Pell Technology / Computer repair

1 Tampa6020 W Chelsea St, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.866.224.8939 ext 21

I sent in my laptop to be repaired in excellent physical condition in my own box specially made for laptops with inside foam to cradle the laptop during the shipment. The computer would not turn on and I soon had an estimate for $220 dollars to fix the DC jack and the Motherboard-I paid the $220 dollars and got the laptop fixed and sent back out to me. When I opened the box I immediately noticed the apparent physical damage to the DC Jack area. I sent an e-mail ASAP with the complaint and called the very next day. After 12 minutes I finally got hold of the Manager named Herman who said he read my complaint in the e-mail and then stated his position in the matter, their protocol in this type of situation is to notify the client if they spot any damage on the laptop and call the client and verbally get an admission of the damage and permission if the client should want them to proceed. According to them I signed off on everything, I immediately asked who called me and Herman said it was Miguel who works in shipping. I said Miguel is a liar and I have phone records showing he never called me. I then asked for the owner and he passed me off to his supervisor named Giselle who would not get me the owner and told me it was her job to handle such situations and she would call me back. When she called back she said she relayed the complaint to the owner named David and their solution was for me to send back the laptop and they would reverse the repairs and give me my $220 dollars back. I sent pictures of the totally intact box with no dent in it whatsoever, I sent pictures of the damaged computer and she was informed of the phone records I do have showing I never recieved 1 phone call from that company. I also pointed out our correspondance via e-mail back and forth with no mention of any damage on my computer, only of the repairs. Isn't that odd-Obviously their guy in shipping or whoever messed up my computer and totally fabricated a bogus story of him calling me and me acknowledging it being damaged and giving him the O.K. to proceed. I let her know I would be following every avenue possible to get them to rectify the matter the way a legitimate business should. I have yet to receive a call from the owner David.

Ha

Comments

• Pe
      8th of Sep, 2012

I apologize for any problem you had with our shipping department, each laptop is looked over and it's confirmed if they have any physical damage on the way in, the only thing that could of happened was damage on the shipment in, if you never had the damage. I know its years later, and maybe this has been resolved already, but we can still offer to repair or offer you money back on what you paid us if you can contact us. In reference to our customer support team, we have since improved and made changes to provide a better customer experience. We repair thousands of computers, and we admit we do make mistakes.