Lucas Law Center / Fraudulent company

Lucas Law Center
65 Enterprise,
Aliso Viejo
Phone: 888-670-7370
In October 2008 I answered their advertising on KGO radio 810 (San Francisco) about Loan Modification. The ad stated that after a reasonably 'low cost forensic audit' that they would use errors, untruths, and mistakes etc. in my loan documents to negotiate with my lender and modify the loan according to my income and new lower house values. Rick Nelson sent me forms to have notarized and sent back to him. Also a list of items needed for the audit.

A couple of weeks later Valerie Sandoval called with what she called a 'grocery list' of additional items that she said were needed for completing the forensic audit. I had to get some of them from various banks and when I finlly got them all and sent them to her by Fed Ex I never did get the requested acknowledgment from her or the law firm. And I heard nothing more from Rick Nelson.

In December his personal phone number was answered by Adam Zucker, who did not know who I was, and knew nothing about my case. No one knew anything about shat had been done so far (if anything). My bank (Indymac bank) would give me no information and said they did not have to contact my attorney.

Today, Jan. 5, 2009, I received in the mail 6 copies (3 certified and 3 regular mail) of a foreclosure notice dated Dec. 10, 2008. In disgust I called Lucas Law Center and demanded to know the status of my case. A manager, Frank Sellars took my call, left me on hold for over 20 minutes and I called back and talked to Craig Williams. He said to call Adam Zucker every 15 minutes today until I would get hold of him.

Adam Zucker still did not know who I was! Then he said that Frank Sullivan was trying to call me and asked what number should he call me at. He still could not or would not tell me anything that had been done, but announced loudly for others to apparently hear: 'Send his money back to him'. And told me that I should get it in a few days. End of story???

N  24th of Jan, 2009 by
I did some research on these guys and discovered some information on Chris Betts who actually runs the company as Paul Lucas has no clue. I use to work with these ### and I use that term loosly. Betts is a convicted felon (see below)> He brags about how he rips people off and now hides behind an attorney that NEVER practiced law until 6 months ago. I'm sure he will be out of buisness soon but not until he rips off more people trying to do loan modifications AND debt settlement. The movie "Boiler room" was made after Betts who teams up with other criminals sscamming home owners for their last $3500.00. You can find the Lucas Law Center on various radio stations in california and before you use them just google Chris Betts so you know what you are getting into. THIS GUY IS GOOD!

more information:

A  27th of Jan, 2009 by
We also lost 3, 500 to this worthless man. We signed the 100% money back if they can't help you. We waited for about 3 months calling and asking if they have anything going on with our Morgage company their reply was always we are working on it. Then into the 4th month we recieved a call from Kristy that work s" in " litigations for Lucas Law Center. what a joke.
Keep your money don't be thier next fool.I even requested the info she had to confirm that she indeed hade somrthing in the works. I never got a call back. Oh get this one now about 5 months later Lucas Law Center wanted to recharge us to do a quick sale another 3, 500.
Ounce taken twice scared to death to believe in anyone else. Thier should be a class action suit on this Guy.
N  7th of Feb, 2009 by
Iam in the process of doing my modification, but after reading this Iam scared. The last conversation I had was with Joanne Mason, do you know anything about this woman
A  10th of Feb, 2009 by
DO NOT do business with these people. We have been taken by this "Law Center" and since done some very extensive research and the alleations in all of these complaints including the complaints listed with the Better Business Bureau and we found everything to be true, they are complete frauds. If you still can, ask for your money back and if they refuse contact the BBB in your area, file report with your local police department, contact the Federal Trades Commssion, and then contact the FBI. Do not fall for their fast talk when they try and talk you out of requesting your money back they are con-men and women that prey on people that are suffering from this recession.
A  14th of Feb, 2009 by
I too have been taken. They did nothing. I had to resend all my paperwork to the bank. They never received it from the Lucas Law Center. Do not under any circumstances send money to these people. Find a different way.

