Peoples First Financial / Loan Modification Fraud

1 6755 Mira Mesa Blvd Suite 123-425San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: Toll Free: (888) 499-0822

I received several calls from Peoples First Financial regarding assistance with loan modification with my lender Countrywide; I fanally agreed to contract with them to represent in getting a loan modification with countrywide. I have been working with a Mr. Robert D Hansen who assured me that they work with countrywide a lot and will be able to get my loan modified, and that I should not contact them until the modification goes through.

Some 13 weeks into the contract and some $2000.00 taken from my account ( I have proof) and after repeated emails to Robert and numerous phone calls to Peoples First Financial, I finally received a corespondence from Countrywide saying that they are going to foreclose on me. Coutrywide has no knowledge of Peoples First Financial contacting them to represent us.

I am still calling Peoples First Financial to have them refund my $2000.00 back to no avail; I have called them exactly 22 times and have spoken to two people the last being Ruth who sent me to speak to a Derick Souquah a supervisor who has his voice mail on for ever. They do not return calls and refuse to reply to my numerous emails even when I flag a read receipt on my emails they will read and not reply.

Like other evil thieves out there they are cunningly preying on victims with mortgage issues.

Please please beware of Peoples First Financial, I plan to seek legal action from a legal pool I belong to at my job, and will write and publish to as many sites as I can.

Comments

15th of Dec, 2008

These people tell you that they are going to help you. They sink you. They take money out of your account and you spend more time on the phone trying to reach them and they are always occupied. they don't answer emails. They are quick to collect money for their service. if you are one of the so called lucky ones to get someone to work there they get the bank to lower the payments by $200.00 and the bank wants a contribution MONEY that you don't have" to help you" or they will foreclose. They take you for a ride take your money which you don't have cause if you had it you won't be in the situation in which you are. The Banks got bailed out but want to sink you . Peoples First helps them sink you deeper

• So
      15th of Dec, 2008

if you want to save your home do not talk to peoples first financial they lie about everything they say, empty promises they promised to get my rates dropped within 2 months or return my money $2500 to me guaranteed this has been since june i called my mortgage company and they havent even heard about them, ihave arecorded conversation with one of thier adviser DERRICK and he basically said he will never return my money back to me, no phones from them or emails he thinks its the end of it i called my local TV and radio station i will play over the conversation i recorded with him if it takes 20yrs for me to get my money back.

• So
      26th of Dec, 2008

how can some one take $2500 from you for over 6 months and not return a single phone call from you, how do peoples first financial justify that, derrick fuqua told me he will never return my money to me including other things he said which i have recorded i plan on taking legal action against them i have proof on tape, because when i spoke to kevin wilcox he told me they will get my rates modified in 2 months or i get my money back well its been 7 months my mortgage company havent even heard about them.derrick this to you if you think you can hide behind a phone and call people names, i will keep playing the conversation we had which i recorded all 45 minutes of it till i get my money back.may be you start listening to the radio you might hear youself.

3rd of Mar, 2009

I got ripped off by these fools at peoples first financial, $2500.00. I have called citimortgage and asked if Peoples first financial have talked to them, Citi has not heard from them in over 5 months. Peoplesfirst are rip off, I going to pay a visit to them within the next week, post the results after.

6th of Apr, 2009

ME AND MY WIFE WERE ALSO VICTIMS OF THSES SCAM ARTIST'S
    THEY SAID THEY WILL HELP YOU BUT 7 MONTHS LATER NOTHING
    BUT BULL CRAP.THE GOV SHOULD REALLY STEP IN ON THESE PEOPLE, BEFORE SOMEONE STEPS IN ON THEM(IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) THESE DAYS THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING, PEOPLE
    ARE JUST LOSING IT. WE HAVE ENIUGH THINGS GOING ON AS IT IS
    BUT FOR THESE IDIOTS TO SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY IS JUST WRONG. BY THE WAY, THE PERSON WE SPOKE TO IS SHIRLEY ZHONG, REALLY COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HERE BROKEN ENGLISH TO WELL. ALSO AFTER CALLING THE BBB, THEY SAID THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN LICENSED TO WORK IN MY STATE.(R.I.)SO WHATS THAT TELL YA.1800.00 DOLLARS LATER AND NOTHING BUT LIES.

• Ed
      11th of May, 2009

I am so sorry to hear all the negative stories on this site. It is hard to tell if they are real, fakes, x-employee's that are mad, or competitors trying to gain an upper leg? There are not many specifics on this site about anything to the detail of the specific individuals case, rather just a place for the 4 types of people above to vent.
    My name is Eddie and I am in CA and I would like to share my "real" Peoples First experience with the rest that read this very negative posting site. The process did take a long time with this company, but I was able to receive, in my opinion an excellent reworking of the terms of my loan through peoples first financial. My old payment was $3323.28 per month and my new payment is $1976.87! This is a huge savings of $1346.41 a month for me and my family as we were barely making ends meet before. In fact through our renegotiation of terms on our loan, we received a 5% interest only for 5 full years now thanks to the guys and gals at peoples first finance. Hopefully this will shed some light on good things that this company and many others are doing for troubled people such as our family. It is so sad to see all this negativity on companies like peoples first that truly do help people. I feel so bad for the other people that post on this site if they are truly real and know exactly what you are going through financially. Hang in there and remember that financial difficulties are what half of the country is going through right now, and not to let it affect your marriage, family, or religion. You will work through this, hang in there and if you are working with Peoples First financial be patient as they will help you if you let them.
    Eddie

19th of May, 2009

The clients above did receive more favorable terms on their home mortgage as posted below:

First Mortgage: Countrywide Rate went from: 7.125% Rate went to: 5%

* Payment went from: $2115.80 Payment went to: $1720.65 for 6 months then $1827.78 for the rest of the loan

* (delinquency rolled into these payments).

* Initial contribution is: $0

Peoples First Financial has already requested supporting information regarding this complaint. This was a mortgage debt obligation that was broken by this client. The Terms offered show a substantial savings on a monthly basis and for the life of the loan agreement if they elect to keep this.

This will help to illustrate what most complaints truly are stemming from.

Thank you.

19th of May, 2009

Below are results offered to "Mario T" from his mortgage holder:

CITI - PAYMENT PLAN TO A MOD:

$1000 ON 11.30.08, 12.30.08, 1.30.09, 2.28.09, 3.30.09

Thank you.

19th of May, 2009

Thank you again for another anonymous posting under an alias (JOROCKIT2U) with no factual evidence to support your claims.

This is libel and further illustrates the malicious nature of "copy-cat" postings from the same person from a new IP address or under a new profile.

Complaints Board does not have the ability to manage or monitor this and does nothing to investigate or regulate their postings.

This forum is merely an electronic version of a bathroom stall and it allows anything and everything to be written about a company or person with no penalty or level of responsibility from the person posting.

We appreciate this medium, but thus far have proven that it is wasteful and useless in creating a resolution for any of the people posting under an alias.