Luggage, Suitcases, Cases / self-claimed rimowa seller, unauthorized credit card charges
Valid and strong reasons to suspect that the website www.ftssz.com is illegitimate. Refer to Appendix 1.
1. This website claims to sell genuine Rimowa brand luggages at a very low price as compared to the original.
2. No company name, customer sales service contact number and company address. They are only reachable via 'Contact Us' in the website whereby you leave your name, email address and enquiry.
3. They claim to have been around since year 2000, but their domain was created in less than one month.
4. The facebook sponsored page which directed me and my family members into the website no longer exist the following day.
5. Price in the said website was displayed in EURO currency, but charged in Chinese Yuen, and with a huge differences even after currency exchange).
6. The email address they use for correspondence did not seem to be from a certified seller or corporate email ([protected]@ycsale.com).
7. Delay in receiving email confirmation order (3 working days later), without addressing the customer's name, no subject matter, order ID and details, no sign-off and name of customer service representative. It appears like a general email that could be sent to anyone who made purchase via their website.
8. I purchased 2 pieces of luggages from the said website with a total amount EURO 146 (equivalent to Chinese Yuen 1, 103.33), however I was charged with Chinese Yuen 1, 224.92 (difference of Chinese Yuen 121.59).
9. Tracking number provided was invalid. It appears that there is an intention to delay the delivery perhaps for payment clearance at the bank to the merchant or whatsoever they may be.
With all the red flags above, I sent an email to the merchant to cancel my order and requested for a full refund. It's been almost a month and have yet to hear anything from the merchant.
2 of my family members also purchased the luggages from the same website I did and we receive the same email (word for word). Some emails were not replied. These is also another scammer website selling the same stuff i.e. www.tadopo.com.
29/4/2018 - good purchased (Appendix 2).
2/5/2018 - received order confirmation via email without my Order ID (Appendix 3).
5/5/2018 - tracking number received and claimed that it will be updated into the system within next working day. The tracking number provided was invalid (Appendix 4A & 4B).
14/5/2018 - queried merchant on invalid tracking number (Appendix 5).
15/5/2018 - merchant replied that there was some delivery issue (Appendix 6).
16/5/2018 - request to cancel order & for full refund with merchant (Appendix 7).