Rii Stroman / Timeshare Sale

1 14500 Conroe, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 936-588-4444

Inquired about selling our timeshare in Orlando Florida because we received literature in the mail frequently and I put in an inquiry on their website. They called and sent me a contract which we signed and mailed to them on 10/12/07. They indicated this was a very popular resort at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa and should be a very attractive property and easy to sell. I did have to pay tme a fee which they explained was for their advertising of $599.00. I should have know better but this was my first experience and I trusted them.
Once they had my money I have never heard from them again. This was a total scam as I see many other people have also been sucked into their scam. I want my money returned of $599.00.
Please stop these companies from doing business with innocent people and ripping them off.

Comments

• Je
      1st of Oct, 2008

I trusted this company 4-5 years ago. I too kept receiving mail from them about selling my timeshare. I called. I paid $500 for ad fee and returned the contract. They gave no help in how to set a price so that the timeshare would sell.

After about a year or so, I called to find out what's happening with sales. The guy told me that everyone's trying to get rid of their timeshare and the demand is not there and maybe I should lower my price.

Two years later I called again to lower the price because since then I've learned that timeshares for resale are worth only about 10%-15% of what you paid, and I saw on Ebay that comparable timeshares were selling for even less.

I told the lady to put it up for $800, she told me that she couldn't do that because their commission has to be at least $900. I laughed (out of how ridiculous) So she suggested $1, 900. I told her that I KNOW my timeshare is not going to sell for that much. And, because my contract with them was nearing the end she tried to get me to pay $99 to keep listing up for another year.

I told her I'm not giving that company any more of my money and that I want a refund. Of course, she explained how they don't give refunds and extended my listing for another year any way.

I am incensed at this company. Is there not a company out there that can deliver as advertised any more?

I want my money back too! How do we shut RII Stroman and others like it down?

• Cr
      9th of Oct, 2008

I did the same as everyone else on here. They told us verbally about the money back satisfaction guarantee. That also was a lie. I listed with them in Jan 05. to date I have not received a single offer. I was also told to lower the price, yet still no offer. Its been almost 3 years now and i see no change coming. This company is a total rip off. Save your money and do not list anything with them. Keep reporting them to BBB and any consumer reporting agency that will listen. These people need to be stopped. The person that originally did our contract was Shirley A.Tatum, now its Patti Sizemore. Neither have done anything.

• Wi
      15th of Oct, 2008

report these scam artist to the folks at www.resaleripoffs.com. They have a help forum, do investigations, and fee recovery for timeshare owners that have been scammed.