Long John Silvers / poor service received

2140 State StNew Albany, IN, United States Review updated:
3.55
Phone: (812) 948-0740

To Whom It May Concern,

About 5:40 p.m. Thursday night December 20, 2007. My husband and I decided we wanted to go to Long John Silvers. So we went to the drive thru. We ordered 2 L2's. My husband is allergic to mayo so I asked if they could not give it to him and give him more fries, the person who took the order said that was fine. Once I told her what I wanted and she said that it would be 5 to 10 minutes and then she told us our total which was $16.92. So I pull around gave the money and took the drinks and pulled around where they wanted us to wait for our food. So in the pouring rain we waited in the car and it was 6:00 p.m. before we got our food and then it was wrong. They had handed us 2 fish and mores and I told her that we both had ordered 2 samplers. So she took it back and it took 5 minutes more and when she brought it back out it still was wrong. So I pulled off because my husband had to be somewhere in 15 minutes. They had gave us 1 piece of chicken, 1 piece of fish, two different kinds of shrimp, fries, cole slaw and hush puppies, this is what we got instead of what we ordered. I am very disappointed in the serve and this isn't the first time this has happened to us the last time which was about 2 years ago we had to wait 45 minutes for our food and they gave us our money back then. I plan not going back and I am going to tell my friends about the poor service received so they will lose the customers that they did have.

Thanks, Heather
Va

Comments

Sc
  22nd of Dec, 2007
Dear Heather:

If the service is poor I would recommend contacting the Manager/Owner of the store and/or their corporate head office. Nothing will be done if they don't know about their "sloppy" work. And, as you have stated, I would recommend not going back to the restaurant. Why go somewhere and pay money if you are not happy with the product/service?

Pablo.
Bi
  15th of Feb, 2008
Only losers use the drive thru
Ka
  2nd of Mar, 2008
Um... what you described IS what comes with an L2. (one chicken, one fish, two kinds of shrimp and slaw and hush puppies. I worked at LJS for some time.
Le
  21st of Mar, 2009
On 3/16/2009 I also had a simular experience in Charleston, WV store #31441 where my husband ordered a VP FSH+SHPCM and I ordered Shrimp Scampi & a side of broccoli bites.
We waited about 20 minutes after being given cups for our drinks. Our meals finally get there, my shrimp scampi is really SCIMPY. It was on an oval saucer instead of the round plate as shown on the board. I was trying to cut caleries, not stop eating.
Finally they bring the "broccoli bites" I paid $2.99 for.When I took the first bite, I found it was lobster bites. She had rung up the wrong thing ! So I ask if she will fix me broccoli bites instead, buy that time I'm aggravated and so are they.They finally gave me the right thing but by that time i'm not in the mood to eat. I don't think i will ever go back.
Leatha
Mp
  10th of Jul, 2009
I went to Long John's in McAlester, Ok.The girl on duty named Jessica C.was the most hateful person I ever saw and the old kissup guy with her were lousy.I'll never go back, and I been going there for ever since they been in bussiness.It doesn't do any good to complain here, no one hears your complants and no one cares. mperteet@allegiance.tv
Mp
mperteet

So why the comments??
Do
  8th of Aug, 2009
Before you complain, could you please use proper English, grammar and spelling? (and yes, punctuation?)

A concerned citizen who knows you did this only for free food!
Cu
  14th of Oct, 2009
the sevice is as bad in Singapore. Went to LJS this morning, ALICE (the service staff) took my order and next thing i realised, she walked to the kitchen and filled up bottles of liquid before coming back to me to ask me what drinks i want... so all the while, i was standing at the counter, waiting paitiently for her to stroll out of the kitchen and served me my hot milo... Guessed that one shouldn't expect too much service from LJS... Then next, i tried my milo... i was shocked, did i order milo?? it tasted like hot water... totally tasteless!!! What would you do if you were in my shoes? I walked up to Alice, told her that the drink is just tasteless, request her to put in more milo powder. Her answer was FANTASTIC!! " We go by standards, for this cup, we only use one spoon, cannot add". At that moment, i just feel like splashing the cup of milo at her... Well, i'm sure there'll be more complain against them... i can't even find an avenue to complain via their website... what's happening to the "customer first" theme that Singapore is promoting??? Such bad attitude only happens in LJS, other fastfood joints are ok though
Lo
  30th of Jul, 2010
well actually i work for long john silver and the lady heather is drove because what the girl brought her back the second time is the super sampler so next time get it together and know what your ordering THANKS...
De
  13th of Oct, 2010
this is what they call a family sized fry, i called about it after i went to the orange city florida location and all they did was say that i was wrong and i got what i was supposed to get. please i can get that many fries in a small mcdonalds fry and it would taste better and for 2.99 they should be ashamed of themselves
Ja
  13th of Oct, 2010
Long John Silver Stores as a rule seem to operate much better when they are company operated stores and not as franchised locations(privately owned/operated) I enjoy the fish dishes and the prices are really great on the wallet, try to stick with the corporate operated stores and see if you agree with me that they are better.
ps. we need more stores in Suffolk County, N.Y.
Hb
  26th of Feb, 2011
This is for all Long John Silvers restaurants. I think the fish taste better than Captain D's. The problem is Long John Silvers food is to salty. I suggest that you switch to sea salt instead of regular salt. Also include healthier food such as veg. and fruit salads. Please include baked fish.
Bi
  10th of Mar, 2011
On March 2, 2011 I visited my local Long John Silver's / Toco Bell at 3010 Eagle Dr. Woodstock, Ga 30189 phone: 770-924-3869. I presented them with a coupon that I got off of the official LJS web site. They would not honor this coupon.
Ha
  23rd of Jan, 2013
we ate at long john silvers in Schuylkill Haven, pa. and it was real cold in there. we had to sit with our coats on while we ate. i think this is real poor for that place MY NAME IS HAROLD LUDWIG OF TOWER CITY, PA.
Da
  7th of May, 2015
I ordered a seafood sampler i got a left over fish and shrimp sampler cold and bad the girls that works there were rude and mean bad business i will never go back
Re
  4th of Dec, 2015
The food was incomplete cold and very poorly cooked. The service was rude yelling across the restaurant and agreeing with the customer, they took the receipt and would not return it.

Long John Silver's Logo Long John Silver's