[Resolved] Myperfectresume / Live Career / scheme going on for years!!!

1 1 Halidie Plaza,suite 600San Francisco, CA, United States

On August 24, 2015 my mother did me the favor to purchase what was first supposed to be a free resume template which later turned out to be a $2.95 trial charged on my ATM credit card to which I never received a confirmation email to my order; only a congratulations on what was really a 5 month re-charge of 34 something dollars after realizing the problem. This is what they call a re-newal paid subscription. Isn't this so wittingly confusing? Lured into this approach, I was confused and now very sad and stressed:$174.00 for a one time printed Resume! Seems hundreds of people have been victims of such procedure and it has been going on for years. Isn't it time this stopped? Why hasn't it? I want this particular question answered. Sincerely disappointed, Tina

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jan 06, 2016

Greetings Tina, I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

Our subscription terms and conditions are available for the client to see before making any purchase as well o ur free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase.The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of
    your resume for free.

Cancellation stops the auto-renewal. Once it’s cancelled, we send a cancellation confirmation email for your records. There are times that auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send me a private message through here and I will see if I can be of any assistant to you.

Best regards,
    Live Career

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jan 06, 2016

This is one of the multiples statements that we have in the page and the most important which it is when the client is processing the payment.

scheme going on for years!!!
Re