N  15th of Feb, 2009 by
Lucase Law Firm is a scam they've only been in business like 6 months and claim on the radio to have years of experience. I sent them money they did absolutely nothing and now we're paying for it!
N  20th of Feb, 2009 by
If you need help getting your money back from a fraudulent loan modification company call 800-991-6504
N  22nd of Feb, 2009 by
Wow! I am so glad that I googled them first! I was just about to sign the letter of authorization and working on the other documents they wanted. I will definitely not do business with them now! I've seen commercials for other law firms who are offering the same service. Are there any legit ones? What other options do I have to get my loans modified?
N  14th of Mar, 2009 by
Another victim,
Frank Sullivan and his cronies have scammed me too. 4 months and nothing.
A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
Co-worker of mine just gave me Lucas Law Firm number that he heard on the radio. I called them up this morning and Frank Sullivan telling me the details of loan modification agreement what they can do for me. Frank told me about 2-3 times that the Bank tends to loose and misplace documents and are very slow. Everything sounds blank to me at the moment so I constantly questioned him. As I was down to my last question, he said to me that he will transfer me to Matthew. I was like, this is rude. After that phone call, I went online and took me to this website. This is extremely surprising. I am glad to see all these comments. Thanks for saving my life, I declined their application. Hopefully, I won't be charge $3500 for talking to them on the phone.
A  10th of Apr, 2009 by
I too have done business with Lucas Law Center. They were completely fraudulent in their claims and advice. I will not bore you with the details only to say, I have filed a complaint against Paul Lucas with the CA Bar Association. The complaint has been received and escalated for investigation to the enforcement division of the BAR. Hopefully when I get done, Mr. Lucas will lose his BAR number and maybe get a real job. What I found so profound about this firm was their arrogance of saying anything and promising anything to get your money. Part of my complaint has to do with their fraudulent advice. This group would be good on a used car lot, but not so good in dealing with peoples lives, dreams and futures. Joe
A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
These people tell you that they will get you everything you are looking for. Their recrutiers tell you that they will get you a principle reduction and a fixed rate for the remainder of your loan and it's a complete lie. They sit around doing nothing for about 3 months and then after we kept calling and bugging them they told us "yeah, we need get this done". So only over the last month after constantly calling them and calling the bank to see if they've even contacted them we find out that our loan will not be fixed and we will not be getting a principle reduction and they are adding fees to the back of our loan now and we are paying for a foreclosure lawyer for the bank. Lucas Law Center/our negotiator told us something completely different. We've been lied to by these guys so much over the last 4 months but because our paperwork was submitted to the bank we are out of luck and have to sign this paperwork they negotiated with the bank that what nothing like what they told us they would be able to accomplish. If we don't sign this paperwork the bank is able expedite foreclosure. To make a long story short...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LUCAS LAW Center!! Our credit is totally ruinned after they advised us to stop paying our payments when we've now heard from another loan modification person all they would have had to do is put our loan into forebarence.
These people don't care about you or saving your home!
N  17th of Apr, 2009 by
I am a former employee who was scammed when I got hired on into believing this was a true and legitimate law firm. It took a while to realize even the attorney is being scammed into believing this Chris Betts guy is a legitimate management company operator who hires the employees to process these modifications to realize they weren't doing much but sending the paperwork to the lenders and waiting to see if anything gets offered. They got rid of the good ethical people who were suspecting dishonesty and now our clients thing we were involved. We were scammed too. They didn't even pay us. I heard that Chris Betts is the mastermind and lives at 2 Shephard Ct. in Ladera Ranch, CA
A  18th of Apr, 2009 by
The Lucas Law Center and Paul Lucas are now under investigation by the CA Sate Bar Association. If you have an issue with them, please file a complaint with the CA Sate Bar. They can be reached at 213.765.1000. The Bar has set up an investigator specific for this Law firm. Also, have your ducks in a row, if you have done business with this firm, make sure you get first and last names of all contacts as well as dates and times of contact. Be professional not emotional and you will get results. Moreover, contact your mortgage companies yourself, not through anyone else, they are mandated to talk to you and work your situation out if of course, you can make reasonable payments. Good Luck everyone.
A  8th of May, 2009 by
I called the Lucas Law Group at 4:30 p.m. after listening to an ad on Radio 640 AM, Los Angeles, CA. at (800) 443-8000.

I spoke with Mike Martin.
Direct telephone number is (949) 330-6289.
Email http://www.oclawoffices.us

Free screening
Cost of loan modification service: $3, 500 legal retainer

He told me that Paul Lucas, ESQ would review my information to see if I qualified for a loan modification. My mortgage is held by Wilshire Credit Corporation (WCC). I also spoke with the customer service representive at WCC about loan modification.

The first thing I did was begin an internet search for information about this company. I also read about the advantages and disadvantages of using an attorney to obtain a loan modification> It is now 3 a.m., 5/8/09. I am ready to go to bed. I feel satisfied. I am armed with the basic information I need to attack the subject matter with renewed zeal tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone who has taken time to share loan modification experience.

Shame on my favorite radio station. It takes money to provide quality programming.

Caveat emptor
N  10th of May, 2009 by
HELP, We have been taken by this scam, after 4mo. nothing has happened and now we are facing foreclosure and other trouble loosing our home. They have done nothing but lie to us and take ouir money. Is their a law firm or anyone out their taking legal action against them? if so please let us know so we can join the action and help close these ### down!
Thanks for anyones help!
Williams family
e-mail me...mikewcsd@yahoo.com
N  16th of May, 2009 by
lucas now has a new scam. they changed their name to homeowner services. again beware. if you have a complaint, call the ca. state bar and have lucas disbarred.
D  10th of Jun, 2009 by
This is all a Bunch of Crap!! You can go right on the State Bar, and look up Paul Lucas yourself!

Some of you people on here never even signed up with the Law Firm, how would you know what they can do or what they can do??? Even Lawyer I ever hired as charged me money, ether $300 an hour with a minim retainer of $1, 500, or 33% of the winnings from the case. If you find a free one that will actual win my case please send them over, my friend just got a DUI, and I would love to get her out of it for free!

They did a great job, and were able to almost split my mortgage payment in half! I even attached the Mod, which was done for me, so you have actual proof to write home about! I honestly hate how people always want to point the finger at someone else. It was Paul's fault the Bank didn't mod my loan, because I didn't have a job? How does that make any since? All I have to say is sometimes you have to take a chance, and I did! I'm very happy for myself, and my family that we did! If you guys have any questions about my process with Lucas Law Group, or want to know more about my situation, feel free to email me (bigpunch8@aol.com). I'm sending all my friends and family members to Mr. Lucas!!
D  10th of Jun, 2009 by
sorry todd williams,

lucas's firm did nothing for you that your lender would not have done anyway. i was signed up with lucas. it is a scam. and yes you can look lucas up in the state bar and see his status, it reads:

admitted to the bar 12/92
inactive to practice 1/1/02
from 1/1/03 to 6/5/2008 inelgible to practice law.

sorry his record is not stellar and encourage everyone to look up his california bar credentials and make their own decision as you have suggested. thanks for the suggestion.

finally, he claims he is a real estate attorney, as of several months ago he did not have an active real estate license.

oh and no, there is no free legal representation and your example is awful. please tell your friend to stop drinking and driving and he or she will not need a lawyer if they do not act stupid. but if he is guilty of dui, then he needs to go to jail, he puts all drivers especially with kids in car seats at risk.

enjoy your house, you are lucky. hopefully you were not one of those that knew they could not afford the house you bought with or without a loan modification. have a nice day.
N  16th of Jun, 2009 by
My mortgage broker took me out of a fixed rate loan and advised me to change to a lower payment. Great, I thought. What he didn’t tell me was that my mortgage balance would increase. I had an option ARM. When I changed jobs and took a pay cut, I could not afford to make even the lowest payment option. I was in foreclosure and my home was scheduled for auction. After I called the Lucas Law Center, I knew there was hope. The staff really cares and they know what they are doing. After extending the sale date, Paul Lucas negotiated a 20% reduction in my mortgage balance and my new payment was less than the lowest option payment. My new interest rate is 3.5%. My lender is Wachovia. I owe my home to the Lucas Law Center.
Los Angeles, CA