Lowermybills.com

4.7
Lowermybills.com Experian
California
lowermybills.com
Saw an advertisement online from Lowermybills.com claiming they could save me hundreds on my care insurance. Clicked the link put in all this information like my cars, adress, name, date of birth, my spouses information. credit history, driver history, personal history. They supposedly were going to submit this info to the insurance carriers and provide me with different quotes.

Then it sent me to a screen asking me to click a button to save. Then it send me to a screen with three different insurance carriers and it said click anyone of them to get a quote and save. All this did was send me to another company site that asked me to put in the same information I had submitted to lowermybills.com.

Lowermybills.com is a fraud, all they are trying to do is steal your information and sell it to the highest bidder. What a scam.
Complaint comments Comments (23) Complaint country United States Complaint category Auto Insurance & Loan

Comments

N  4th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
You were really nice to give those scammers ALL, and do ALL of your information. I'll bet you were born Yesterday, weren't you?

What did you know about this website before you gave them your life history...NOTHING, you knew absolutely NOTHING, yet you gave them information you wouldn't give to your MOST TRUSTED, BEST FRIEND.

Just think about how utterly STUPID you REALLY are.
The best thing you can do, at this point, is to CANCEL your credit card(s) and your bank account(s).

You really could be a poster child for the STUPIDEST form of STUPIDITY. I'll bet you even gave them your mother's MAIDEN name, also.

Smart and intelligent people DO NOT respond to TV, RADIO and INTERNET advertisements, NO MATTER WHAT THEY PROMISE, or guarantee, EVER, NEVER.

You really need to go back to COMMON SENSE SCHOOL

If you can't find it LOCALLY, you don't NEED it.

Good luck, STUPID!!!
N  13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Jesus Charlie Brown, who PEED in your CHEERIOS? Maybe you should SWITCH to DE-CAF.

Not sure how scamtastic Lowermybills.com is, I was ready to hit the final "submit" and then I read the Terms and Conditions. This boilerplate is getting increasingly consumer-hostile. In addition to the stipulation that the consumer agrees any dispute to be resolved via arbitration in California (you will lose), item 13 (I think) essentially waives indemnification to the consumer even if LowerMyBills or a 3rd party related to service delivery knowingly defrauds you. I'm not sure why they would ask you to agree to that.
N  31st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I get upset with stupid people, people should know better to fall for ### like this! Some of the States that support this type of rip off are: TEXAS, FLORIDA, NEVADA, CALIFORNIA, ARIZONA, MISSOURI, NEW JERSEY, and their may be some other states that harbor and protect these scam artists.

I am as serious as a heart attack when I tell you that ALL INTERNET ADS, TV & RADIO ADS WITH THE TOLL FREE NUMBERS ARE SCAMS.

THEY WILL GUARANTEE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT TO HEAR TO GET YOUR CREDIT INFORMATION. ALL TESTIMONIALS ARE FAKE.

Don't anybody Google Search a company anymore to find out about them FIRST?
D  8th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
You're a ###ing idiot. Enough said.
N  8th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow...you're a ###ing idiot. They just paired you to 3 websites that could help you dumb ###. Idiots!
N  8th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
And "Charlie Brown" is a dumb ### too for being a ###ing schizo...he/she is either reading this thinking they are NOT a schizo OR dead because they locked their own self in a bomb shelter somewhere awaiting 2012...idiots man...

Research ### before you comment jack-###...BOTH of yo.
D  17th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Looks like you are the stupid one Charlie. They are owned by experian. Also the BBB gives then an A+ rating. I used tem for my mortgage and it worked just fine.
N  21st of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Lowermybills.com - offensive advertising
LowerMyBills.com
Texas

I keep getting Phishing scam notices notices on this company anytime I run my cursor over their ads.
All of their ads are offensive and sexually oriented. They have offensive
and suggestive pictures, and other moving offensive forms.
A  27th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
had similar experience - they had been recommended by CNN and Money magazine. they asked for all sorts of sensitive information - were very sneaky and dishonest the way they try to get info (I ended up answering most of their ridiculous questions with false information (most of their questions were completely irrelevant to car insurance applications - they don't need to know your household income and household assets). you will first go to a screen that promises "Low insurance quotes are just a couple of clicks away" and they first ask you for harmless information like name and age and zip code. Each of the numerous successive screens ask you for increasingly personal information while continuing to promise that "quotes are just one quick away", but once you click the button to continue, you are only brought to another screen that asks for increasingly sensitive information. In the end, you won't get your rate quotes - all you'll get are phone calls and emails from 5 insurance brokers armed with your sensitive info. Very disturbing, given that they have received recommendations from Money magazine and CNN.
D  19th of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
How do you expect an accurate qoute with no "sensitive" info??? Let just say you tell them your name is Joe Shmo and your SS # is 123-45-6789. Then you get a full coverage insurance qoute for $10 per month and a mortgage qoute on a 30 year fixed rate at 1% with no closing cost. You then decide to take advantage on the qoute and find out you didnt qaulify because of inaccurate information. If you are going to take the time to put in your info why not make it accurate and get an accurate qoute?
A  2nd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
With the current financial situation everyone loves to have a better deal. I believe not all internet offers are scams. However it is very difficult to find which one is real. There should be a regulation on the internet that not everyone can published as they like without retributions for any wrong doings.
A  13th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
These companies sell the consumers info to companies yhat resell your info to insurance agents trying to grow thier business. In some cases. you might get 10 to 15 agents trying to give you a quote. I suggest you find a local agent with a legit AAA company like American Family, Allstate, State Farm, that have local agents, employing people in your town and providing you local service. You may pay a little more than the discount companies, but none of your money sent to Progressive, AARP or Geico stays in your community or employs your neighbors.
A  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Goodness. Most of these responses focus on humiliating the person who innocently responded to a very convincing advertisement, presented by a company which was recommended by CNN and Money Magazine. Is it really necessary to call that person [censor]ing Stupid? Why not just share a few tips: Use phony emails, phony phone numbers, phony names. If the website goes to the bother of validating your email, you know it was a scam. After learning that, try to refrain from calling the [censor]ing [censor]s on this website [censor]ing Stupid.
N  7th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
One more comment. The folks who call others [censor]ing Stupid had to provide personal information in order to post their comment on this website. I guess they, too, are [censor]ing Stupid.
N  15th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was also scammed just now. It didn't seem like the information I was giving was so personal or threatening, until the last line...when it required that I put in my social security number...it's effective enough the way it walks you through, that I almost did. Then it wouldn't let me submit without the SS#. At that point I felt like I was being scammed. On top of it, it was difficult to get out or away from the website, as though it had spyware, too. Yikes. Really bugs me, and makes me feel threatened, too, even though it ended up with my address, previous loan amounts, email, home phone number...I wonder what else it could get on me now...since it could use that information to find other information on me :(
N  15th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I read some of the other comments... I like one very much...in the future, if I want a quote...I'll go with the Joe Shmoe information...and incorrect identifying personal information...that is, if I want their quote at all.
N  15th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Also, I think the mean spirited person who called everyone stupid...is well, ...has bad character...is likely an unethical person, anti-social traits...and likely does illegal things. Certainly no one would want to be their friend or related to them. Spiritually ignorant.
N  18th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I think it's funny that anyone would even question the illegitimacy of a website whose ads often include blatantly false information in an effort to attract only the most ignorant Internet users.

And honestly, being owned by Experian is a an indication that a company is trustworthy?! LOL, that's a good one. Talk about scams; look at the American credit infrastructure, for which Experian is largely responsible.

Want to lower your bills? Pay them off.
N  19th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just looked up Lowermybills.com on BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they are a legitimate business since 2000 with A+ on their record. However, the other review site, trustlink review gives a 1 star review. The reason for the low rating is because they sell your information to third parties. Even though Lowermybills.com is owned by Experian (one of the three credit report companies) they are just a middleman that acquires and sells your personal information. Better off doing research on your own.

BBB REVIEW - http://www.la.bbb.org/business-report/LowerMyBillsCom-Inc-13130473
TRUSTLINK REVIEW - http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/LowerMyBillsCom-Inc-205800595
A  1st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am so sick of seeing their stupid ads on the web. Who cares if they're owned by Experian? Credit agencies screw people all the time with fraudulent profiles. It has been reported that up 1/3 of all people's credit ratings contains false information. 20 years ago credit ratings were not a part of everyone's consciousness and Experian, TransUnion etcetera were not a part of the common John Q Public lexicon. What a commentary on the sad state we live in.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree