Puppies 234.com / disease

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a morkie from puppies234.com. She cost $480 plus a $100 delivery fee. When the puppy arrived at 10p.m. on a saturday, the delivery woman told us that they had been driving since 4 a.m that day and had 28 deliveries. Our puppy was the last delivery. They had said we would get the vet certification of the shots and vaccines. All we received was the certification of the breeder. That night the puppy was extremely larthagic and would NOT eat or drink. Around 2 a.m. the puppy started throwing up. We assumed it was because of the long drive. The next morning, again, she would not eat or drink and continued to throw up. We called the breeder and told her the situation and she said that it was normal but in a stern and rude voice told her to get pedialyte and force feed her. We did everything she said and at 11 a.m. we called the vet and they told us to bring her in immediatly. The vet tested her for parvo and said if she was tested that it would be positive either way. The test came back negative and the breeder's certification said she was vaccinated 5 days ago. The puppy was then hooked up to IV and stayed at the vet over night for four nights. We then got the puppy back and did not have her for a full day when we had to bring her back to the vet because of high fever and extreme lathargy. $1100 later, the vet gave her what he called a "miracle shot, " and said that she had distemper. He also said the puppy was clearly sick before she arrived at our home. Distemper is highly contagious and passes air born. While this was going on we frequently called the breeder and told her about the vet and what he said. Several times she screamed and acted immature when we stated the Puppy Lemon Law says if the puppy is sick within ten days of delivery, the breeder has to pay the vet bill. She has said that she will NOT pay the bill and the vet is "screwing us over." She also has hung up on us several times. Finally, when we called about the vet bills we asked for the name of her company and her lisence number, and she would not tell us either. The price for the puppies are very cheap and yes, adorable, but you will end up paying the price for them later on. PUPPIES 234 ARE A PUPPY MILL AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE DOGS. THEY ARE OFFENSIVE AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS.

Comments

• Qf
      1st of Feb, 2009

Next time get a pet from your local shelter.

20th of Feb, 2009

Lady you are a big fat liar !! distemper my butt !!
    go on their website, your vet info is on their and the vet says your lying. Its a shame that you have ruined them selling yorkies anymore. Your ignorant and no wonder finding a toy breed pup is hard to do. Cause of buyers like you. If you and your family are attorneys like their website states, well let me tell you Attorneys are at the top of the list as being liars, thiefs and skeezer ###. When they call your behavior bully-like, I agree. I'm sorry but i know these people and they are not what you claim. I will continue to give out their website to anyone I meet that is looking for a puppy. I got wonderful puppies from these people and so have my friends and family. Seriously though, If you look up every puppy website and every kennel and most breeders you can find their names and addresses on sites like this cause people that breed dogs get no respect. I though about getting into it once, but would never, I am too scaird of the buyers.

• Sz
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Having a pet is a responsibility. You have to do your homework and prepare to do some work, like for instance feeding your puppy and giving it something to drink. Sometime they just don't want to eat in the new place and you need to use some tricks or find something that it would eat. Starving poor baby to death, because you are too lazy to take care of new puppy and than running up the vet bills, is not the answer.
    Some people should not have pets.

24th of Feb, 2009

I purchased a puppy from this site one week after this poster. We also purchased a Morkie. This however is where the similarities end. I had a wonderful experience with the breeders delivery people and of course the puppy. He ate and drank right away and after a trip to the vet was found to be completely healthy and up to date on all shots. I find it hard to believe after such wonderful dealings with these breeders that it is impossible that your story is true!

• Wi
      9th of Mar, 2009

yep I totally agree... there is only people on here complaing about not being able to get past the operator to buy a puppy.

None of these folks on here actually bought a puppy from them and the ones on here that "did" are saying very nice things about them.

Theres only two peole on here complaining about a puppy they bought,
    1. being the dog got too big but they were told it would ???? so exactly what is their complaint ?
    2. some crazy lady that lied about everything and if you go to their website...they tell their side of the story and give out the other buyer names and the vets name...personally the lady, the attorney is a liar !! yeah all attorney are liars !!

These people spent 1 hour on the phone with my mother helping her with a behavior problem she was having with her current dog ( not purchased from them but a pet store) Their advice worked and my mother is a happy camper.

Puppymillers do not know anything about dog behavior, these people do and they share alot of their time just helping people with their doggy problems. Like my poodle who keeps biting at her skin, they helped me stop her and her hair grew back and amen !!

30th of Mar, 2009

I got a puppie from them back in Dec, My dog is so cute, lovable and happy the Vet even ask me where I got Eil because he was so inpressed with how good he was, Yes the first couple of days are hard for some dogs but you have to take the time to make sure their eating and drinking. I can only say wonderful things about Puppies234 they are OK in my book and I have told many people about their site. Thanks for everything Puppies234. Anne

• Lo
      24th of Jun, 2009

Buyers beware. Look at how many refunds she has given. I know personally that this "Dee" person is a horrible liar. If people were lying about the puppies they received from Puppies234.com why would you refund them the money. Dee Collela, you are a liar and you will get your day for doing this to people and trying to mud sling their names.
    Have a great day!
    PS How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicingeEVIL ONE!

• Il
      30th of Jun, 2009

I too purchased a Morkie from puppies234.com in January 2009. My puppy appeared to be happy and healthy - she showed no signs of being sick. When we took her to get spayed, her bloodwork showed that her liver enyme count was elevated. My vet tested her again a month later after she had time to recuperate and her count had tripled. Then my vet did an X-ray and found that her liver was smaller than normal. She then performed a Bile Acid test which confirmed an abnormality in her liver. She suspected a liver shunt and recommended us to take our baby to a specialist. They performed a sonogram which confirmed the worse - she indeed has a "congenital liver shunt". Liver shunts are considered hereditary in Yorkie/Yorkie mixes and Maltese/Maltese breeds. Symptoms of congenital PSS usually appear by six months of age and include failure to gain weight, vomiting, and signs of hepatic encephalopathy (a condition where toxins normally removed by the liver accumulate in the blood and impair the function of brain cells) such as seizures, depression, tremors, drooling, and head pressing. Urate bladder stones may form because of increased amounts of uric acid in circulation and excreted by the kidneys. Initial diagnosis of PSS is through laboratory bloodwork showing either elevated serum bile acids after eating or elevation of fasting blood ammonia levels, which has been shown to have a higher sensitivity and specificity than the bile acids test. Sometimes the puppy shows no symtoms until it is too late to save their lives. If you own this breed, please have it tested. We may not have found out until it was too late for our puppy if it hadn't been for our vet picking up on this in her bloodwork. I reported my puppies condition to this group and I have been through hell and back dealing with them. All they care about is that my belief is different from theirs. I have been told that I been lied, that I called names, that I personally attacked character, I was told to watch what I say because they have won slander lawsuits in the past and have more pending, I was told that they have a feeling that all I wanted to hear was that they would pay my puppies medical bills, I was told that if I don't want to burden myself with all of these problems and expense - than I can euthanize my puppy - she can be peaceful and content and so can we. I could go on an on, but this put the icing on the cake! To even suggest that I euthanize a puppy that I have taken care of, fallen in love with - what kind of people are you! I never once asked them for money for anything! I have it in writing many times that I was not asking them for money! I felt I had an obligation to let these people know that I bought a puppy with a liver shunt. I asked if they Bile Acid test their pups before selling them and I don't even want to go into that whole ordeal. They have their beliefs and, for very obvious reasons, I have mine. All I was hoping for was that the other owners of this litter would be informed and that the breeder check the parents of my puppy to make sure they did not have liver shunts. This group needs to understand that there are honest people out there that just want what's best for their puppy. They should be happy that there are people out there that take care of the puppies they sell. My advice to anyone dealing with them, never talk on the phone, email them, this way you have a paper trail. I can back up everything that I have said - everything is in a file. I have said nothing false or malicious to anyone. They offered me a refund - I didn't want their money - but my husband said this refund would at least pay part of the $500 in testing that we have had done. The surgery is $3500 and we are struggling to come up with this but we love our puppy and if this surgery gives her the slightest chance of a long and healthy life, we will sacrifice. We don't believe in suing people - we would rather spend our money on getting our puppy well. I can't eat - I can't sleep - the mental anguish I am experiencing is unnecessary. You should not be treated this way for reporting a sick puppy and voicing your opinion about testing. I have a right to be angry - I was sold a sick puppy - this could have been avoided. I should have spent $1000 for a puppy that was Bile Acid testing - I would have had a better chance of having a healthy puppy and I would be $3000 dollars richer. I wouldn't trade my precious angel for any other dog in the world - we love her so very much. Puppies234.com - don't forget, dogs are God's creations too! Please pray for my baby - she gets operated on July 8th.

• He
      15th of Jul, 2009

Our little Morkie, Heidi, had her surgery to correct her congenital extrahepatic liver shunt on July 8th. We are so happy to say that she survived surgery and the 5 day waiting period in which she could have suffered a fatal seizure. We have to take her to get her stitches out on July 24th. She is on a special, no protein, diet for 2 month. She also has to take 2 different medicines for the next couple of months. We have to have her Bile Acids tested in 6-8 weeks to see if the surgery was a success. If is wasn't, then we have to do it all over again. We had the best surgeon at the Veterinary Emergency Center in Wilmington, DE. Our surgeon flew out from Washington to do the surgery. He had performed around 150 liver surgeries, so we were confident that she was in good hands. They kept her in the hospital for two nights - we really missed her. They called us 2-3 times each day to let us know how Heidi was doing. We have the best vets here on the East Coast and we are so thankful for all of the wonderful care our puppy has received. They only charged us $2300 for the surgery instead of the original quote of $2700 - $3700. I think they felt so bad for us and they just loved Heidi. The were just wonderful. Her special food and her medicine are expensive, but we don't care - we are just so happy that she has a chance to live a normal, happy life. After we lost our Benji on New Year's Eve, we felt that us getting Heidi was our gift from God. We now realize that we were God's gift to her. Thank goodness we helped her and took care of her - we did not euthanize her as suggested to me.

