Parsa Law Group / Scam?

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Hi,

Is this company for real? I submitted all my document and they didn't do anything. Called my lender and nothing was even submited. Why would i pay someone $3000 to do nothing? I can do it myself!!

Anyone know how to do a loan modification? or what is the best way of doing a loan modification? Should I call my lender directly to deal with them? I tried to deal with my lender, CountryWide but they just keep on delaying me and told me to call back.. and call back. what info do they actually need?

Can someone recommend a good lawyer that does this?? and not a scam!! I can't find anyone who does this legit and not scam the us. please advise..

thanks

So

Comments

• Ba
      15th of May, 2009

You might consider checking out the Bad Biz Finder blog for solutions to your issues. There is helpful information not only about Parsa Law Group but also about the law relating to loan modifications, and answers to frequently asked questions including some of the ones you raised in your post.

or email us at badbizfinder@aol.com and we can offer one-on-one assistance.

Best regards,
    Bad Biz Finder

• Fr
      18th of May, 2009

I am in the same boat.. we paid $3000 too and it has been 6 months since we paid and submitted everything to them I am calling eveyda and gettng nothing from parsa law group I called on 5/12 and they said they would call back and nothing called and left two messages today 5/18 and nothing . This company had an A rating with the BBB when I checked 6 mo ago and no complains and now their rating is an F and 4 complains and saying not to do business with them...

28th of May, 2009

I went through the same thing with Parsa law group they stole my money. A friend of mine recommended me Verdi Law group and this people really helped me out a lot. If anyone needs help contact them 866-400-1694.

• Ke
      6th of Jun, 2009

Whew!! im glad i didnt go with them i was torn between them and verdi, lucky i went with verdi, and my loan mod just finished last weekend and i gave them 3k a month ago (technically 27 days) and my payment was at 3200 now 1870 30yr fixed, these guys stand by what they said they were gonna do and answered teh phone everytime i called. ask for Bob he really made me feel very comfortable and never pushy

6th of Jun, 2009

Hi, what is the website for verdi?? I wanna do a search for them.. see if they are legit.. thanks..

• Ke
      8th of Jun, 2009

i dont know the website but you can talk to Bob, he was my representative and he was so kind and knowledgable he told me to check them out on the california bar association where they had no compaints whatsoever in 29years. i looked here: www.calbar.ca.gov

10th of Jun, 2009

I Used a company called Todays Financial group out of San diego and they have access to the investors who actually own your loan and dont get stuck dealing with the the idiots that work at the banks that no one can seem to get past. It got done in only 3 week and the majority of their fee was only due when the loan mod was done. I recommend them. Ross was the guy who helped me and he knows what he is talking about.

• Pu
      16th of Jun, 2009

WARNING: THIS GROUP IS A SCAM! I for one was a victim of this law firm! Paid more than $3500.00 for a loan modification help but when my application was denied, they have not return my calls until now (1 month and counting). Got fooled by positive feedbacks from other web site.

• Fo
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Take it from me. I used to work for a loan modification company as a paralegal/negotiator for a number of years. For anyone that is thinking about paying money for a service such as this, keep in mind that you are asking someone that doesn't care about your situation as much as you, to perform something that you can do on your own. Banks know this and oftentimes gives these law firms, which allow outside companies to use their name in order to share in profits, a hard time because of the amount of up front fees that they charge. Some of these outfits will charge as much as $6, 000 +. Anyone with average intelligence can call the bank (and speak to a Negotiator) and say I have X amount of dollars (Usually about two months payment), and I make X amount of dollars a month, what options do I have? They are going to ask you about your expenses including how much you spend on groceries. Don't lie about your income because they often will want to see proof. Don't say you have money saved that you don't either because if you come up short they will deny your plan. Be as honest as you can with them. It all comes down to this; If your financials show that you can afford the house, you'll be ok. Keep in mind that the money left over after paying all of your expenses will be used by the lender to figure out how much you can pay towards your mortgage. Also, tell them what happened to put you in the situation. Often it's medical, or job loss, or car problems etc. This makes a difference with them. They really want to know what happened. Don't tell them the interest rates got too high and you couldn't afford it anymore, from my experiences they don't like that. Good luck.

• Fo
      8th of Jul, 2009

It’s hard to get if your income is less than your expenses. When you mention that you could have refinanced and gotten your rate dropped about 2.5 to 3% if you were talking about a loan that you were passed up on. It’s important to note that I am not talking about a refinance. Loan Modifications are different. They are reworking the details of your loan, but they aren’t done by brokers. They are administered by the loan company themselves. They are looking at guidelines so to speak and determining from your surplus income what you can afford, and granting a loan modification or another plan for you at that point.

You were asking me how it works. Once your Loan company knows how much you have in surplus income they look over a list of programs that they can offer you. For example if you make $150 more than all of your expenses, they will say based on $150 what can we offer you? They will try to work out a plan that works better for your situation. If you can stay in the $150 to $300 range it will give the mortgage company more options. If you have $1, 000 surplus the mortgage company will have you pay your mortgage and increase it by a larger amount because you can afford it. If it’s negative the mortgage company doesn’t have any options. Oftentimes they will say no.

Here’s the twist. If your surplus is $150 and from their list of programs they can’t fit any increase in your payment without making your situation worse, then they will try to modify your loan placing you in a better situation. A modification may lower your interest rate as it may be the only option for them in keeping your loan payments manageable and in a win/win scenario for both parties. Sometimes it takes about 30 days for them to approve it and for them to send the paperwork to you to sign.

Remember that it’s not like when you bought the house. You had to show as much income as you could to get the house and debt to income ratios were considered. This is much simpler of an process and can be determined by the loan negotiators rather quickly over the phone. I would try to re-work the expenses/ income to see if you can lower some of your expenses, and or see if you can include any extra income; then call the mortgage company back to see if they can fit you into a program. Good luck.

• Bi
      15th of Jul, 2009

Anyone ever use or heard of Cornerstone Credit Advisors inc? (ccadvisorsinc.com)

I was wonder if they are ligit?

Thanks

• Ns
      17th of Jul, 2009

as far as Parsa Law Group goes that told me that they are sending me a check in the mail last week and here it is the next friday no check or anything they do answer the phone but will not return calls.

20th of Jul, 2009

if you can't get back your money, just call up your credit card company and file a charge back. They are total scam!! the fed should go after their ###!!

As far as your home loan. try to talk directly with your bank they will help, You should be at leat 3-4month behind, that is when they will talk to you..

• Tr
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Parsa law group is a joke! They have shiny, slick commercials making us think they can help people.

I signed with them in February...now the end of July the modification is still not done.

B of A sent me a modification, ignored them, and wanted to increase my payments, even though I am in a financial hardship because my employer decreased my wages 15%.

Parsa law group commercials say other firms are "attorney backed, and they don't know what that means." They should look at themselves.

I have never spoke to the attorney who was supposed to be "representing me." I don't even know their name. There is only a clerical type person and her assistant that I spoke to...a couple of times.

They start out great...until they suck you in and get their money from you...then they won't respond to E mails, or phone calls.

They told me to not make house payments...so I haven't made a payment since February. Now they want me to make a payment to avoid foreclosure...WHAT????? I did everything I was told to do by the "legal firm" I hired, and told not to worry...my house wouldn't be foreclosed on...now they are telling me to make a payment!

My next step is to fire them, request my money back, write to the BBB and do research on who to complain to regarding this so called legal firm...then find someone who really will get my loan modified...

What a ripoff!

• Ro
      27th of Jul, 2009

yes i heard of Cornerstone Credit Advisors Inc.
    Yes they are legit. I did mine with them a.
    Best thing i liked about them is that they offer 100% money back guarantee in writing.
    The minute you sign up with them they start working on the files and keeps you ( the client ) upto date about what is going on with them.

I have their number if you are interested.

866-994-1425

• Ba
      4th of Aug, 2009

Please don't fall for this scam, folks. Yet another attorney seeking to take advantage of your vulnerable state of mind which is a direct violation of Rules of Professional Conduct written by the State Bar of California, Rule 1-400 that states:

Pursuant to rule 1-400(E) the Board of Governors of the State Bar has adopted the following standards, effective May 27, 1989, unless noted otherwise, as forms of "communication" defined in rule 1-400(A) which are presumed to be in violation of rule 1-400:

(1) A "communication" which contains guarantees, warranties, or predictions regarding the result of the representation.

(2) A "communication" which contains testimonials about or endorsements of a member unless such communication also contains an express disclaimer such as "this testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter."

(3) A "communication" which is delivered to a potential client whom the member knows or should reasonably know is in such a physical, emotional, or mental state that he or she would not be expected to exercise reasonable judgment as to the retention of counsel.

Be careful out there folks,
    Bad Biz Finder

• Du
      5th of Aug, 2009

For all you people out there who are considering hiring an attorney, mod company, etc., YES, you can do a modification with your lender without any outside assistance, and best of all, IT'S FREE. All you need to do is to contact you lender on your own, give them the infomation they request, and all should go smoothly, especially since the gov't. has fully released the standards and guidelines for the "Home Affordability Program." Unfortunately, what I've come to realize from my own experience as well as hear-say, YES, you do have a better chance of obtaining a better deal if you are behind in your payments. Don't know why, but this does seem to be the case. GOOD LUCK!!!

5th of Aug, 2009

Dustie23,

Good to know, can you tell us more about how many month you are behind, and what situation are you in now? How long does it take to do a MOD. What info do they need from you? and what kind of mod you have gotten? Please give us more detail on how to do this. It seem like I keep on calling the lender I don't get anywhere. Same old people picking up the phone who tell me we don't have any plan for you right now and try to call back next week. What is the point of calling and calling. Please advise..

• Gg
      19th of Aug, 2009

You are right, Parsa is a scam. People please, if you need help DO NOT, DO NOT, GO TO PARSA LAW GROUP. They did the same to me, I called and called weekly, daily and had no response. Went in to speak to supervisor and finally saw some movement but was only temporary. Then again they went back to same behavior, no response to phone calls or emails. I was switched to 7 different representatives, just so they can keep blowing me off and keep beating around the bush. Company's like this are justing taking advantage of others unfortunate situation to make money and get PR.

• Pe