Potter Scott And Associates / Fraudulent calls

1 24 Browncroft Blvd. Rochester, NY 14609United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.888.751.2635

Potter Scott And Associates keep calling me and claiming that they are in possession of several documents that are needed to be served and during our conversation they called me defendant. Those calls keep coming for months now even though I’ve asked them to stop.

Di
May 26, 2013

Comments

• Na
      16th of Jan, 2014

This company called my place of business and claimed that they will come and arrest me and 2 have 2 pieces of identification available. Then they tried to contact my manager etc. I have been told to ignore them but they call constantly and finally found my work number. I want to get it in writing that they are not to call this number ever.

• So
      20th of Mar, 2014

On 03/20/2014, I received a call on my cell phone. I didn't answer the call due to caller id showing the number as restricted. The caller left a message stating they were the state of Texas legal department, calling for my ex brother in law, about 3 complaints filed against him for fraud and asking for a return call to 855-230-2486 referencing a case #. I returned their call at the above number (855-230-2486) which stated the company name of Potter, Scott and Associates. A Robert Ross then answered my call and informed me that I was named as a co-payer/co-signer of an online loan dated June 14, 2012, that had been taken out in my ex brother in law's name and that I was legally responsible for this debt of $4590.30. He went on to tell me my date of birth and my social security number which were correct and what was supposed to be my address which was incorrect. He then told me I could pay a 'victim restitution fee' of $236.00 which would remove my name from the aforementioned loan and legally absolve me. He gave me his direct phone number to call him back on, 214-666-5182 ext. 202. I did call him back and informed him that I was filing official complaints to the following offices: Wyoming Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Texas Attorney General, and the F.B.I., at which he was surprised and a little rude. He then informed me that I would be receiving legal documentation regarding my responsibility to the aforementioned debt. For the record, I have never agreed to act as a co-signer/co-payer for any online loans, nor would I ever agree to such a thing! I believe this company is operating illegally and that this was a form of extortion.