Renonikko - Nicky Dubois

13A Urselines
Gatineau, Quebec J9H 1R4
renonikko@gmail.com
819-431-9270

June 1, 2017: I contacted Nicky Dubois through a Kijiji ad to build my shed platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois visited my residence to determine the required material to complete the platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois sent me an invoice that included the contructions of a platform and the purchase certain material.

June 6, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois a $40 deposit by email as a part of the agreement to purchase the required material.

June 7, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois an additional $160 prepayment by email to purchase the material which was not part of the initial agreement.

June 7, 2017: Nicky Dubois requested an additional $30 prepayment by email to purchase other material but I rejected the request since I started to have doubts regarding his reliability.

Since June 8, 2017: Nicky Dubois promised several times to complete the work, but has never showed up.

Since June June 12, 2017: I have requested a full refund of $200 because the work was never completed.

June 13, 2017: Nicky Dubois has agreed to refund me but has yet to send me the funds.
Updated by BYadollahi, Jul 08, 2017
File a complaint also with the police and office de la protection du consommateur.

Ive also sent a message to revenue Quebec and CRA since he's not charging tax on his invoices.

Finally, post a negative rating on his Facebook page.
Updated by BYadollahi, Aug 06, 2017
What gives you the right to keep a client's money paid for materials (that you returned or used for another job) after abandoning the contract?
Complaint comments Comments (16)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Contractors
More Renonikko - Nicky Dubois Complaints & Reviews
Renonikko - Nicky Dubois - post holes [1]

Comments

N  8th of Jul, 2017 by    +2 Votes
The same thing just happened to me but we are out $1, 020. I am so upset as this was a dream of mine to have a gazebo I can sit & relax in since my cancer diagnosis.
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Kari MacMillan Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience.

Get well soon!
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@BYadollahi Did you ever get a reply from him? Thank you :)
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@KMac1711 No, he has ignored all my communication since June 30, 2017.
D  10th of Jul, 2017 by    -2 Votes
CONTRACT WAS NEVER HONORED AND CLIENT WAS CONSTANTLY CHANGING SIZE OF STRUCTURE, BASE AND MATERIALS ARE THERE AND NO LAWYERS OR COURT HAS BEEN FILED LEGALY, PLEASE REMOVE ALL ON GOOGLE.
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Renonikko The people you steal money from shouldn't need a lawyer to get their money back for work NEVER started.

I hope more people come forward about your scam so you can stop your fraudulent activities.
N  12th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@mindfulsconfetti I disagree. He texted me all the receipts and confirmed that he returned them all.
N  10th of Jul, 2017 by    +2 Votes
How was the contract never honoured when you were paid $670 as deposit & another $350 in wood that you said you could get from a friend that owns a backyard lumber company. That wood was to arrive last week, then you said today...shocking but guess what no wood & no refund. Pretty sad when you have to scam hard working people out of their money & to make matters worse a cancer patient. By the way the size of the gazebo was changed once & that was when we met the very first time to discuss the contract. I have filed fraud & theft charges against you & will be proceeding through the court system as well.
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@KMac1711 He used the same arguments with me to delay the work and claim that the materials were coming.

I will gladly be a witness during your hearing to vouch that Nicky Dubois and his company are unethical to ensure that he receives the right consequences for his actions.
D  27th of Jul, 2017 by    -2 Votes
no complaints have been filed. work that was agreed was done, no one talks about how they waste contractors time spent ordering and shopping around for materials or how they spend two hours online placing orders at lowes or home depot which is time consuming. when you offer the greatest discounts available, it can take a full day of runninng around to different suppliers and going to their place with a worker well, no one moves for free and gas isn't free either.1 day of shopping and running for materials can cost around $80 to $150 dollars. plus when you give them your contractor discount, which no-one does. funny how so far only 3 people are complaining when i have 100's of other and more satisfied clients.
i think until such slanderous claims are proven and settled, people shouldn't be able to post any such notes against anyone.
N  31st of Aug, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Renonikko You have admitted to keeping the money I paid you for material you later returned. Isn't that proof that you are stealing money from innocent people.

Now that this forum is active and easily accessible from all internet search engines, I hope that other people you lie to will come forward with their story.
A  31st of Aug, 2017 by    +2 Votes
Please contact me with any information you have for Police Investigation of the Fraud ran my Renonikko and Nicky Dubois. He continues advertising his services and defrauding people. email irinatata@yahoo.ca
N  3rd of Sep, 2017 by    +2 Votes
Nicky Dubois and his business Renonikki also recently failed to perform promised renovation services. Nicky asked for cash on an ongoing basis for materials and employee costs; however failed to perform said services and provide for aforementioned materials. This individual and his business clearly have a history of fraudulent business activities as seen by these posts, which accordingly will be undergoing police investigations.

A  19th of Sep, 2017 by    +2 Votes
I as well have been swindled by Nicky Dubois. I sent him money through e-mail for material costing $236.32 and $50.00 for deposit on labour for eavestrough needed on mobile home that my mother lives in. I am a single mother working hard for my money and also taking care of my 82 year old mother's needs. After getting $286.32 out of me he continued to lie and tried to manipulate the rest of the money out of me. This all started 08/01/17. They have since blocked me on facebook and to date have never completed the job. If anyone knows what else can help me recover my money please let me know. e-mail joy.larose@hotmail.com.
A  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Address is 13A Des Ursulines, Aylmer, Qc
Small claims court is a good place; Kijiji also investigates crooks who place ads !
N  16th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Update:
Nickolas Dubois (Nicky Dubois / Renonikko) is currently operating under different name - Carpentry Woodworking.
email - carpenttry.works@gmail.com
Phone - 8195763237
Located in Luskville, QC J0X2G0
Current Kijiji Ad #s: 1313582096, 1305136988, 1305138981, 1313246984
He continues claiming "35 YEARS EXP./GUARANTEED WORKMANSHIP, OLD FASHIONED PRIDE IN CRAFTSMANSHIP..."
The Fraud continues.