Manual Universe / Non-delivery of product

United States Review updated:
Digital Elements
This company was referenced in a user forum on the Internet as a source TV repair manuals. I went to their website, and paid for the manual using my PayPal account. The manual was to be delivered via download. After I paid I expected to either be sent to a website to make the download or check my email for instructions. I waited a for most of the day and never received an email nor was I directed to any website. Using the contact information, I emailed the company. I was immediately replied to by an automated reply staing I would be quickly contacted. I waited a few days and there was never any further response. I again emailed the same contact and had the identcal result, however I did not wait as long. I the began a dispute with PayPal and raised the level to claim as soon as it was allowed. Looking at the case on on PayPal's resolution center, Manual Universe certainly had no problem responding quickly to PayPal's inquiry. PayPal's decision was I was not entitled to a refund because " ... the item is virtual or intangible...". I was $22 poorer and the company had stolen my money. I finally received an email from the company with instruction for download, however by this time I had purchased the manual from another company. Do not use Manual Universe!

A  24th of Apr, 2009 by
Agreed. Same case scenario here. It's been 2 weeks, no manual or link, no response from manualuniverse.com---I've emailed them at least 4 times now. Escalated paypal dispute to a claim now. Awaiting paypal to resolve...hopefully I'll get my money back, but it doesn't look bright after reading your comment tho...
A  26th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too was ripped off, all of my e-mails have been rejected as undeliverable. I got so disgusted with it I did not file for the refund. Live and learn. I'm doing research to locate these creeps!
N  26th of Apr, 2009 by
Just an update...Paypal refunded my money after I escalated dispute to a claim, so I guess Paypal knows these guys are scammers. It took about 1-2 weeks for Paypal to refund my money, so if you bought from them, I'd suggest filing a claim with Paypal. Make sure you keep all your emails as reference in case Paypal asks for them.
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by

Manual Universe - Non-delivery
Manual Universe
Sydney Metro Area
New South Wales

Much the same as previously mentioned on this site. I ordered a manual for a drill, paid for it via paypal and have been unable to contact Manual Universe since.
D  11th of May, 2009 by
I used this site some time ago with no problems...strange what's going on with them.
D  24th of May, 2009 by
Please contact me if you have a complaint on our service. I can be reached at support@manualuniverse.com

Our website is not a scam page but lately we had some technical problems and orders and emails where rejected by our system.

Again, please contact me to resolve any outstanding orders you may have.

A  11th of Jun, 2009 by
i ordered a manual about a week or so ago and have not gotten my manual and i have contacted them about 2 times now because i need to fix my tv... there is no address on the site or phone number to contact them.. so i think i am out of my $20.00 which really upsets me.
N  11th of Jun, 2009 by
Hi Nicole

Please send me your Order ID and I will solve the problem with your order immediatelly.

A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
Yes it is a scam---manual universe says here that lately they had some problems with email but the oldest comment here is 53 days old and I JUST had the same problem nearly 2 months later . Paid for item, never recieved download link, seller did not respond to the 20 emails I sent him but did respond to paypal when I complained. And his excuse that he is not recieving emails?-----In one of my emails I mentioned that I found similar complaints here on complaint board & look ------ he read my email & then left a comment here but never responded once to me or the others here that were burned. So much for his excuse that he had email trouble. Beware of manual universe & Mike Alberti .
N  16th of Jun, 2009 by
If you have a outstanding order, please contact me for a refund.

A  8th of Aug, 2009 by
I believe it’s possible that this company and several others offering User & Service Manuals all over Google are a group operating out of the country to bypass the copyright laws. I attempted to use a Visa gift card which is only valid in the USA and it was denied by several companies, apparently all outside the USA. One denied company I know was in Russia. Ever notice how nowhere on these sites is a city, state, or domestic telephone number ever listed. And how they all want to be "Geographically Anonymous"? No specific location information even in the agreement text or legal text - that is a giveaway that these companies are shady. The photos of the company and warehouses are stock photos to lead you to believe a big warehouse full of people somewhere is working to get you your product - more like a slum garage in a 3rd world wannabe county. (HOWEVER - if they DID send the .pdf copy right away then who cares more power to them), but I wouldn't use a main credit card though - only a "one-time" card number or a gift card that allows out-of-the-US sales. That way you get your manual, they get their money, and your account stays safe.

If they fail to deliver after payment, then Google needs to be strongly convinced to pull all leads to them off their site. I would legally force Pay Pal to give the exact bank and names they paid your money to and - I know you'll laugh at this but this is what we in the USA need to start doing: I would call the US ambassador in our embassy in that country and continue to raise hell until I got a refund. I would even insist on a police report naming the receiving bank and anyone identified with the company, even if its in Russia! A flood of these complaints would eventually let foreign crooks and spammers know that distance can no longer keep them safe.
D  17th of Aug, 2009 by
Seems everybody only reads the negative posts and not mine.

Again, we apologize for all the problems with the orders. If you have ordered from us and are still waiting for your manual or a refund, please contact me with your order number and we will refund your money immediately.

If you purchased from us, you know how to contact us. I wait for your emails to resolve all the issues.

A  19th of Aug, 2009 by
8/8/o9 Same old story...I ordered a manual from manualuniverse and paid by credit card . 8/18/09 ..I have been charged for the manual . Receipt ID :1908-9449-4950-6190
order ID : 264-81954816837 . No word or mail yet .
Tried to reach www.support@manualuniverse.com to inquire why no delivery or e-mail
Google says no such address.
I just want the manual so I can repair my radio...please ! Dave23
D  19th of Aug, 2009 by
Always check your spam folder. Your manual was sent 8/8/09. www.support@manualuniverse.com is not a valid email address.

You can download your manual from this link:

N  17th of Sep, 2009 by
I think its just very poor customer service. They did refund my money though.
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by
I agree - tried to email at the support email address and it is not a valid email address. I need this manual to repair my printer. I will be disputing this through paypal as well.

Thanks everyone - wish I would of looked at this before ordering :(
A  12th of Oct, 2009 by
Looks like I am the latest victim of this site (12 October 2009) and I am in the UK.

I have tried emailing them from the site, but it just doesn't work ... also I have no Order ID, I only received a 'so called' invoice, but there was NO Id on it, the only proof I have is the PayPal receipt.

I have written to Mike Alberti and will email him at least once a dayfor a few days then I too am onto PayPal ... I am sure PayPal will get fed up and will withdraw his account with them, and no one in their right mind would give out card details to a site these days ... I used to but learned my lesson quickly .. as far as I'm concerned, no PayPal .. no deal !

Like the poster above, wish I had red this before buying !
N  28th of Oct, 2009 by
I paid for my manual, and on the website I was Told I would get a link on my Email, to download this manual. But nothing happened. I tried to Email them, but I got rejected every time I tried. I believe they are crooks. I am supriced that PayPal let them get away with it after so many complaints. I also put my case to PayPal. Lets see what happens.
Horst Schmidt
A  12th of Nov, 2009 by
I too was apparently scammed by these guys. If I had only found this website earlier. I have contacted PayPal and have asked them to check out this website for the complaints and to investigate Manual Universe as they clearly are not providing the goods that we all have been charged for.

I believe that the only website that gives you a 100% guarantee on your purchase is ebay. I will remimber that from now on.
A  26th of Nov, 2009 by
Me too. No manual, bad email address, no response.
MR. ALBERTI how do we "get in touch" you to give you the order number for a refund ?!?
I too, am going through PayPal to try to get a refund.

It looks like these "technical problems" have been going on for more than 200 days.
Scam page or incompetence. Either way you're out twenty bucks.