• Vi
      16th of Jul, 2009

SO happy to hear Heidi is well! Yes, despite being victims of puppies234.com, we have to be grateful for our wonderful dogs. They cost us a fortune but are worth it.

• Ho
      18th of Aug, 2009

Hey Marge Simpson, you sound like Dee Colella, haha, simularities are uncanny!!!

• Ni
      28th of Sep, 2009

Puppies234 sold me a sick puppy sick with the Mange.
    When I called them about it they were rude and accused me of being negligent.
    I wanted them to notify the other people they had sold puppies too--because Mange is contagious. Do not buy from puppies234.They give good breeders a bad reputaion.

6th of Oct, 2009

I purchased a peek a poo one year ago from Puppies234. Sandy is a happy and healthy puppy. She loves to play and romp around the house. At night she will curl up on my lap and watch TV. When I called Puppies234 to inquire about Sandy no one was rude. The conversation was polite and professional. Time was taken to answer all my questions and advise was offered. My experience w/ Puppies234 was great.

Cheri R

• Sy
      7th of Oct, 2009

i had such such terrible experience with puppies234.com in my whole life. when i called about their puppies, i was very very polit and soft asking the lady(i bet she is Dee), may i ask you a question why he(the one i'm interested in) is on the website for so long, is he sick? i don't want to offend her, i asked really nicely.
    but you know what? she started yelling and screaming at me:so many people asked same question. yes, right, we sell sick, unhealthy puppies, is that what you wanna hear, i gotta go" and she hung up my phone. i was holding my phone and still haven't figure out what is going on ? so i call her right back, she just pick the phone up and immediately hung up. i call again, she did the thing again, so i call again. i just wanna say sorry for the question i asked. finally she answer "if you call again, i will call the police" my goodness, i never ever meet someone like that. maybe that's dump question to ask, but that is really what i concern of. i don't wanna end up spending a lot $for vet visiting.
    yes, i agree, their puppies is so cute and price is so low. i just wish she can be nicer. very very mean and rude.

• Sy
      7th of Oct, 2009

Dee is so so so mean and rude to me too. but i agree their puppies is cute. i like to buy their puppies from their breeders but not through Dee...witches. does any one know who else i can call?? thank you thank you

• Ge
      29th of Oct, 2009

Thanks to those of you for rescuing these pups. I encountered Dee she is rude. BUT I fell in love with my puppy and I just hope he is healthy and happy.

• Lo
      1st of Dec, 2009

I got a puppy from them as well.
    She got sick after the first day but not eating is SO NORMAL for small dogs. I cared for her, force fed her for a few days and took her to the vet (who said it was normal as well). She turned out fine. At the first sign of her throwing up and not eating I took action and syringed food and pedialyte in her.

She is healthy and the best puppy and I know if I were to buy another puppy I'd get it from there or a shelter.
    The lady was not the nicest, seemed a little rough but who cares. You have to expect that a puppy that small will prolly get sick from stress and any underlying worm or whatever that would be dormant (and is very normal in kennels) may come out if stressed a lot or if not taken care of properly.
    Puppies are work! Come on!

• Ll
      29th of Mar, 2010

Ask Dee which business school she graduated from...

• Lm
      2nd of Apr, 2010

Well I also purchased a puppy from puppies234.com only a week ago, and I have to shout it out that it has really really been a roller coaster ride. Well this is a story that is to long for this website, but all I have to say is the puppy is only one day away from a week of being in my home and have shown signs of being ill. I have already put out approx. $423.00 in 4 damn DAYS of vet visits, which is money out of my own pocket, so I am desperate to find some doggy insurance immediately, but I want to make sure no (LEGAL) matters will have to take place.
    I am not on this site to slander, but all the rude and (UNPROFESSIONAL) behavior is not called for. This is suppose to be (BUSINESS) (NOT) (PERSONAL), so please please take note, if a business intends to continue to do business the staff needs to behave in a more (PROFESSIONAL) manner. Remember the (PEOPLE) are the ones who make the business, but if you are rude to your customers you might find your company in business anymore get my point.

• Lm
      2nd of Apr, 2010

**Had to make a correction>>>>>>>>>>>>(Remember the (PEOPLE) are the ones who make the business, but if you are rude to your customers you might find your company (NO LONGER) in business get my point.