L.A. Vinas M.D.plastic surgeon

My experience with Dr. Vinas has unfortunately been a very bad ongoing ordeal. Florida law requires a patient be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation of individual dignity and protection of privacy. As a patient my Florida State Patient Bill of Rights were grossly violated. My medical records were disclosed to an unsavory and unauthorized individual working for Dr. Vinas. This employee, Nicholas, has a very violent arrest records :Arrested 3/9/2013 Battery/ Domestic Violence, Arrested 6/8/2015 for disorderly intoxication public place causing a disturbance/ Resisting officer with violence, Arrested 5/5/2016 Disorderly Conduct/ Resisting Officer with Violence. How come a background check was not done before employing him and giving him access to my private information and medical records ?
On the day of surgery I was scheduled at 12:45 pm. The morning of surgery Doris started calling around 7:30 am wanting to know where I was. Mind you I was scheduled for 12:45pm. Doris stated that Dr Vinas had sent an email at 6:58pm the prior evening. I never received an email from Dr. Vinas. Why wouldn't Dr Vinas call me on the phone if he wanted to change the agreed time of surgery? I was told the morning of surgery that another patient cancelled and I needed to come in immediately. I rushed into the Surgical Arts Pavilion in Wellington. On arrival I was told to sign in and have a seat. I was told by Doris to come in immediately but then sat in a waiting room for over a hour. On top of already being nervous anticipating surgery this just added more uncertainty and undue stress. I asked the receptionist to speak to Dr. Vinas. Nicholas the "Financial Director"(with the violent arrest record) came out from the surgical area fully dressed in surgical paper scrubs, surgical mask, booties, and head covering. He told me they were in surgery and it would be at least another 45 minutes before my surgery. Nicholas is NOT licensed to assist in surgery.See Top 10 Worst Companies in West Palm Beach, FLI was in complete shock that Nicholas was present at the Surgical Arts Pavilion in Wellington. Dr. Vinas expected me to accomodate his schedule due to his patients cancellation and had zero respect for my time and emotions.
Fearing for my wellbeing and safety I left. Nicholas called me after leaving and left me a threatening voicemail. Dr. Vinas never called me to discuss these events or even apologize. Dr. Vinas has not returned any of my phone calls to him. I called his office numerous times and left messages with no response. I tried to get assistance from his patient coordinator Kara and I was told she was not allowed to speak to me and she hung up on me. Dr. Vinas has however retained $13, 412.00 I paid him. I filed a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Dr Vinas responded stating he offered a refund, less actual expenses. This is not the truth. At no time has he offered to refund my money. I have never been treated so disrespectfully by a doctor in my life. I have gone online to Palm Beach Clerk of Courts online search and see that Dr. Vinas has numerous lawsuits and judgments. On April 17, 2017, L.A. Vinas, M.D., P.A. filed a Petition for Bankruptcy, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida. I posted a review to L.A. Vinas Plastic Surgery and Med Spa Facebook page that was deleted and I have been blocked from the page. I can only imagine how many other patients reviews have been blocked and deleted as well. Some of the "raving" reviews posted regarding Dr Vinas were made by his staff and family members. Beware and do your research. Dr Vinas violated my right to respectful treatment, to know who is responsible for the care provided, to personal privacy and confidentiality in communication and medical records, and treat me with dignity and respect! Dr. Vinas did not care about me as a patient. Dr Vinas only cared about taking my money. Dr. Vinas should be ashamed of himself! I am a single mother and this has taken a huge toll on my health.

• Updated by KM44 · Sep 20, 2019

Hello Mleslie
    I am so sorry to hear you are suffering with breast disfigurement and mistreatment!

Feel free to contact me anytime at [protected]@A*L.com (AOL).

Km
May 08, 2017

More L.A. Vinas M.D. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      Jan 04, 2018

Response from the business:
    As the author of this malicious review is aware, when financial & operating agreements are broken by a patient, we make every possible effort to amend that agreement to the patient’s satisfaction. Every attempt has been made to rectify this situation prior to going into mediation or having to take further legal action by both parties. As is our policy, no disrespectful or condescending remarks have ever been made towards this patient. All of our staff and contractual parties are in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and fall within the best medical practices set forth by state and federal regulations. We pride ourselves in providing the best service to our patients that remain compliant with the terms and conditions of their medical treatment plan.

It is our practice value to refrain from responding to inflammatory falsehoods and defaming comments online. Due to the nature of this exchange, no further comments from our team will be made. We are able to be reached in person or by phone at 561.655.3305 to resolve this amicably.

• Km
      May 19, 2018
    Best Best Advice

@L.A. Vinas UPDATE:
    I FILED LAWSUITS AGAINST LA VINAS AND SURGICAL ARTS PAVILION. I WAS AWARDED JUDGEMENTS AGAINST BOTH LA VINAS AND SURGICAL ARTS PAVILION

RESEARCH PUBLIC RECORDS THERE IS PLENTY OF INFORMATION REGARDING LAWSUITS, BANKRUPTCY, JUDGEMENTS, AND MALPRACTICE AGAINST LA VINAS.

TRUTH AND JUSTICE ALWAYS PREVAILS!!!

• Ml
      Sep 19, 2019

@KM44 I have been subjected to mistreatments like you. I have been left with breast disfigurement. I am desperate for you advice. My email address is [protected]@aol.com . I need to take legal action asap. Thank you for your comments on Dr. LA Vinas.