Renonikko - Nicky Dubois / undelivered service

13A Urselines
Gatineau, Quebec J9H 1R4
renonikko@gmail.com
[protected]

June 1, 2017: I contacted Nicky Dubois through a Kijiji ad to build my shed platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois visited my residence to determine the required material to complete the platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois sent me an invoice that included the contructions of a platform and the purchase certain material.

June 6, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois a $40 deposit by email as a part of the agreement to purchase the required material.

June 7, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois an additional $160 prepayment by email to purchase the material which was not part of the initial agreement.

June 7, 2017: Nicky Dubois requested an additional $30 prepayment by email to purchase other material but I rejected the request since I started to have doubts regarding his reliability.

Since June 8, 2017: Nicky Dubois promised several times to complete the work, but has never showed up.

Since June June 12, 2017: I have requested a full refund of $200 because the work was never completed.

June 13, 2017: Nicky Dubois has agreed to refund me but has yet to send me the funds.

• Updated by BYadollahi, Jul 08, 2017

File a complaint also with the police and office de la protection du consommateur.

Ive also sent a message to revenue Quebec and CRA since he's not charging tax on his invoices.

Finally, post a negative rating on his Facebook page.

• Updated by BYadollahi, Aug 06, 2017

What gives you the right to keep a client's money paid for materials (that you returned or used for another job) after abandoning the contract?

By
Jun 26, 2017

More Renonikko - Nicky Dubois Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      8th of Jul, 2017

The same thing just happened to me but we are out $1, 020. I am so upset as this was a dream of mine to have a gazebo I can sit & relax in since my cancer diagnosis.

10th of Jul, 2017

@Kari MacMillan Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience.

Get well soon!

• Km
      10th of Jul, 2017

@BYadollahi Did you ever get a reply from him? Thank you :)

11th of Jul, 2017

@KMac1711 No, he has ignored all my communication since June 30, 2017.

10th of Jul, 2017

Contract was never honored and client was constantly changing size of structure, base and materials are there and no lawyers or court has been filed legaly, please remove all on google.

10th of Jul, 2017

@Renonikko The people you steal money from shouldn't need a lawyer to get their money back for work never started.

I hope more people come forward about your scam so you can stop your fraudulent activities.

12th of Jul, 2017

@mindfulsconfetti I disagree. He texted me all the receipts and confirmed that he returned them all.

• Km
      10th of Jul, 2017

How was the contract never honoured when you were paid $670 as deposit & another $350 in wood that you said you could get from a friend that owns a backyard lumber company. That wood was to arrive last week, then you said today...shocking but guess what no wood & no refund. Pretty sad when you have to scam hard working people out of their money & to make matters worse a cancer patient. By the way the size of the gazebo was changed once & that was when we met the very first time to discuss the contract. I have filed fraud & theft charges against you & will be proceeding through the court system as well.

11th of Jul, 2017

@KMac1711 He used the same arguments with me to delay the work and claim that the materials were coming.

I will gladly be a witness during your hearing to vouch that Nicky Dubois and his company are unethical to ensure that he receives the right consequences for his actions.

27th of Jul, 2017

no complaints have been filed. work that was agreed was done, no one talks about how they waste contractors time spent ordering and shopping around for materials or how they spend two hours online placing orders at lowes or home depot which is time consuming. when you offer the greatest discounts available, it can take a full day of runninng around to different suppliers and going to their place with a worker well, no one moves for free and gas isn't free either.1 day of shopping and running for materials can cost around $80 to $150 dollars. plus when you give them your contractor discount, which no-one does. funny how so far only 3 people are complaining when i have 100's of other and more satisfied clients.
    i think until such slanderous claims are proven and settled, people shouldn't be able to post any such notes against anyone.

31st of Aug, 2017

@Renonikko You have admitted to keeping the money I paid you for material you later returned. Isn't that proof that you are stealing money from innocent people.

Now that this forum is active and easily accessible from all internet search engines, I hope that other people you lie to will come forward with their story.

31st of Aug, 2017

Please contact me with any information you have for Police Investigation of the Fraud ran my Renonikko and Nicky Dubois. He continues advertising his services and defrauding people. email irinatata@yahoo.ca

3rd of Sep, 2017

Nicky Dubois and his business Renonikki also recently failed to perform promised renovation services. Nicky asked for cash on an ongoing basis for materials and employee costs; however failed to perform said services and provide for aforementioned materials. This individual and his business clearly have a history of fraudulent business activities as seen by these posts, which accordingly will be undergoing police investigations.

19th of Sep, 2017

I as well have been swindled by Nicky Dubois. I sent him money through e-mail for material costing $236.32 and $50.00 for deposit on labour for eavestrough needed on mobile home that my mother lives in. I am a single mother working hard for my money and also taking care of my 82 year old mother's needs. After getting $286.32 out of me he continued to lie and tried to manipulate the rest of the money out of me. This all started 08/01/17. They have since blocked me on facebook and to date have never completed the job. If anyone knows what else can help me recover my money please let me know. e-mail joy.larose@hotmail.com.

• Li
      18th of Oct, 2017

Address is 13A Des Ursulines, Aylmer, Qc
    Small claims court is a good place; Kijiji also investigates crooks who place ads !

16th of Nov, 2017

Court Case against Nickolas Dubois (Nicky Dubois / Renonikko) is currently in progress in Gatineau. Case # 550-32-700530-170.
    Also The Canadian Anti Fraud Centre was contacted. See the Response.
    Anybody with similar information is welcome to contact us at irinatata@yahoo.ca.

16th of Nov, 2017

Update:
    Nickolas dubois (nicky dubois / renonikko) is currently operating under different name - carpentry woodworking.
    Email - carpenttry. works@gmail.com
    Phone - 8195763237
    Located in luskville, qc j0x2g0
    Current kijiji ad #s: 1313582096, 1305136988, 1305138981, 1313246984
    He continues claiming "35 years exp./guaranteed workmanship, old fashioned pride in craftsmanship..."
    The fraud continues.

22nd of Nov, 2017

We have opened the police investigation of the fraud committed by Nicholas Dubois (different spelling of the first name, but the same person), operating under the "Carpenttry.works" company name, which is not registered in Quebec.
    Case # 17-63728, phone: 819-246-0222, ext. 1652, police officer Kevin Lagrange, address : 590 boulevard Greber, Aylmer.
    Please contact the police to claim that you was the victims of this fraudulent contractor. To continue investigation, police required confirmation that there are multiple cases.
    Please contact me at: anna.valery.s@gmail.com with any information. Thank you!
    Anna S

27th of Dec, 2017

Update:
    Official fraud criminal investigation is in progress against nickolas dubois.

Anybody welcome to contact with relevant information:
    Bruno larocque, sergent-détective / bureau des enquêtes criminelles
    7, chemin edelweiss, la pêche (qc) j0x 3g0
    Courriel : blafleurlarocque@mrcdescollines.com
    Téléphone : 819-459-2422 poste 3234

Due to the large size of the fraud (over $5000) nickolas dubois is potentially liable to a maximum sentence of 14 years imprisonment (section 380 (1) (a) criminal code).

Current kijiji ads:

35 yrs exp./ guaranteed workmanship
    We cover all your exrom shingles/tar and gravel/modterior cladding and more...
    F-bit/more
    Siding/brick and stone/stucco/more
    Old fashioned pride in craftsmanship/detailed invoicing
    View some pics of previous work.

35 plus yrs. exp/renovations/carpentry/more
    From foundation to roof, basement to attic, we cover all your project needs.
    Additions/modifications/renovations/repairs
    View some pics/guaranteed workmanship
    Detailed invoicing/e-mail quotes
    Discounts on materials and labor available
    Let us handle your renovation projects from start to finish!!!

35 years exp./guaranteed workmanship
    We clear all vents and valleys of snow and ice enablling your roofing system to perform properly during this harsh winter season. when vents and such are blocked it prevents everything from working properly. we clear all areas allowing everything to perform properly.
    We also handle emergency repairs and storm damage. call us 24/7
    Top rates/guaranteed workmanship.
    View some pics/email quotes available

1319432062
    35 yrs. exp/retired individual/former house builder
    Quality old fashioned pride in workmanship
    From foundation to roof I have you covered
    Shingles/mod-bit/tar and gravel

35 years exp./guaranteed workmanship
    Carpentry/roofing/siding/repairs
    We repair all your exterior systems from foundation to roof.
    Big or small we repair them all.
    Additions/renovations/repairs
    Call for free e-mail quot

30th of Dec, 2017

Update:
    Further our application, Gatineau police has started another investigation on Nicholas fraud. You can contact officer Michele Labelle ( please see her info below) to add your case to the pattern she sees now.

Ville de Gatineau
    Gatineau (Québec) J8P 7H3
    Téléphone: 819 243-2345, ext6022
    Télécopieur : 819 243-2365
    labelle.michelle@gatineau.ca

So it seems that there are 2 investigation on the go:) I will let Michele and Bruno know about each other.

• In
      11th of Jan, 2018

This supposedly contractor made a contract took a deposit of $700 for a job he never started and it's now at large his name is Nicholas Dubois 1968, 50 years old
    He wears a black toque and black jacket he is missing his 4 front teeth ( no I didn't knock them out) lives in Quebec Luskville apparently. But we tacked his address to 13 A rue des Ursulines.
    Driving a grey Ford van without a driving licence.
    Attempting to work in Ontario without work permit, tax number nor building permit from the city of Ottawa.
    Manic Renovations can we diseminate so people don't get robbed by him also? It is basically theft. Let's try to catch this [censor], share share share. He closed his FB account.
    Help the police catch him.

• Ni
      9th of Mar, 2018

@InvestigationsOttawa His Facebook is once again active, I wonder whats his add now...

• Ni
      10th of Aug, 2018

He is still active and defrauding people.
    Are there any details on the open cases?
    Can anybody confirm his address is still 13 A rue des Ursulines. I would like to serve him small claims court documents (not that I expect my $ to ever be returned).

Thanks for this thread, and keep spreading the word!