RN Realone / Poor service!

As I check my credit card statement I see my company is being billed $14.99 each month for something called RN Realone. I do not know this is nor have I as OWNER have authorized. I am going back now to check statements to see when it started.

W. G.

Wg

Comments

• Bo
      14th of Jan, 2007

I also have the same problem with RN * REALONE whoever they are on an old unused credit card that was destroyed some time ago but unfortunately non cancelled, there is now a direct debit hitting this credit card account every month and i am unable to establish who it is trying to draw the money from the card, the credit card company seem equally helpless in this matter.

• Gr
      19th of Jan, 2007

What you are being billed for is "super Pass" on the Real Player network. I too found this charge on my credit card and after racking my brain and banging around the internet I figured out that I joined up and allowed monthly billing of $14.99. To unsubscribe you need to go to the real player web page and click on login. You will be prompted for your email address. then click on the link that says you can't remember your password. Follow the remaining instructions. Good luck.

• Ez
      20th of Jan, 2007

I like Big Brother, that is why I got the superpass... BUT I never agreed for them to take $39.99 out of my checking every 3 months! I haven't used "Real Player" since 8/13/2006.. today is 1/21/2007... yep I'm out $79.98...urgh and the "super" pass sucked by the way.

• Es
      27th of Jan, 2007

Many thanks to Greg Nicholls - 17.84 monthly charge appeared on my credit card bill for the first time today: must be six months (at least) since I signed up for Super Pass - had forgotten all about it and certainly not used it! Thanks to Greg's info, now swiftly and simply cancelled. Excellent site - excellent contributions!

• Ro
      10th of Feb, 2007
    RnRealOne - 14.99 per month charge

I'm being charged on my credit card 14.99 every month for something called RNRealone. I didn't sign up for this. Idon't even know what it's for, but I want the charges to stop. My bill lists a phone number 866-212-1343 WA

10th of Feb, 2007

Same thing here. Wasn't even my email used in setting up the account. Luckily, I recognize all the other charges on my credit card, but this has been going on for months and driving me crazy. THANKS GREG!

1st of Mar, 2007

I just went through this today (3/1/07). I actually had charges for Super Pass and Rhapsody charged @ $14.99 each to my credit card. I had to call Real Player to cancel the account, obviously since this was a fraudulent account they had to look it up by my credit card number and not an email address. They cancelled it and make sure you get a confirmation number to give to your credit card company who you will need to contact next to get credit for the charges. The two phone numbers that I saw on my statement for Real Player are 866-834-5509 and 866-212-1343.

20th of May, 2007

Many thanks along with a lot of people to Greg N. You've stopped them racking up my money!!! Thanks

• Ni
      19th of Jun, 2007

Ok, so i checked out the real one site and sure enough I seemed to have an account. However, there is NO credit card information stored in there. how is this possible?

• Fr
      28th of Jun, 2007

I spent an afternoon downloading Rhapsody, I could not get it to work or install on my WinXP SP2.
    Error messages had me going in circles and I finally decided I had enough. I called the number on my
    email billing receipt and canceled the account.

I checked my Visa account and found I had one charge from Rhapsody and 2 charges from RealNetwork! I called them back and raised hell. It was bad enough the one I expected to be gone was still there, but 2 more charges!!! Either those people are scam artists or their system needs some tuning up. If they ever get that taken care of maybe they can provide a product that works as advertised! Needless to say I restored my computer to a pre Rhapsody date.

• Bi
      23rd of Jul, 2007

RN *RealOne also charges me without asking me or reminding me about a service I have no intention of using.

How can I solve this problem? Is it possible to get in touch with RealOne? It appears to be difficult to get in touch! Does anyone out there know about RN *RealOne?

Birgitta

• Bo
      3rd of Aug, 2007

I had the same problem. I downloaded real player and didn't realize that I would be changed. Low and behold I get a charge for $14.99. So after a little research I find this site and I'm able to cancel the account. I think Real player is sh*t. They should make it clear that their so called "free" player will cost you if you forget to cancel the account. Oh and I didn't even use the super pass thing. The only way this company makes money is off people that forget to cancel their accounts.

• Vi
      29th of Aug, 2007

15th of Sep, 2007

you suck

• Wi
      15th of Sep, 2007

real.com scam alert.
    I never sign up for real super pass, somehow they got my credit card number $200.00. They refused to return my money.

After charging me $200.00 for an account and downloading I didn't use.

John Kent, Real player supervisor, was very rude. Didn't help at all.

Anybody interested in a class action law suit let me know.
    Real.com = scam.com

• Sh
      26th of Sep, 2007

I was scammed, too. It's part of real network. I have know idea how they got my bank account number, I never give it out.

Call 1-866-212-1343 to cancel your account.

• Va
      9th of Oct, 2007
    RnRealOne - Unauthorized charges from checking account

Unauthorized charges from checking account appearing almost on monthly basis and I never authorized nor did I download anything. Isn't there anything I can do?

• Pa
      9th of Oct, 2007

Yes. Go to your bank and tell them your account has been compromised and that need a new account number and new checks. It's a PITA but something you should do every couple of years to keep the fraudsters at bay.

• Go
      12th of Oct, 2007

Did you get my last complaint?

• Me
      13th of Oct, 2007

Okay I found out what it was. I called the phone number available on my banking statement (I LOVE USAA BANKING STATEMENTS :) It's 866-212-1343).

After calling I found out I was charged for a service called "REALONE REALNETWORK SUPERPASS Movie Review".

I found the website that explains the service: (http://www.moviesanddownloads.com/movie-site-reviews/realnetworks-superpass.html)

It's a movie/TV downloading service. The RN REALONE operator explained how in her records, it shows I initiated the service back in May 2007 and asked if I had ever downloaded "RealPlayer."

I informed her that I was unaware of this service and through her company files, she was able to determine that there has been no activity in my account and that I have not used the services they provide. She explained that I was paying for a service that entitles me to download movies/TV Shows for FREE every month on the internet and she explained how it can download most popular movies and TV shows available online.

I explained that the service sounds great but that I don't need this service. She immediately canceled my membership: Confirmation received from realnetworks@support.real.com.

She said, for me to get a refund for every previous charge she suggested I contact the bank who will open an inquiry and then they will be able to facilitate a refund for unused services.