P.R.S. 6025 Sandy Springs Cir Ne #318 Atlanta, Ga / 1-888-279-9221 / Beware of this scam!

I received a post card from P.R.S. 6025 Sandy Springs Cir Ne #318 Atlanta, Ga 30328. It said that they have good news and to call them at [protected]... I called just to see what it was and they kept asking me for my bank information. I would not give them anything, you cant trust people now a days and not knowing who they were exactly made me edgy. They kept switching me from person to person saying the exact same thing and then trying to get me to pay shipping and handling for my prize. I would not budge and insisted that I was not going to give any information. They then pretty much hung up on me. I called my bank and got all new cards. I also saw that there was a former complaint on complaints.com about someone having money taken out of their account by them. Just wanted to let everyone know to watch out for this. Apparently no one can be trusted nowadays.

Comments

30th of Aug, 2007

I received a post card today in the mail as well. I was curious and I called thinking that they might have been a bill collector. I called and the first thing they ask is "Did you receive a post card from us?" I said yes, and they asked for the MM number on the front of the card. I gave it to them. Then the guy asked for my name. I asked who this was, and the guy hung up on me. I called back, a female answered. After asking the female several times what company this was, she said that this was about a prize that I won. I told her no thank you and hung up. I immediately went online to look this company up, and I came across this complaint.

• Na
      12th of Sep, 2007

so whats the real deal about this? i got it too i have no collectors after me are they crooks?

• Gr
      25th of Sep, 2007

I received a postcard today, also. "We Have Good News!!" Based on complaints I have read here, I will NOT call them.

Why aren't these creeps in jail yet? And what losers would work for a place like that?

• Se
      28th of Sep, 2007

I just got one of these today. I'm going to contact my state Attorney General. Obviously, I will not call the number.

• Mu
      19th of Oct, 2007

These people actually called me and said that Visa had a private contest and that I was automatically entered b/c I had a Visa Card. They told me i won a prize and being the idiot i am, I gave them my information. Now I realize that it was all a scam and changed my information w/o telling them. Just a week ago I received a bill from them saying that I need to pay or they'll ruin my credit. Can they really do that?

• Co
      20th of Oct, 2007

This is ridiculous. Why aren't these people in jail? How in the hell are they getting away with this? Just goes to show how hard our government cracks down on things of this matter... Its one thing if you are doing small things online where you cant get caught but now people like this are getting gutsy enough to send out post cards all over the country and actually have people to answer a phone and ask you for your bank information...

• Ra
      4th of Nov, 2007

They took my info and took my money. I would like it back, is there anyway to do this?

• Al
      8th of Nov, 2007

How did they receive our information? What do they already have access to? Has anyone here filed a complaint with BBB? I'm going to start with them, and then my local news.

• Ha
      9th of Nov, 2007

I just got a postcard from them. The thing is I just moved here and have only gave this address to my bank. How in the world did they get this info. I work close with the area police department because of my job and this is definitely going to be brought up and pursued.

• Ju
      19th of Nov, 2007

I just received a postcard also.. Thank you for the helpful information I will not call... but who should I call to let people know about this, and get these people in trouble???

• Le
      20th of Nov, 2007

I had a missed call on my cell phone and I wanted to know who it is.. since I didn't recognize the phone number and I came upon this... now I know and I will be on the look out...

• Be
      21st of Nov, 2007

The BBB processed a total of 32 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. ---from the better business bureauwebsite. This company is a fraudulent sweepstakes/magazine company. Steer clear, these people are the filth of the filth. Complete slimeballs that intend to suck the life out of anyone ignorant enough to consent to it.

30th of Nov, 2007

I signed up for this. Then realized something was really fishy. The people I spoke to were talking ridiculously fast. There was shouting in the background. And they were not very clear about what was being sold to me for my FREE VACATION I JUST WON. I figured whatever. I would order the magazines, take the free vacation and just cancel the magazines if I don't like them. The "manager" I talked to told me I would just have to pay $40 bucks one time only for 60 months worth for 7 different magazines. I thought WOW, what a deal, PLUS A FREE VACATION. They also were claiming to be with Discover Card.

Did some research and came across this crap. I called next morning. They record bits and pieces of the conversation you had to make it sound like you agreed to something of which you really didn't (or perhaps did without knowing the full story). They told me they could not cancel and replayed the recording in which I agreed. I said promptly that the recording was altered and only recorded bits and pieces and. There was no vacation. There was only 40 bucks a month for the next 2 years out my ### to these idiots.

There is a machine in the background that asks you questions, but while it was asking me question the sales rep I talked to during the sign up process was making sure to talk while the machine was going so I could not hear everything. They use software so in the recording does not catch the sales rep talking over the machine voice asking you the questions.

After listening to all of this and being told I could not get out of it, because of what I agreed to I simply stated some threats. I said I know there is software out there that can tamper with records and only catch bits and pieces and edit out certain aspects. The lady over the phone said that they did not use such software. I said I didn't believe you. Then she said "but we just listened to the recording twice." Then I said that I did some research, found you guys are pulling ### out of your ### and there are forums and complaints all across google about the exact same situation I am, where the recording were not full recordings, etc. Then I said I will not hesitate to take this to a dispute with Discover. She promptly said everything will be canceled.

I then called Discover to check if it was. Since the transaction was only a authorization and not a credit I would have to wait 5 days to see if it will be posted or not. I then made sure to get the id# and name of the discover agent I just called to verify this. I then recalled this PRS ### company, made sure I got a different representative and asked if my subscription was canceled. She said yes it was. I made sure to get her ID# and name as well.

In 5 days. I will find out if it really was or not. I believe it was, because usually a dollar or so is taken out of your credit line (in this case 3 bucks!!) for an authorization. When I went back and checked my credit line it went from 1275 to 1278, making me believe the authorization was dropped.

Make sure to be forward with them to get out of this. Make sure you tell them you know what is really going on. Make sure to act immediately and not half a year later or YOU WILL OWE THEM THE MONEY UP UNTIL THAT POINT.

The longer you wait, the more it will hurt you.

CAll 1-800-251-7834 for speak to a sales rep of P.R.S. Of course they will play the recording and haggle you, just make sure to be just as aggressive and make sure you tell them you know what is really going on.

• G
      3rd of Dec, 2007

I got the post card too. Those lazy ###s deserve to burn alive in their invisible cubicals, followed by an eternity of pyramid scheme lectures in hell.

10th of Dec, 2007

Got the same card.. since something that seems to be too good to be true IS NOT TRUE. checked it here before curiosity got the best of me.. Ripped the card to pieces and thanks for this incredible information.

• Rj
      17th of Dec, 2007

I received the same post card. I'm glad i got on the internet to see what it's all about. Please in the future continue to post on things like this. Some people don't know and they give information not knowing its really a scam.

• Me
      18th of Dec, 2007

I also got a post card and phone calls from this P.R.S company...they told me I won a $1000 shopping spree, when I told them I didn't want the magazine subscriptions that came with is for only 3.95 per week, they put me on hold for about ten min, when I called back they put me on hold again, then i called back AGAIN (too much free time at work) and they just HUNG UP ON ME... DAMN SCAMMERS... BEWARE... I plan to call again and get some more info on who the heck they are!

• Ti
      20th of Dec, 2007

I got the post card today. Thanks for posting this. Now I know to just toss it.

• De
      20th of Dec, 2007

I received the card today and being curious, called. I talked to someone but didn't really get any information. The story to me was that if I paid $3.68 per month, I would get 6 magazines and a $1,000 shopping spree. I told her I'd call her back if that was possible and she seemed really nice about it. She gave me her name and everything so I could let them know she'd talked to me... Then I immediately went online to look for this company so I could figure out what the catch was. This site was actually more difficult to find than I suspected. I do agree that this needs to end though.

• Gr
      21st of Dec, 2007

I received a postcard today, but luckily it was after their business hours. Curiosity got the better of me, and I found this site. Thanks for posting your horror stories to keep other unsuspecting folks safe. The card is getting shredded.