Pressler & Pressler / Harassment

Pressler & Pressler
Pressler & Pressler/ Pallisades Collection LLC has been coming after me for numerous debts that I supposedly owe since 2004. At first, being naive, I paid off one debt in full and am $800 away from paying off a (2nd) $6000 debt. In March 2009, my joint bank account was levied in the amount of $1200 for a (3rd) debt that I allegedly owe from the birth of my son in the year 2000. I was on Medicaid at the time but Medicaid no longer has records from the year 2000 so I can not prove it. Being that I can't prove that I was on Medicaid I entered into a payment arrangement with P&P in the amount of $100 per month that was supposed to start on 4/25/09.

Today, 4/22/09, I logged into my bank account only to find that it was once again levied by P&P. I called and they can't figure out why it was levied because we have a payment agreement in place. They are going to try to 'figure out' what happened. Now, when I got home from work today, I received a notice that I'm being sued by them AGAIN for another (4th) debt that I allegedly owe to Verizon from the year 2002. I really don't know what to do anymore. I honestly can't take this anymore and am pretty much on the verge of a breakdown at this point! How can these people keep coming after me again and again for any little thing they dig up from the past? How can I stop them?

A  29th of May, 2010 by
A similar thing happened to me. Frozen accounts, taking money from my account ...TWICE!!! ignoring any & all payments made, priar to!... I can't afford a lawyer, ...so I guess, I'm S.C.R.E.W.E.D.! I'd appreciate any and all advice.
N  10th of Jan, 2011 by
Demand in writing proof of the debt. Sample letter

Your Name

Creditors Name

Re: Collectors name Acct# Original Creditor:

To whom it may concern:

This letter is being sent to you in regards to a phone call I received on (Date). Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay (collection agency name) for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to (collection agency's name):
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract (collection agency name) purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between (collection agency name and name of original creditor) and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to (collection agency name) for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that (collection agency) is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of New Jersey.
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims (collection agency name) is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If (collection agency's name) can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the (collection Agency's name). If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.

Best Regards,