Oculus Dr. Chip Harvey Cole

Posted:

Plastic Surgery

3.35
Dr. Cole has been successfully sued and the verdict was over a million.

His office staff consists of a nurse who's lips look like someone butchered HER. They give conflicting information to patients and from the conversations I've heard in the waiting rooms several times, NONE of his patients are happy with the continual problems they experience after their procedures.
Complaint comments Comments (22)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

D  24th of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Cole and HIS staff. I realize that not everyone can have the best experience---just like we all have bad days once in a while. So I feel that it only fair to state that Dr. Cole was and is a GREAT surgeon. He repair my eyelids and they look wonderful.
D  11th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
dr. cole injected my lips and no one knows unless i spill my secret of having a great doctor who gave me an amazing smile!
N  7th of Oct, 2009 by    -1 Votes
The nurse to are reffering to was not a patient of Dr. Cole's. The lawsuit you mentioned was flawed. You should look up pictures and/or information about the patient who sued him. You will discover that she looks and is fine, in fact she has reccommended multiple friends to Dr. Cole and even had the nerve to let them reffer her for a future discount. Get your facts striaght before you start a blog. Ask any patient about Dr. Cole and all you will hear is praise. Dr. Cole is one of, if not the, BEST in the business. Below is an atteched photo of Betty Nestlehutt post surgery, the lady who recieve over a million dollars for her "permanent" damage.
D  7th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dr. Cole performed an upper and lower blepharoplasty on me last year. He has the hands of an artist and the most amazing bedside manner. I'm sure Ms. Nestlehutt or whomever she is didn't disclose the absolute truth. She should be ashamed of herself to sue and look better now than she most likely did when he went in for an initial consult!
Dr. Cole, if you see this, thank you for the wonderful job YOU and YOUR STAFF did!!!
N  4th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dr. Cole did Kenny Roger's face!! Enough said!!
N  2nd of Mar, 2010 by    -2 Votes
ACTUALLY, THE NURSE IS DR. COLE'S PATIENT AND HIS SISTER...RUN FAST FROM THAT OFFICE!!
A  9th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
About 8 years ago dr Cole suggested a laser resurfacin g to remove brown spots and small wrinkle around my eyes.All I would have was a "healthy sunburn for seven days". He burned me so badly I was just a bloody, oozing mush. Even the white of my eye swelled up and to this day I have trouble seeing. My lower eylids "fell" down and needed reconstructive surgery, which he did by sewing them to the upper lid, resulting in making one eye 1/4 inche smaller then the other, and my lashes grow down.
Every day I cry trying to correct it with make-up! He never offered to at least re-imburse me or give me some compensation for all the suffering and lost work I had. I would have been happy with less then a million. I need the name of Ms Nestlehutt's lawyer, please! HFdP
N  9th of May, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Jusr wrote my comment above.
N  8th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had many experiences with Chip Cole. He has had to reconstruct damage done to my face and eyes approximately 12-15+ times, all of which he did on Saturdays. He offered to anestesia either. He placed alloderm under my one eye, which resulted in a large mound under my left eye. He did an upper face life to correct the damage done to my lower lids, which resulted in the lost of my round cheeks. Each time, as I cried in his office, he said that he could correct the mistakes. I dealt with reconstruction for several years. I now have an entropian on my left lower lid to where my lashes grow into my eye. I pluck them three times a days. I have corneal abrasians often, which are painful. He too, did not offer to reimburse me for his mistakes, but did have the audacity to charge my insurance company to correct my upper lett lid $7, 000 that I was unaware of until I recieved the letter. Shock! I have a few people I know who have been to Chip and the result is the same: bad. I look fine now due to Paces Plastic Surgery: Dr. Sonny McCord-a wonderful man and doctor. He gave me an eyelid back, evened my eyes up, and they even corrected the mid face lift. I am thankful for those doctors who care. Dr. Cole's nurse is very sweet, so the attacks on her are unfair. This is my personal opinion. She is also his sister: so that answers the question you may have. I have had agoraphobia for 8 years due to Chip's procedures on me. I have been taking medication ever since my experiences with him, otherwise I wouldn't have made it mentally. People used to look at me during the corrective surgeries all the time, so I wouldn't leave the house. Sad really. Anyway, I hope this helps those looking for a good surgeon. WlynneT
N  7th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Google Jeannie Huff atlanta, ga...ENOUGH SAID!! Just another one of Chip Cole's lawsuits!
N  28th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I WAS a patient of Chip Cole. He has had to repair my eyelids many times because he can't get them even. He also charged Medicare for a ptosis repair instead of what my procedure was, a blepharoplasty. My nephew is a surgeon and he looked into this issue. Come to find out Medicare pays more for the ptosis repair than the blepharoplasty...hmmmm...
A  5th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
RUN!!! I wish I would have! I wish I had seen this site so I would have known about Dr. Harvey "Chip" Cole. All I saw was HIS wonderful marketing! I can not say much now as I am getting an attorney. I am now onto a fourth opinion and doctors feel there is nothing they can do. People no longer look me in the eye when they talk to me and I no longer want to go out in public, it is very embarrasing. LISTEN TO WHAT THE PEOPLE HERE ARE SAYING! MAYBE SOMEONE HAD A GOOD RESULT, BUT IS IT WORTH THE RISK WHEN SO MANY DIDN'T?
A  6th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
My daughter was a patient of this man and he said that he could perform the surgery needed to correct her vision...frontalis slings. She has ptosis and needed her eyelids lifted to help with her vision. It was not for astetic purposes but for her vision. That was almost 3 years ago and her eyes still pop open when she sleeps. Her vision went from 20/25 to 20/50 and she has a corneal scar as a result from a corneal ulcer...that was all because this man said he could do her surgery and convinced us to trust him and that he has done these procedures before. Now my poor daughter suffers because of him and his lies. He should not be practicing, he is a danger! DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON! My poor baby was 8 years old when he messed her eyes up and now we have to put her under the knife to cut out what he did to her and have them fixed. She is so scared because she got so sick the last time from the "sleep medicine." Shame on you Harvey!!!
N  9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
PLEASE DO NOT SEE THIS MONSTER!!!
Not only was I turned off by his creepy demeanor but I wish I would have read these posts before I wasted my time seeing him. First, I waited in his office for over an hour to be approached by some girl who called herself the Practice administrator. She was RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL!!! As this girl is explaining to me what a "busy surgeon he is because he is so talented" she wanted to know if I was interested in BOTOX!!! Really!? This man and his staff are ridiculous.
I finally left the office and found a REAL surgeon miles from his office. I told the surgeon of my experience and he stated, "oh yeah, I see many of his patients for revisions".
Also, I read an article about Betty Nestlehutt and decided to "youtube" the name to see if anything was there since this was a HUGE lawsuit. OH MY! He destroyed her face AND her life. Please watch the video and share it with anyone you know...I did.
N  28th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I had upper lid surgery to correct drooping eyelids that were obscuring my vision. When the surgery was over mu right eye looked like a different person had done that one... My left eye turned out just fine but the right will need corrective surgery .. My lid still droops over my pupil. When I brought this to Dr. Cole's attention, he said I would need a brow lift to fix the problem. I have consulted with two other plastic surgeons since and both agree that a brow lift is not needed...
N  18th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Horrible physician and horrible staff! Do not see this man! He cannot operate!!!
N  18th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
Terrible physician. ...please run fast!!! All he wants is your money after he's done butchering you!!!
N  8th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
My wife had surgery with Dr. Cole in 2009 to have an in-plant inserted to hold her prosthetic left eye. Surgery went well although her eye socket eye socket sagged a little. She returned to Dr. Cole in April 2014 for out-patient surgery to have her eye socket lifted and to have a new hole drilled in I'm-plant to hold her prosthetic eye. She developed an infection and returned to Dr. Cole and without any blood work or a M.R.I. Was prescribed a mild anti-biotic. Two weeks later while visiting her sister in Florida she was rushed to hospital for severe pain and swelling where she remained for eight weeks. They eventually had to remove the implant and surrounding tissue due to the infection. She very nearly died from the infection and is still on anti-biotic drip that she must take twice a day. She will never be able to have another implant because of all the tissue loss so now must wear a patch over her left eye socket. Once Dr. Coles office was aware of what was happening they were calling my wifes cell phone while she was in the hospital to so call check on her and apologize for what happened. Also the weekly bills we were getting suddenly stopped coming. I personally would think twice about letting this so called doctor cut on me or any of my loved ones.
A  27th of Feb, 2015 by    +2 Votes
about one year ago, July of 2014, I went to Dr Cole on a good reference to have my bulging eyes repaired. I have a thyroid condition. Dr. Cole left my Left eye larger than the right eye. I went again for him to repair his damage and one year, now later, I still have a large left eye and a good right one. I see double, have had two wrecks where I have rear ended other cars. I really need the left eye repaired. Know of another GOOD eye Dr can fix my problem. Peggy F.
N  18th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
The worst Doctor I have ever been to. Mean as a snake. Do not be fooled. I had an infection on my upper eye lid, after he "removed a sty" that turned into Staph and he called me a baby for trying to contact him, unsuccessfully, on a Sunday!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree