Lia Sophia / bait and switch

I ordered a bracelet in November from this company's representative in Virginia. I was told I would have it for my daughter's birthday in December. I paid the amount I was told by the representative that I owed for the bracelet. I did not receive anything until late January, when I received a necklace. When I notified them of the mistake, I was told several times by several different representatives that I would have to pay additional money in order to exchange the necklace for the bracelet, which I had already ordered and paid for.
This company appears to be loosely run, and the reps kept calling me by my first name, which I find extremely rude and condescending.

Comments

• Me
      19th of Aug, 2010

Dear Mrs. ? in Virginia,
    I'm so sorry that you had such a poor experience with lia sophia. The problem is that every advisor is an independent contractor - which means each individual advisor owns her own company. So while you may have a poor experience with one advisor it doen'st mean that every advisor runs her business that way. Did you ever get this situation resolved? I would be more than happy to assist you if not.

Let me know what I can do to make this right for you!

Melinda A. Pitman
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    www.liasophia.com/melindapitman

• Ly
      28th of Jun, 2012

I'm having the worst experience ever with one of the Lia Sophia's reps. I was working with one and decided to buy some jewlery from another co-worker of ours that was hosting a party from her. I had just put in my two weeks notice, so I wrote down what I wanted, she tallied it up ($136), I wrote her out a check for that amount, and didn't get a receipt for it because this was done spur of the moment. I left a couple days after that and waited for my order to be mailed to me.
    That was back in Feb of this year. I waited and contacted the hostess when a month went by and she told me she extended her party to try to get more sales, so when the middle of April comes along, I found my check was cashed, so I waited another month and still didn't get my order. Then I contacted the rep and she stated that it would get to me within the following week. It NEVER came to this day.
    She claims that my order was deleted (mysteriously..yeah, right!) From the web site and since she couldn't remember my order she would refund me my $. That was over 11 days ago and her I am, no jewlery order and no $ refunded back to me! This has been going on for 5 mths straight now and I'm SO sick of being jerked around when plain and simple, she stole from me under the false pretense of "selling" me Lia Sophia!
    I would like to know who or where I can go to in order to get this resolved once and for all!
    I am SO upset, frustrated, and disappointed by this whole mess!
    Lynn