Raven Media / Scam and rip off!

Phone: 866-370-7270

A few days after searching for grants for school on line, I received a call from 'Mike' offering to send me a packet of info explaining how to get FREE grant money! What a relief! I need help to complete my degree! 'Mike', who was obviously born somewhere where they don't name their children 'Mike', gave me a lengthy and convincing description of how his legitimate company was going to help me. It ended with 'All you have to pay is $1.99 for shipping the info to you.' He needed a card #.

Thankfully, I was reluctant and since I was sitting in front of my pc I Googled his co. name and the first thing I got was 'RipOff'--I informed 'Mike' of my findings and to my surprise he remained calm and stuck to his story and politely let me go.

Thank you, thank you to [redacted] and to those of you who took the time to file a report! You saved at least one low income, single mom from these people.

Va

Comments

• Ry
      14th of Feb, 2008

To address your concern about our company being a scam - that is not true. We've been in business for over 7 years. If you'll notice, we make every effort to respond to every complaint to our customer's full satisfaction. If we were a scam, we would not care what was being posted on online complaint boards. Unfortunately, online complaint boards are an open forums where anyone can say anything they'd like about anyone or any company without any substantiation.

This CD based Grant Program is designed to help customers Locate Grants, Find Grant Applications, Write Grant Proposals, and assist them with anything else that may be needed in the process of obtaining grant funding. The CD offers the ability to search for grants by keyword(s), in up to 5 simultaneous categories. This program is supplemented by a member's site, this site offers access to live chat support for assistance with any part of the application and proposal process or questions pertaining to the CD or the member's site. Also access to one of the largest grant data bases you can find anywhere. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and in the confirmation/thank you email, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We do not charge customers that call customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you feel that we have failed you in some way please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,