Olevia tv

Posted:

tv wont work, they exchange and same issues

4.05
Olevia
City of Industry, California
My tv packed up on me within the yr it was purchase, they replace it and i had the same issues. The tv is in my guest bedroom so its hardly used so i dont understand how i have the same issues. All the company does when i call them is take my number and say they are going to call back. I am still waiting. Dont buy olevia tv, its the worst brand i have ever purchased, even the remote for the tv sucks.
Complaint comments Comments (74)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category TV, Music & Video
More Olevia tv Complaints & Reviews
Olevia tv - Terrible experience

Comments

N  1st of Mar, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I would like to know what size TV Mareen is referring to here. We are having a major issue dealing with Syntax Brillian (Olevia) and are considering a class action lawsuit if we can get more details. Anyone/everyone please respond with issues and any photos Olevia may have sent you of a damaged TV via e-mail. I think there is something fishy goning on with them. They are having too problems with their TVs, specifically with the mother boards, and they are 'coning' the consumer into sending TVs back, claiming they were damaged during shipping, and refusing to replace the item. They pay for shipping back to them so they can cover their ### and as a result the consumer cannot get their own insurance on the item to cover it. They call out UPS to do an inspection well after they receive the TV and UPS says it is not their problem.
This a a bid scam because Syntax cannot afford to fix all the problems with their products because it will put them out of business. Think about it - the replacement TV they sent Mareen (surprised they did send one) had issues too. They say in their warranty that TVs 32" and larger are serviced in the home. Our TV was a 37" and demanded that we ship it back to them because the part it needed was backordered, so they say, and they will simply send a new TV once they receive the bad one. They just wanted the TV back so they can start their scam with us. We would like to help this company go out of business. Please send your issues and photos to rlarocque1@cox.net. Remember that the photos need to be ones that they sent you. We think they are sending photos of the same damaged TV to more that one consumer. If you are having a problem and are presently dealing with them at this time please ask them to send you photos of the damage. We may be surprised what we see.
A  19th of Dec, 2011 by    +1 Votes
same issues here...started a while ago where the screen would turn on and go to the white Olevia screen then black out. Power off and on and it would work. A month ago, the sound started not working when you turn the tv on. Power off and on it would work. Now, we can't power on..the bluelight goes off like its going to go on, it doesnt. Tried the reset button in back, tried leaving off for a while...nothing works. Damn it.
N  1st of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Syntax-Brillian (Olevia) filed for bankruptcy in July of '08. Now we understand why they are not doing any warranty work. They have little money, owe suppliers more money than they have, and have no choice but to screw the consumer. If you have a problem with an Olevia Tv that is still under factory warranty you will have to pay someone to repair it IF they can find the right part. You will have no other choice. I hope they go out of business altogether. Their customer service is horid but now I understand the reason their employees have a crappy attitude (at least the Level II support).
A  17th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I have an Olevia LT26HVX model. Barely even cut it on but when I do, it makes this CRAZY loud noise. And now all of a sudden the picture looks like a photo negative, I cut it off and on but now it appears purple. Whoa!?
N  16th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Most of the issues can be traced back to bad capacitors on variuos boards. My 42 Olevia went out a few days ago. It would power up with numerous resets for a while but eventually stopped powering up at all. After searching the net I found this little tidbit that saved my TV. I had 2 bad capacitors on the power board. You dont need alot of skill to do this but you do need a $25 soldering iron and some solder. I had the iron so I was able to fix mine for about $11(capacitors+ shipped).

A  16th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I myself are having problems with my OLEVIA 747i 47"LCD HDTV.
If there is a class action lawsuit i would like to know about it.My e-mail address is
N  2nd of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
We also have problems with both our 27" and 37". Had the 37" replaced within weeks of purchasing it because sound went out. Now the replacement one shuts off without warning and is hard to keep on. From day one the 27" had the same problem. We sent that one in to the company in California for repair at our cost and they said they replaced it, however we know it is the same tv since it had the same markings on it. It now shuts off more than ever ( more off than on). Definitely not happy with this company and if there is still a class action lawsuit, we would like to join in the complaint. S-champion@sbcglobal.net
N  20th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
bought an olevia 37" a little over a year ago. today, 7/19/2011, at 12:30 in the morning, the picture and sound cut out. i turned it off, then on, the olevia screen came on, then went to black... now, when i turn it on, it stays on for about 10 seconds and goes to a black screen... any suggestions?
A  11th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I bought two Olevia 32". One for my room and the other for my son's room. First my son's tv started shuting itself off after only being on for a few minutes and now it won't come on at all. Now my tv has a black screen with only sound when you turn it on having to turn it off and wait a few minutes to turn it back on. What a piece of crap. Highly upset that we are all having the same issues only to be screwed out of our hard earned money.
If there is a class action - count me in as well!

Email: tarsa_hawkins@yahoo.com.com
N  8th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too have had considerable issues. Tuner 1, 2, and now 3? This last episode I actually paid for a new tuner, I highly suspect rebuilt. They shipped it and I installed myself, pretty simple however, now again same issue...TV powers up, you get Olevia screen logo and then the TV goes blank. Down loaded firmware upgrade however, no USB!?!? Calls as well have gone unanswered. Class action sounds great but if they are going bankrupt???? Horrible experience as the TV is in my office/work-out den!
A  28th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have a 26" bought at Target 15 months ago. Now when we turn on the TV we get a gray screen with lines but with sound. Called company they said to toggle on/off switch on the back ten times, then unplug overnight and WALLA! the next morning it worked! Alas when we turned it on later in the day Gray screen. So i left it on and it seems that in about 20-30 min. it clears up and everything is fine. So any time we want to watch a show we have to turn it on at least 30 min. early. Total pain in the ###. Also kids lost remote and can't find a universal one to work. Any suggestions?
N  2nd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have a OLEVIA 432-537 model and I'm receiving some humming sounds from my tv. Anyone else had this same problem? E-mail harrieta_robinson@yahoo.com. Where can we get help from?
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I shipped my tv back after many phone calls about a bad power supply. I was told that they would just replace the television and send a new one within a few weeks of receiving the old one. Six phone calls later I finally received an email (with photos) saying that they received my television with a broken lcd, and that they would repair it for $1000. What? So, I sent photos I had taken of the tv being boxed up for shipment without a broken lcd. They said they would get back to me and three months later a brand new Olevia box showed up...with a broken television inside. I sent emails, they went unanswered. I called and got the same run around "disconnect" that I always encountered dealing with them. Any thoughts?
N  29th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
the company is out of business due to a bankruptcy. Emerson has acquired the company but if you don't know Emerson does not sell TV's anymore
N  2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
My Olevia televisions started with this thing of going on and off..Today it started making this humming sound have not been able to contact the company..Has anybody had any luck contacting the company??? Please contact me at sweascandie2u@aol.com
A  7th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have the same problem it goes offffff sunddendly
A  29th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
My Olevia 37" TV power supply went out after 2 years of use - way too soon. I now can't find a power supply. any suggestions? Need help!
N  11th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
My Olevia tv stopped working within the six months of purchased!!! I had the tv in the attic room and therefore, was rarely used. I tried turning it on several times to no avail. I even had my cable company walk me through some repairs, which I was blaming on their box!!! It was useless. I tried to contact the company and was told I had to contact another technician, what technician, the number I was given was a wrong number!!! I have tried everything!!!nothing works!!! I think this was a blind robbery!!! I'm still seeking help!!!
A  12th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have an Olevia 242T FHD TV and we have had nothing but problems. The problems started after we had the TV for a little over six months. We sent it to a place in City of Industry, California called Amergence Technologies. They are the ones who are "now fixing" these TV's. I also blame Target where we purchased the TV. They don't stand behind anything either. Amergence Technologies charged us to ship the TV to them even though we had "in home repair" for the first year $200. The TV automatically shuts itself off and you have to unplug the thing, wait several minutes and then plug it back in to get the damn thing to work. We were told by Amergence that they had not had any problems with these TV's. They take weeks if ever to return phone calls and will not give you a straight answer. Good luck speaking with them as many of them do not have English as their first language. I see from this site that they are lying. They returned the TV to us but did not fix anything. After having it back for two weeks it started turning itself off again. It also freezes the picture at times. We again sent the TV back to California from Washington State. They "could not find the problem so they sent a "refurbished" TV which is now doing the same thing. If anyone decides to do a class action lawsuit please post it here as we would love to join you. We are out over $800 and we have been fighting with Amergence Technologies for almost four months and we still do not have a TV that works. We have had our cable checked and used other TVs which do not have the same problem so we know it is the Olevia that is at fault. If you purchased your TV through Target (I don't know about other places) you can reach Amergence Technologies at 1-866-965-3842. Their address is 20480 E. Business Parkway, City of Industry, CA 91789. Keep trying if they do not take your call. I have literally been on the phone with them for hours!
N  27th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just wanted to say that I've had an 55" Olevia television for over 5 years and am just now experiencing a problem. The display asks me set the date/time/hour setting, which I do, but it won't accept the enter button for ending the process and it just stays on the screen no matter what I do. :o( I am now in the process of trying a "fixya" solution where you unplug the TV (after shutdown at the TV) and let
it rest for 48 hours. It could be a cruel hoax, but I'm desperate!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree