Renonikko - Nicky Dubois

13A Urselines
Gatineau, Quebec J9H 1R4
renonikko@gmail.com
819-431-9270

June 1, 2017: I contacted Nicky Dubois through a Kijiji ad to build my shed platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois visited my residence to determine the required material to complete the platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois sent me an invoice that included the contructions of a platform and the purchase certain material.

June 6, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois a $40 deposit by email as a part of the agreement to purchase the required material.

June 7, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois an additional $160 prepayment by email to purchase the material which was not part of the initial agreement.

June 7, 2017: Nicky Dubois requested an additional $30 prepayment by email to purchase other material but I rejected the request since I started to have doubts regarding his reliability.

Since June 8, 2017: Nicky Dubois promised several times to complete the work, but has never showed up.

Since June June 12, 2017: I have requested a full refund of $200 because the work was never completed.

June 13, 2017: Nicky Dubois has agreed to refund me but has yet to send me the funds.
Updated by BYadollahi, Jul 08, 2017
File a complaint also with the police and office de la protection du consommateur.

Ive also sent a message to revenue Quebec and CRA since he's not charging tax on his invoices.

Finally, post a negative rating on his Facebook page.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Contractors

Comments

N  8th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
The same thing just happened to me but we are out $1, 020. I am so upset as this was a dream of mine to have a gazebo I can sit & relax in since my cancer diagnosis.
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Kari MacMillan Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience.

Get well soon!
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@BYadollahi Did you ever get a reply from him? Thank you :)
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@KMac1711 No, he has ignored all my communication since June 30, 2017.
D  10th of Jul, 2017 by    -1 Votes
CONTRACT WAS NEVER HONORED AND CLIENT WAS CONSTANTLY CHANGING SIZE OF STRUCTURE, BASE AND MATERIALS ARE THERE AND NO LAWYERS OR COURT HAS BEEN FILED LEGALY, PLEASE REMOVE ALL ON GOOGLE.
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Renonikko The people you steal money from shouldn't need a lawyer to get their money back for work NEVER started.

I hope more people come forward about your scam so you can stop your fraudulent activities.
N  12th of Jul, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@BYadollahi IF he spent money on product, they dont get a refund on that. Only on the rest.
N  12th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@mindfulsconfetti I disagree. He texted me all the receipts and confirmed that he returned them all.
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
How was the contract never honoured when you were paid $670 as deposit & another $350 in wood that you said you could get from a friend that owns a backyard lumber company. That wood was to arrive last week, then you said today...shocking but guess what no wood & no refund. Pretty sad when you have to scam hard working people out of their money & to make matters worse a cancer patient. By the way the size of the gazebo was changed once & that was when we met the very first time to discuss the contract. I have filed fraud & theft charges against you & will be proceeding through the court system as well.
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@KMac1711 He used the same arguments with me to delay the work and claim that the materials were coming.

I will gladly be a witness during your hearing to vouch that Nicky Dubois and his company are unethical to ensure that he receives the right consequences for his actions.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree