Mason Capital Group / Scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-749-4916

Mason Capital Group and Gretchen Fox & Associates promised me to lower my mortgage payments, get a lower interest and all I got was a letter from my lender that they were ready to foreclosure my home. When I called Mason to clarify the phone numbers were disconnected and I could not get my money back. Is there a way to take legal action against these companies?

Comments

Al
  4th of Jan, 2009

I have been a victim as well. I'm trying to get people togther to file a class action law suit against them. Please feel free to contact me @727-424-3309 or email me alamgirwali@hotmail.com. Also, try and get a hold of the California Attorney General's office and file a complaint with them.

Ha
  5th of Jan, 2009

I just found this morning that their phone line has been disconected. So yes I want to file the complaint and want to have my money back. My email is hgiang218@yahoo.com

An
  7th of Jan, 2009
Mason Capital Group - Scam, rip off
Mason Capital Group
Tarzana
California

Please call your Attorney General, FBI and FTC if you were taken by this people, it is just scam, they take your money and run, their guarantee is not honored.

St
  12th of Jan, 2009

Mason Capital Group and Gretchen Fox & Associates promised me to lower my mortgage payments, get a lower interest and all I got was a letter from my lender that they were starting to file forclosure in Febuary 2009. When I called Mason to clarify and to get my money back. I tried to contack them and the phone was disconnected, I also filed a complaint with the BBB in CA. I want my money back.

Az
  12th of Feb, 2009

They are now American Financial Group, you can call Juan Washington at (888)301-1088, he is the one who got me into this scam, they took all of my clients money, with the promise to refund if unable to modify, the problem is, THEY WILL NEVER REFUND ANY MONEY to any clients, I think we now need to sue the American Financial Group, maybe they can Make Mason Capital give the money back to all of the clients they ripped off.

Mi
  16th of Feb, 2009

They are owned by the same people. Mason Capital Group/American Financial Group/Gretchen Fox & Associates.
Here are SOME of the numbers they use:
888.301.1088
818.444.7258
818.444.7350
818.444.4278
818.444.7350
But I think they change their numbers to avoid all the complaint calls. I want to join this lawsuit as well! There are 20+ people (so far) who are on this website complaining against one or all 3 companies (remember - they are all owned by same people!) I think they think if they "close" one branch, they do not have to refund money. I think there are enough people, and enough money at stake for a class action. They took $2500 from me!

Mi
  8th of Nov, 2011

We cancel our contract due to us suspecting that this company is not honest and possible fraud. They won't give us back our $800.00. We called them and questioned about the validity of their business after we found out in BBB that there is a lot of complainst against them. Rick Saputo promised to call back and give us their lawyers that represent them but failed to do so. I filed a complaint to BBB and the companies response is that I never spoke to Rick (which I did three way conversation with my wife and Rick). The company mentioned that he never worked for over three months. They accused me of deciding that they were taking too long so I decided to dispute the charges in my credit card company. They are accusing me of breaching in contract. In fact, estimated two weeks or three weeks, we emailed them to cancel our transaction due to company failed to answer the validity and lied to us about them calling us back around 20th or 21st of August 2008. I talked to my Navy lawyer and we will go after them and I will get my money back. I called the Department of Corporation and asked if they are licensed in California and said they are not and should be reported to State of California's Attorney General office. I will meet with my Navy lawyer on Monday and will pursue this by law. According to my lawyer that this company is scam. We tried to call them in his office but the number was disconnected and they do not have a legitimate website, I think. Please join me to pursue this to the Attorney General's office.