People-Records.net / They didn't tell the truth!

1 3435 SummerfieldIndianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I was interested in building my family tree and finding ancestors. I paid on line for a 5 year membership for unlimited access to public records. Every time I searched for someone it said it wasn't available even tho I entered names I knew the information for. Then I tried something different and was told I had used up my credits. Nothing was said about credits when I signed up. I am calling my Credit Card Co. and if I can't get a refund then I am calling my Attorney. It may seem like a small amount but it is the principle of it, I can't believe they can continually get away with this.

Comments

De
  14th of Feb, 2008

I too had the same experience. I entered info on people who I know. Nothing came up. This is a rip-off. I will be contacting my credit card company to get a full refund. With that, you can not contact them. I feel cheated.

Ja
  20th of Feb, 2008

Peopl-records.net does not disclose all info concerning membership. One fact is thst whoever is a member has to buy extra credits to do searches. There is not hardly anywhere a searcher can go that a fee isn't charged. Only once was I even able to find a person I was searching for . It is a rip off. I too will be contacting my credit card company to get a full refund. It has been only a few days for me also, and I've been cheated.

Gu
  21st of Feb, 2008

No doubt, I had the same experience. couldn't even find phone numbers that I know are listed. What a sorry bunch of rip off artists. next time I'll check the web for complaints BEFORE I buy. I'll also be contacting visa for a refund. I agree, its the principal of it all.

Ro
  24th of Feb, 2008

I have just today signed up for People-Records and have already found out that it is not what it was represented to be. I could not get information for anyone I was searching for and the one that I did find there was an additional charge to get the information I wanted. There was a warning on the link to this website to the effect that not everything was what it advertised it would be. Dumb me. I failed to heed the warning. This is indeed a SCAM outfit.

Vi
  2nd of Mar, 2008

I paid good money to get my father obituray but you say he didn't die in Maryland which is not true. Then I looked up my birth and you also said that I was not born in Fort Worth, TX which is not true again. Then I looked up my father born place and you also said that he was not born in his home state which I know is not true. Then I ask about my sons born and you again said that he was not born in Minnesota which I know is not true because I was there. I want you to return my money because you are no good for records.

Jo
  5th of Mar, 2008
People-Records.net - No service!
People-Records.net
Chillicothe
Ohio
Phone: 740-779-1113
www.People-Records.net

I paid thru clickbank for membership to People-Records.net and they never send password or username, you can't research then from their site.

Nothing for my money!!!

Co
  18th of Mar, 2008
PeopleRecords.net - No help!
PeopleRecords.net
www.PeopleRecords.net

I joined this site for one year for 19.99 to help me locate people and to look up old marriages and deaths. I started with one i knew and got very little information. I then tried more names that were family. They all came up no data when i know there is. I feel like i got ripped off for the 19.99. If this is all I'm going to find it was very bad advertisement for i can't believe all the names i have are no record. This was a good lesson. Wish i could get money back as I'm retired, but I'm sure i can't.

St
  28th of Mar, 2008

Don't use these guys they are a rip off! I doesn't work. No information no nothing!

Sy
  27th of Apr, 2008

I joined and they did not give me a password & now I can't get in without it and no place to call or contact them. It is a ripoff

Jo
  30th of Apr, 2008
People-Records.net - did not receive the # by the time I filled out the registration
192 Manchester St., #10
Concord
New Hampshire
Phone: 603-226-6035

When I filled in the registration, I forgot to put the verification # in and now they won't let me go back
and redo it...is there some way that you can correct
the situation for me? The number is: 643. Thank you for your trouble and assistance.
Also, is this the reason I am having trouble getting
any responses?
Jo-Ann Foster-Upson
semonee@comcast.net

Ha
  9th of May, 2008

Believe it was the 7 May 2008, I joined People-records. my order number is DE238TST. paid $29.99 and as of this date 13 May 2008 have not been able to get on line, All the E-mail that I have send to you haven't been answer. If I don't get answer right away will be canceling oorder with you people.
Halslate@aol.com
315-458-7879

Ha
  10th of May, 2008

THis make my forth time trying to get information why I can not fet on line with people-records.net, I paid my $29.99 by visa My order number is as follows (DE238TST). I am still waiting fopr your answer!

halslate@aol.com

Mi
  16th of May, 2008

I had the same problem with People-records, and they told me to send them the information I was looking for and they would find it for me. But when my bank statement came in I called clickbank and they sent me a confirmation that they are returning my money. The number to them is 800-390-6035. They did not ask any questions. I told them I had been trying to get my money back.

Mg
  17th of May, 2008

I found that I had no results from any searches I made. I found this board and saw that I was one of many with the same problem. Therefore I did what most of us do not do!

I actually read the terms and conditions posted on the People-records site. There they clearly tell you that they are selling you nothing! They rely on the general public being lazy and not reading their terms and conditions.

Also I found that they list how far back by years which their records searches go back by type of search per state. Most of the data bases only go back to the 80's or 90's with one going back to 1974.

This makes the searches worthless for me and I am sure most other consumers.

The most important lesson I learned from this encounter is "buyer beware!". Do your due diligence before making a purchase.

I now know how dumb I really am! Enough said.

Ka
  25th of May, 2008

people-records.net
is no good at all they get me for $29.94.
there again.
LOOK OUT.

Re
  3rd of Jun, 2008

They Lie and take your money!!!

Ra
  4th of Jul, 2008

I have experianced the exact same thing and I am very disapointed! I too am on limited income and I could put this money to much better use!!! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!

Ma
  20th of Jul, 2008

I also paid $29.94 for a service I have not been able to use. Seems I am not the only one. WHAT A SCAM.
Something should be done.

Ba
  4th of Aug, 2008

I am requesting People-Search/clickBank the $39.94 that I paid for their unlimited search services. I have tried for two days to get some kind of search information even infomation I already have to no avail unless I pay additional monies. I have sent multiple e-mails to the company asking for help with no response. I am now contacting the F. B. I. and the F.C.C. for theft. I paid for a service and this company is not providing it.

Ki
  4th of Aug, 2008

Did anyone get a refund ? I cant seem to get any info on the company to get my money back. Did anyone get a phone number ?