JPB Contractors, INC

4.6
JPB Contractors, INC ' JPB Fiberglass Pools
Pennsylvania
jpbcontractors.com
We had a fiberglass "Leisure Pool" installed last year by John Buchler of JPB Fiberglass Pools / JPB Contractors. It took quite a while for completion, so basically JPB just ended up closing the pool last year. During the closing last year and when JPB, opened the pool this year the two caps above the six jets never sealed and constantly leak. Also, the lights in our pool are completely filled with water and algae.

Since then we have been calling and emailing both John and Nancy Buchler and individuals at “Leisure Pools USA”. Nancy Buchler has stated several times they appreciate our patience (it has been over three months), but has done nothing. The jet caps have been leaking all over our new cement decking, causing, mud, algae, looking horrible. It is self-explanatory why we are not comfortable swimming in water- filled “electric” lights. We have not had one day since our pool was installed and after tens of thousands of dollars spent without us begging to have what was promised to us completed. Since there is no longer any money involved John Buchler / JPB Fiberglass Pools / JPB Contractors do not care about us at all. We will not be dropping this matter until we are treated fairly.

JPB Contractors, INCJPB Contractors, INC

Complaint comments Comments (22)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Pool & Bath Services

Comments

D  2nd of Nov, 2010 by    -2 Votes
JPB Contractors did an amazing job for me and my neighbor. We both had pools installed by them. They worked hard and were professional to get the job done in one day. There was a problem with the water level on one of our pools and they immediately came out to correct the issue. We love our pool. I would highly recommend!!
D  3rd of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
John Buchler is a Con Man... He wrote that fake comment above. He installed my pool in yardley and it was a nightmare... He will take your money and run. He will sound nice in the begining like all con men do then rip you off. I am going to call the IRS on him to investigate his earnings over the past 10 years.
A  16th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with "Victim", I noticed on prior posts around the internet reviewing Buchler, that the positive comments are written by someone from his company.
N  18th of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
We have never even installed a pool in Yardley. If Mr. Yardley has an issue, stop hiding behind a false name and location and call me with your issue (215) 962-7474. As for "Lynn T", this is a real consumer. Her name is Lynn Thomson and she lives in Warrington, PA . I install hundreds of pools a year. If there is an issue, I correct it. This is obviously one of my competitors making up false allegations.

N  2nd of Feb, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@jpbco52 John, you are a con man piece of garbage, I am glad lady bug pools finished is out of business, what shell game company name are you working under now you piece of trash.
N  8th of Apr, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I had John install a pool at my home in NJ.
John and I are in the process of resolving a faulty stamped concrete patio and pool deck job that was part of my pool package.
The pool was installed in July 2010, and the stamped concrete patio and pool deck was poured 2 months later in September 2010.

John Buchler has promised to come to my house (April 2011) to view the problems.
I will let you all know how this turns out.
Sadly it looks like the concrete will have to be removed and the entire job redone as my building inspector will not issue my final approval.
Here's the story
The mason that John spoke highly of convinced me to go with using Fiber-glass reinforced concrete instead of using standard wire mesh reinforcment . He said it was 10X stronger then traditional wire reinforced concrete.
Last week (April 2011) My building inspector come to do final approvals and he discovered that my concrete does not contain the fiberglass material that was applied for in the permit.
The patio has a 6 foot v-shaped crack and the sealer is blotchy and discolored.
to be continued
PB in NJ
N  22nd of Aug, 2011 by    -1 Votes
JUst following up with my previous post as promised.

John Buchler of JPB Pool construction followed through and completely remediated the patio issue in my back yard.
He paid another mason out of his own pocket to have the original stamped concrete patio broken up and removed, and replaced with Cambridge pavers and wall block.
The mason he now uses (as of July 2011) is FANTASTIC!!! He is very professional, and is a skilled craftsman who takes pride in the work he does. He truly strives to make the homeowner happy!!

In closing I would have to say that John went above and beyond the call of duty to remediate the original poor workmanship and made me extremly happy that I picked JPB construction to install my pool and patio.
It's been a log journey, but I am very happy with the end result
Thanks John!!!
Sincerly,
Phil B. (in NJ) - August, 22 2011
N  9th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
JPB Contractors did a great job for us. They worked very hard and we do enjoy our pool a lot. Any problems or questions we had were answered/fixed by John and his people. Yes, sometime you need to wait John call you back. But despite his busy schedule he always calls back and provides exceptional service.
I would highly recommend John Buchler and his team!!! He did excellent job and I will post pictures of our pool shortly.

Vladimir and Tatyana A. Philadelphia PA
N  19th of Jan, 2012 by    -1 Votes
...just forgot to attach photos...

John, thank you again!

Vladimir and Tatyana A.

another one...
this one with John...

Vladimir and tatyana A
N  19th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
sorry cannot submit two pictures in a row
N  19th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
...propably too big picture size... Now this one: John and Happy us...
Will keep this forum updated in a future with our relationship with JPB/Leisure Pools, inc...

N  27th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
john buchler stole money from me. the post of how good he is must be all fake because he is a con-artist. he is know thru-out the pool industry as a con artist. He will be suprised when the IRS completes a long going investigation on his tactics. John is a smooth talker like all con men are. Call the Attorney Genral of NJ & Pa and report him if he stung you...
N  27th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
John Buchler is a Con Man and lier. It is impossible to install hundereds of Pools in a Season.He does not have a big company He does all the pools himself with his helpers that he pays cash to.. Now the IRS will be interested to look into his claim of doing Hundreds of Pools ans see if that jives with his Tax Return claims. This is the year he will get Busted. Ps, You know you are a Con Man John ...Sleep with that.
D  10th of Apr, 2012 by    +1 Votes
This comment was not written by a customer but by a former disgruntled subcontractor. Legal action will be taken against him.
N  7th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
Don't take a check from JPB Contractors. They are bad. Next time he shows up will have him arrested. Heard all the BS about the money was there, don't understand why the bank won't pay, I'll look into it.
A  31st of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Very disappointed! Agree with the negative feedback. He never finished install. Took the cash and left.
N  22nd of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I believe in GOD, and John P.Buchler Jr of JPB Contractors WILL get his in the end...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ...PEOPLE DO NOT USE JOHN THE RIP-OFF ARTIST...
If you want the whole story call me . Steven Greco Retired FDNY 516-965-9200...i will give you " what really happen to you, if you use HIM. "
A  22nd of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
John Buchler and JPB contractors, or Lady Bug Pools or Swimmingpoolnow.com or whatever they are known by this week are trash, they have owed me over $5000 for 2 years now and refuses to pay.
N  20th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
When we met John Buchler we loved him. He seemed too good to be true, so friendly and reasonably priced. That should have been my first clue. Besides pushing start dates back over and over again he made us sign a paper that stated, basically, if he crashed into the side of our house with his crane that lifted the pool to our backyard, he would not be liable. He wanted to finish the entire job in one day. He had a handful of workers that urinated in our yard, left water bottles and wrappers in the yard as well. When he ran into trouble with large rocks in the yard he made us call a place where they would take the rocks. When he was ready for water, he had no clue where it was coming from, again we had to call someone. It had to be put in the pool ASAP so it wouldnt lift out. Then, when it was clear they wouldnt finish the job in a day, he asked us to make hotel reservations for him and his crew and put it on our credit card and he would "deduct it" from our cost. He loaded our driveway with dirt to "protect it" from the backhoe traveling up and back with loads of stones etc. Then he used the backhoe to scrape up the dirt and gouged long deep troughs out of our driveway! He said he would sent someone out with "patch" to fix it. We needed a paver to come out and repair it. The one skimmer was put in crooked and you can't even put the basket in because it is so badly mangled. The concrete guy was a joke, two different concretes were used, boot prints, a screw, and edging that is falling apart into the pool! Terrible terrible terrible workmanship and even worse business practice. His side kick, Sonny, was a shister as well, always minimizing issues and blowing things off. Never have I ever felt to taken advantage of. I wish I would have complained sooner. We have had the pool for 7 years and I tell anyone looking for a pool to avoid this mess! CS of PA

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree