Northern Leasing Systems / Scam and cheating!

1 132 West 31st Street, 14 FloorNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-683-5433

My story is much the same as the rest. I owned a small store and one day a representative from Neos Merchant Solutions came in and talked me into trying their Rewards Card program claiming it was all the rage, would increase my business, retain customers, and I would have all these great reports to show me how well it worked. Once I was signed up my rep disappeared, the customer service was non-existent, reports were difficult to retrieve and understand, and it was next to impossible to order additional supplies. I eventually stopped using the Rewards Card program because it was costing me more then it was worth.

The biggest surprise came a few months later when I closed my store. I was able to cancel the Rewards Program but was informed by Northern Leasing that my lease contract could not be canceled and I would have to pay on it for two more years. Needless to say, I was shocked. The Neos rep had just slipped that past me. I have already paid Northern Leasing over $2,000 in monthly lease payments plus property taxes on the machine. In addition they charged me $25 to fill out the county property tax form which I could have easily completed in minutes myself for free. I have returned the machine at their request but, Northern Leasing still wants another $1,900 plus interest and late fees to buy out the lease. That is over $4,000 for a machine which costs $399.

Northern Leasing has been calling my personal residence several times a day and has been sending threatening letters. They are now threatening a law suit. They call me in the middle of the day when I am at work and every time I try to call them I get an answering machine no matter what time of day it is.

These companies are dishonest and deceitful.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      19th of May, 2009

Our story is much the same as the others. We were also told that this was a month to month lease and that it was cancelable. Upon finding out that this was not the case we tried to have the processing company who sold us this lease buy it back becasue that is the only way that Northern Leasing will cancel. This company is very confident in its practices, it has been riping off small businesses for over 10 years obtaining profits exceeding over 180 million dollars by abusing the good natured business man. They are also confident in there pursuing any court matters becasue in their fine print you as the business owner must pay their legal fees. This is a catch 22 for all business owners. If you don't pay the lease, your liable for their attorney fees, your attorney fees and the balance due on the lease. Someone out there should stop this company from abusing the small businessmen and woman of america.

26th of Aug, 2009

I just paid them $2, 500. And like many they took alot of money from me before this. I spoke to an attorney and he said it's a scam what they are doing, and since it is alittle bit of money they take from so many bussiness the courts won't really care for those type of cases unless we all unite. But most of us say it's not worth it and let them get away with it. And exactly how I read from other pissed off people on the internet, they have done to me they said they didn't receive equipment. And if they said they did receive it most people said that Northern Leasing told them equipment was damaged. How can we win this company if they are liars and scam professionals!!! Now they want me to sign a paper where it says I will not persue them legally?.

• Da
      20th of Dec, 2009

I have the same situation with Northern Leasing happening to me right now. Please contact me with any information that you can share with me as I am speaking to an attorney about a possible lawsuit against them. Thank you. you can contact me at lone_free_ranger_85@yahoo.com

• Lo
      21st of Jul, 2010

I had same thing, but it was year 2005...and I already paid them all fees and etc. and plus returd to them Machine...

plus I paid then 43.16 last fee...after 6 years! I just got letter from Collation, that I owe $43.16
    guys what should I do! I can't find proof of check, but they are in my queken system (nova systems) and the fee!
    my email is lollopoprooster@gmail.com

thanks!

• St
      17th of Aug, 2015

Scammed in 2011, my small business - I was lied to about it all. I cancelled contract in 24 hours. Salesman would NOT pick up machine they tried ' to chg me $1600 for ( a $300 Mach...I looked it up) credit card machine but their fees on transactions would save me So much $! All a lie . I still receive a contract . I finally paid someone to return the equipment to the sales rep.
    Now on my credit 5 Times- 5 entries in every category. Credit bureau working on it but I'm afraid they won't budge. Lots of folks mad for very same reasons. My business closed in 2011 n still this continues!!