Ricole Property Managemnt

Posted:

delay in paying rent and performing property maintanance

3.75
Has anyone been having problems with Ricole Realty and Michelle Sweetland. They are one of the worst property managment companies I have ever dealt with. They have been collecting rents from my properties then they are keeping the money for months and are always giving an excuse as to why they have not sent me my money. Then they will tell you the cheque is in the mail and weeks will go by with nothing coming in the mail.

They are also ignoring maintenance requests from the tenants as well as from myself.

I would like to hear of anyone else having problems with them as I want to file a lawsuit.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Real Estate

Comments

A  10th of Sep, 2011 by    +1 Votes
i am having the same issues, ugh
N  10th of Sep, 2011 by    +1 Votes
something has to be done
A  13th of Mar, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Are any of you still with Ricole? I agree with you that there are issues that needs to be addressed collectively
N  27th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hello all,
I posted my previous complaint with Ricole using my real name so that they know who I was. The purpose of the post was to gather common complaints so that the issues could be consolidated and prioritized (everyone has different complaints).
In turn, they did discuss with me regarding my posting and they felt that they had addressed my concerns. My previous concerns were around the following:
1. Transparency - No photos were sent, only bills and work orders so it was hard to see what needed to be done and what was fixed.
2. No distribution of money
3. Changing terms of contract - Examples included management fee was changed from $60 to $75. Also it used to be that rents were being collected regardless of occupancy. It used to be that rents would be collected only if the unit was occupied which I believe is more of the common practice. Also other collect fees only on rents collected. However, I cannot vouch for other companies even if this is these are their terms. The issue I had was that it was not communicated and just changed without any communication.

Over the past year, things have gotten much better with Ricole, they have hired additional people which has most certainly helped. What was important to me were photos. I've also urged for more transparency and communication. One of the items they implemented was P&L. This has no meaning for me but apparently other owners wanted it. I have no way of validating that which is why I wanted to gather common concerns.

I am happy with Ricole's service now. I would suggest to disclose who you are or to communicate your concerns with them if you are not happy. Anonymous postings can come from anyone which I don't think matters to the company.

They've done excellent repair work and have shown me all the results. The staff is also quite professional and have known them quite a while. Things have indeed improved over the past year. Feel free to contact me.
A  20th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I've had similar experience to the OP with delayed payments. I closed out my property last April and still haven't got paid out from them. After months of them ignoring my emails they finally at least started responding. Gave me all sorts of excuses, but no money yet. Instead of the "check's in the mail" line I've gotten "wire is on the way" yeah... near 3 weeks later still nothing.
A  20th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I also have a property that Ricole property management manages have been unable to contact them either by phone or email. no money has been forthcoming since Jan 2016 repairs that they said had been done have not been done.
A  20th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
amazing that this #### company is still in business.
N  14th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
Are they still in business??? Phone number no longer works. No response to any of my emails. Suggestions?
N  19th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
I closed out with them last year after finding I'd been ripped off for a couple of years. Always blamed tenants. They paid out a cheque for $2, 500 to the city for taxes I found they hadn't paid which bounced twice and I have still not got these funds. So any help to find them or her would be most appreciated.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree