Ringaza / False charges on cell phone bill for ring tones

For the 2nd time we have been charged for ringtones from Ringaza for ringtones that we have not subscribed to receive. They refuse to take this charge off of our cell phone bill, but can't provide proof that we actually subscribed. Alltel tells me they can do nothing about this that once these ringtone companies get a hold of your cell phone number they can charge whatever they want to your cell phone bill. I would like to know how this company can continue to get by with this type of scam.

Comments

• Ca
      30th of Oct, 2007

There is no way possible to accidentally subscribe to our service. The process is multi-step and requires that the user acknowledge their understanding of the program before being activated. The user, upon entering their cell number will be sent a unique PIN code to their phone. In order to be activated the user must either reply on their mobile phone to that message accepting the subscription or enter that unique PIN code in to the website and check a box saying that they have AGREE to the terms and
    conditions of the offer. The price is prominently displayed as well as the terms of the offer are shown on the first page. We are not only regulated by normal legal business law and common best practices, but we are also compliant with the Mobile Marketing Associations guidelines or mobile content distribution. In addition, ever offer that we attempt to put before the public is subject to an extensive 4 week review by each cellular company
    individually as they obviously want to protect their customer base.

6th of Nov, 2007

This company is a compete rip off. They sent my daughter a text message, which she opened and then deleted. There was no PIN involved. The next thing we know we are getting charged $9.99 a month for nothing. They refuse to refund anything. Any ideas what to do?

• H
      15th of Nov, 2007

Kami Right does not know what he's talking about. I was immediately charged for a serviced I did not subscribe to!

• Pa
      6th of Dec, 2007

I absolutely refuse to pay for ringtones that were not ordered. A charge of $9.99 was on my Alltel bill last month.

• Se
      29th of Dec, 2007

I just received the $9.99 charge for the second month in a row for a service that I did not sign up for. When I called Verizon they suggested that I text back with the word "STOP" which I did. That must have been after the montly billing cycle so I received the charge for the second month. I am hoping this is over, but I doubt it.

• Ri
      2nd of Jan, 2008

on 10/07/07 at 2:10 pm i was trying to cancel out the order that i had just put in because i changed my mind. then i was charged 9.99. at 10/07/07 at 2:15 i was charged another 9.99 for the same order. at2:20 i was charged another 9.99 and at 2:28 another charge for 9.99. to the sum o f 39.96.i had to pay my phone bill and they told me to contact you people . i did so on 11/2/07 at 3:36am. i received an email on 11/02/07 at 3:40am stating that someone would respond to my issue ASAP. it is now 1/02/08 and i still have not been contacted yet. i want to be paid the 39.96 in full , and i also would like a responce this time. thank you Richard A. Wehr

• Pa
      26th of Mar, 2008

Freeze.com does the same thing! I have never signed up with them and I began getting charged. Alltel gave me their phone number. I called and demanded they stop. I was told it would end right away. As soon as I ended the call I got 2 more texts sent to my phone and another one this morning!!! I told Alltel that if they did not put a stop it I would end my service agreement with them and notify other agencies that would help me. I am documenting everything so that when I terminate my agreement with them I will not be liable for the termination fee.

• Gr
      11th of Sep, 2008

I fell for one of the IQ banner adds asking if I was as smart as George Bush. Apparently I'm not because after taking the test, which was way too easy and should have been a clue, I was told to enter my cell phone number to see the result. The alarm went off in my brain but I ignored it and entered my number. It sent a pin and asked me to enter it in the web page. I did and was sent two more text messages. One was from Ringaza telling me that I had successfully signed up for their ringtone service at $20.00 a month. I agreed to the stupid IQ test terms and conditions, acutally I checked the box that said I did and I don't know where I was supposed to have read them. I'm sure that somewhere in there I signed up for ringtones and agreed to have them screw me out of $20.00.

I'm going to phone cingular and tell them to refuse payment ot ringaza. I never went to their website and never got any ring tones. I immediately sent STOP back and the said I won't receive any further charges. I know what that means right? They have already hit me this month. This is a scam if I ever saw one.