging us for services - are you sure this is the right law firm. I checked our records from Nov 2011. Please call us at 877-700-5529 to resolve.
A  29th of Sep, 2011 by    +3 Votes
Roberts Law Group is on the up and up. I live in Phoenix and hired them to get me out of my Festiva/Atrium St. Martin TS. Festiva had raised the maintenance fees, added special assessment fees, they were out of control. We could not afford it after owning for about 10 years. Festiva would not take the 2 weeks back, they are money hungry and do not care about your financial position.

I filled out the form on the internet and Robertson called me back immediately. I fugured if they would do it for a fee that was about the same as 2 weeks of maintenance and special assessment fees, i would do it.

They quoted me $3500 for each week, but would do it for $5000. I offered them $2500 for both weeks based upon my current costs. In addition, I was also toying with the idea of donating which would have cost me $2000. They agreed to $2500. Dont think you cant negotiate with them because they are attorneys, that would be farther from the truth. This is America, everything is negotiable.

In any event, it did take them a while. It was about 11 months before it was finished and I did get frustrated. But they did handle everything that came up, some times with prompting from me. I did get the feeling that they were truly concerned about getting it done and did care. They were genuine which I thought was remarkable for something that was done primarily over the internet.

My advise is to use Roberts. However as a consumer, it is your responsibility to stay on top of them and monitor what is going on. If you dont like something, tell them, they will take care of it. Got a question or concern, contact them, dont let it stew. You cant drive to their office when your pissed off so call or email them they are very responsive.

Would I use them again, yes. Would I recommend them, yes.
N  3rd of Oct, 2011 by    -1 Votes
While each situation is different, please contact Owner Services before making any financial commitment to a law group or resale organization as other options may be available directly through Festiva. There have been many stories of owners paying supposed timeshare disposal groups large sums of money for nothing to ever occur and the money to be lost. Any commitment to one of these groups should be heavily researched and caution exercised.
N  17th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Festiva Rep Hi - just a clarification - we are not a timeshare disposal group but a law firm that assists people with their legal matters regarding their timeshare ownership. Our fee structure is simple - a low fixed fee to review the purchase and ownership documents, analyze the legal situation, have a consultation with our clients regarding the situation, and provide them legal advice on what they can do on their own ad what we can do to help them.

Then if they choose to have us help them, they pay a contingency fee only on success.

We agree that one should seek legal advice before paying any large fee with big promises - but contacting the resort that may misrepresented the benefits and obligations of owning a timeshare (and we are often told the "resort" lied to me) first without legal advice seems risky at best.
N  13th of Dec, 2016 by    -1 Votes
My recent experience with Robertson Law has not been successful in remediating my timeshare contract cancellation. It's been over 4 months with no progress and after my repeated inquiries to Robertson Law Associates, I have yet to get a satisfactory response. I do not recommend working with this group. The Florida Bar Association indicates they are no longer members of the Florida Bar and probably are not legally allowed to represent people on lgal issues.
N  17th of May, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Will100 Sorry you haven't had a positive experience with us. Unlike many of those that promise they will help you with your timeshare, we charge a fee after we have successfully reached a reached a resolution and sometimes it may take longer than 4 months. I am still a member of the Florida Bar in good standing and can represent people - I'm not sure where you did your search but here is my listing https://www.floridabar.org/directories/find-mbr/profile/?num=103569

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree