Retail Transaction Supplies / send orders not requested

1 6830 parc Avenue suite 400 Montreal Quebec, h3n 1w7Montreal, Québec, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-785-0029

hi! I don`t know if you can help me. I am a small business owner and i received a call few months ago saying that this company represented Interac and that i was due to order some cleaning supplies for the machine, I agreed expecting a small bottle of liquid or cleaner. Instead I received 120$ worth of these pads that i really didn`t need. I also realised the company was not related to Interac or my bank that manages my system. A month later they call again asking if everything is alright, I state yes and hang up. A week later another box of supplies arrives that i did not order. I called 3 times, left messages, they say it`s my responsibility to pay the shipping to return the product I did not order (cost about 10$). They now refuse to answer any of my calls. Is there anything I can do? The company name is Retail Transaction Supplies and the phone number is [protected]
Kind regards
Genevieve

Comments

• Bi
      30th of Apr, 2009

We had the same thing happen a few months ago. If you complain at them long enough they will give in.
    Also ask them for the Purchase order # you gave them when ordering (it shouldn't exist) and tell them nothing is ordered without this number which is authorized by you (the business owner) so if they don't have it they need to come back and get it.
    Also, try and call Canpar or whoever they shipped it with, say the person in your store signed for something they shouldn't have signed for, and ask for it to be picked up and returned to sender.

These guys are thieves, but it is possible to get your money back.

• Me
      10th of Sep, 2009

Hi,

I work for a company in Quebec City, we had the same problem few weeks ago (August 2009) with the same company. Same adress, same phone number, but they call themselves SFB instead of RTS, which is simply the name translated in French (Service Fournitures de Bureau).

I agree with Bill, these people are criminals. They just send package to companies and hope they'll get a payment for it. In big organisations, people don't always have time to double check which employee ordered that, so they sign and pay.

Be careful. My opinion: ignore them. Drop the box in the trash, they will never sue you or anything. They just hope a paiement.

• Ro
      15th of Sep, 2009

Hi,

My story is exactly the same as those above. I filed a complaint with the Quebec better business bureau ( http://www.bbb-bec.com/main.cfm?p=231&l=en ) and finally got hold of them on the phone. I also insisted that they produce our purchase order number and they backed down slightly. I refused to ship their package back to them (for fears of them claiming the goods got damaged in transit and must therefor be paid for - as per their fine print!). The answer was that someone would call me back to which I got her to confirm that they would pick up their package. I concluded by telling the very forceful lady that I was recording the call for my own records. I am willing to bet that we won't hear from them again.

• Be
      11th of Jan, 2010

January 11, 2010

Just back from holidays and this unsolicited box by Services de fournitures de bureau SFB, with same address and phone number as above was waiting on my desk. The staff and I had a hunch it was a fraud. We had been warned by our interac company that some scammers send office supplies that were never ordered.

We called the number listed on the box 1-866-785-0029 and spoke with a Mr Rivard Of Lafierté and Letendre who say they sell construction materials in Ste Hyacinthe and had never heard of FSB-RTS

We are not opening the box and will try to get Canpar to take it back for free or we will send a letter to the Park avenue address giving them 2 weeks to take back their shipment or it will go to recycling.

I'm not paying for their scam. Let them sue all their victims and the legal bills will bankrupt them.

I will also contact the consumer shows La Facture and Marketplace to let them know about this.

Denis

17th of Mar, 2010

March 17, 2010

They keep doing it! We also got a package of supplies from them not requested.
    Thank you all for the above advice.
    Lana

16th of Apr, 2010

The same happened to me, they call and talk to on of the employee, I am calling to confirm the shipping address. The employee of course would give them the address, then asked to confirm the name of the interact terminal. They then sent a box of supply then bill for almost $300. I am not concern about being sue, i only concern that they may report to the credit bureau. I am not spending my money and time to send to send it back. Any better suggestion?

Patrick

26th of Apr, 2010

Hi! Same thing. We've received three boxes of unwanted interac paper. For those living in Quebec, I've placed a call to the OPC and here's what they've said:

-Placing orders against someone's will is clearly illegal and you DON'T have to pay to return the merchandise to them... give them a delay (maybe 7 days) to come and get their crap out of your office.
    -If they say that they don't want to pay for whatever reason jus tell them you are goind to make and official complaint to the SQ économics fraud dept... they should change their mind now

The guy told me that companies like those often call a few weeks before to iquire the name of the boss. Then when you call to complaint they say i've talk to ''X'' and he told me the order was ok..

So good luck!!

3rd of Aug, 2010

They do the samething with me today... They really are stupid... And.. Do you know if the complaint work on it? That boring to do all this stuff...! They call.. And they send the package.. After, you realise that's not a reel compagny of interac... You call them, and they tell you... You have to paid for it! You call canpar... And you have to paid for it, because you sign de paper at the reception... They are stupid...
    And, we don't know what we have to do now...! :((

• Jf
      24th of Nov, 2010

4 times it happens to me. Do the same thing every time, leave a message that we're aware that it's a scam. Never pay the bill and wait for them to collect. After a few times, they send Canpar to collect the box. These people are scums and [censor] and I told them every time!

• Ba
      13th of Dec, 2010

These guys have called our small business several times asking for sensitive information about our interac machine. The number on the call display is a local Montreal number and appears like this: RTS INC 514-273-7626. It is listed to the same address above in the original post.

• Ca
      5th of Jan, 2011

The exact same thing just happened to me, RTS at 6830 Parc #400 Montreal PQ
    Shipped a box of interac paper we never ordered but said we did. We did order a shipment in the summer so they knew the name of the receptionist and kept saying she called to order it 2 weeks earlier. I tried to return it to canpar, no luck. Its totally scam!! I've called them 3 times frustrated asking to speak with a manager and am getting nowhere! :(

• Li
      18th of Jan, 2011

it is happen to my company now, we haven't order anything. they just called and check the address then sent something we don't need. When I called back to complaint, the lady is so rough, and hung up right away.

•   24th of Jan, 2011

I am having the same experience now, they send me a box of paper roll for the interac that I didn't order. I try to call them and the guy who pick up the phone was really rude and hang up when I said i didn't order it. I try to call back and they put me throw voice mail.
    I was wodering if anyone knows where I can complain in Canada, except their comopany.

• Sb
      27th of Jan, 2011

I filed a complaint with the Quebec BBB, they replied about 2 weeks after saying they have contacted RTS to resolve the complaint directly with me since they are not registered with the Quebec BBB. Shortly after that RTS sent Canpar to pick up the package and we haven't heard anything since.
    I also filed a complaint with the Canadian Fraud Center, the guy I was talking with says they get 100's of complaints about RTS a DAY and not too pay them and to cut off all contact, don't pick up their calls. He said they will threaten you with taped conversations you've had with them and sending you to collections but without a signed contract between you and RTS, there is nothing they can do. He also said a box of that paper is worth around $10.00 so they are just making money off charging an inflated price.

28th of Jan, 2011

Hi there, I do nails in Laval Quebec and I believe I was targetted because of some ads I have out promoting my business.

Now they're selling "first aid kits mandated by the Canadian Board of Health." There is no such board.
    Jan. 26, 2011 A "Danny" called me claiming their $200 first aid kit " is the law in Quebec salons" (it's not). I played dumb (was suspicious) and took his name and number: 514 273 7626, a Montreal number.
    Jan. 28, 2011 -- he called back today. I immediately said I was not interested in his service, to remove me from their call list, and not to call again. I said I had found bad reviews online.
    He FLIPPED OUT. "I don't care about some [censor] you found on the internet, this is a democratic country, I'll call who I want." By then I knew the guy is obviously crazy, he continued to scream at me and finally I hung up.
    This company lies, scams, then becomes verbally abusive and they should be jailed for attempted fraud. Frankly this guy is a nutcase, I think.

28th of Jan, 2011

This sounds like the same company:

/URL removed/

• Sp
      7th of Feb, 2011

You're a [censor]. Canpar DID drop it off at the right spot...at the shipping/receiving dock. That's why every hospital has a shipping and receiving area. That's where deliveries are made. You seem to think that the Canpar driver was supposed to take a ticket, park his truck in visitor parking, deliver the package personally to the recipient (after spending two or so hours trying to find out what room he was in), go back to his truck, then pay for parking on the way out. Uhh...no. It doesn't work that way.

Would you really want a complete stranger to have access to your nephew's room? Do you not think hospitals have security procedures in place so that people cannot just walk in off the street and go into any room they feel like going in to?

It was the hospital's responsibility to deliver the package after a hospital staff member signed for it. Once the package is signed for, responsibility for it no longer lies with the courier. That's why signatures are required. Good grief, give your head a shake.

• Mi
      14th of Feb, 2011

Well just call Surete du quebec, they will open an investigation,

Also pay via credit card, then cancel the charge as a chargeback
    Sue them (recours collectif maybe ?)
    Go in person to
    6830 parc Avenue suite 400 Montreal Quebec, h3n 1w7, take photos, videos, post on youtube and here,

• Br
      23rd of Feb, 2011

I also received a phone call just today from a Raymond saying he had an invoice number and such saying we received the cleaning supplies back in november of 2010. I am new to this office and had no idea about what he was asking so i asked him to fax a copy of the invoice...i gave him the number to another person in the office who would be able to help him better than I would...he called 3 times from 514-908-0331 saying I needed to get this person to contact him by the end of the day. In the meantime, i searched the number online and came across this...the number he gave me to call him back with was 1-866-785-0029...I called it, and a man answered with jibberish...not even a hello. I asked for Raymond, heard scuffling on the receiving end, and when he answered, I told him never to call this office again and they were nothing but a scam.

• Om
      18th of Apr, 2011

We also recieved a package From S.F.B. (Service de Fourniture de Bureau) in October. they have the wrong compagny name, wrong city, wrong postal code. We called them and natually got their voice mail. We left a message stating we never ordered this and they better pick up their stuff because we will NOT pay their invoive. We received a second invoice during the winter. They just called me ans I told them to pick up their stuff because I won't pay. They just told me they would send me to the credit department. After reading these other posts, I faxed them a notice to pick up their box, that it was not ordered by us. I'm not worried about it. Just don't let them intimidate you. Just keep the box ready to be picked up and get proof of pick up.