Joe Mastriano cpa / no service

1 Houston, United States Review updated:

In july 2013 I hired this firm to represent me with IRS. They never sent me a copy of what I owed or what they intended to do after I gave them 2300 dllars. I would receive occasional emails from Sherry that she needed my ssn or birthdate and then I would hear nothing. I tried contacting Joe Mastriano but my calls were never returned. I have since lost a property in Mo. and hve hired another firm but I wanted someone to know about this scam

Mc
Oct 01, 2014

Comments

• Tx
      Oct 04, 2014

I recently just hired this firm. Would love to hear about your story because i'm also skeptical. Can we get in contact?

Nov 27, 2014

I was surprised to see such a comment and very sorry you had those experiences. For 35 years I have maintained an excellent personal relationship with my peers, the community, and with the IRS, and my clients. I have helped thousands of businesses and individuals with IRS problems that others couldn't. This year Sherry's Lupus problems got worse, and she fell behind on several accounts. She was the company manager.
    We have made restitution to all who have asked. I was never contacted personally by you. Regrettably, your request probably was to Sherry only. My email is [protected]@taxproblem.org and [protected]@taxproblem.org. Any requests to me by email or through Stephanie our front desk person would have been responded to. Anyone who did contact me were made happy. I would NEVER ignore customer complaints. Not only would it hurt my reputation but I was never raised to take money from people and not do the job represented. Sherry is no longer with us. I now manage, and everyone is now happy. Please remove the damaging complaint as it gives potential customers the wrong impression.

Feb 02, 2015

I'm familiar with this firm and agree that the type of complaints presented about this company are true. The business only responds to concerns when they're made public because they don't want potential clients to be scared off by the truth.

Feb 15, 2015

This comment makes no sense. If a company didn’t respond to complaints until they were public, and they were no good, there would be tons of public complaints? I also know that Joe Mastriano handles complaints personally and gives most people the benefit of the doubt, so that they are happy and continue to refer business.

Feb 18, 2015

"Believer" must be joe. I cant believe i fell for this crock.
    hope I can spare others the trouble. Hint: file a bbb report if you want action from this place. You might at least get a refund that way when all else fails.

Feb 20, 2015

“keepsake” with the phony nameless profile, sounds like you may be a certain former employee of theirs who has been trolling them. My husband and I have successfully used their services for years, and so have some of my neighbors. I think that if you have any issues you should contact them and identify yourself. Then if you are mistreated you can write about your experiences.

Feb 25, 2015

Believer, what are you even doing on this board if you have no complaints? This is a complaints board and I agreed with the above complaints. My opinion is that I'd rather jump off a tall building rather than deal with Joe Mastriano. That's it. Goodbye.

Apr 06, 2015

My complaint is with people who make accusations but can't back them up with actual experiences. I have personally had an excellent experience as a client of Joe's. You admit that you haven't been a client. Who should be believed?

• Di
      Jun 03, 2015

A few years ago I also hired this firm. Big mistake. Joe wouldn't even take my phone after I paid him. I hadn't left the parking lot when I called with a question.

• As
      Oct 25, 2018

@Dissatisfiedalso I, unfortunately worked at the firm at the time of Dissatisfiedalso's post. I can verify that what he wrote is true as Joe told me he wouldn't talk to him because it was now assigned to me.

• Sherry had Lupis and decided that she would try to steal clients. During the 2 years following we uncovered people who she worked on for a reduced fee. She would tell people that Joe would not take their call, and also lie about speaking to me for a client. Then after she left, people who she worked on didn't want to pay our regular rates, so they left. A couple filed internet complaints. These are people who never attempted to contact Joe directly. Joe answers his emails and gets emails at [protected]@taxproblem.org and [protected]@taxproblem.org. Those that believed Sherry got fooled. All companies have bad employees at times. The company is 36 years old!
    Ever since Sherry left in Sept 2014 we cleaned up from the people she stole and worked on the side. Then no more complaints, and we still have our A+ Better Business Bureau rating. All happy customers who are now putting testimonial videos on our site. Very solid trusted company. Joe Mastriano, CPA has never had any criminal actions or licenses suspended or anything bad ever. He has invited people who feel they were not satisfied to contact him directly. Some did, but a few decided they would seek justice by trying to hurt the company by leaving a bad complaint instead of caring more about resolving the situation. He has been an Upstanding citizen for many years. His family is well known in Sugarland and well liked. Do your due diligence when hiring someone, and never believe a few bad complaints you read on the internet. If you have any IRS or Tax issues call the firm at 713-774-4467 and see for yourself how we operate and put our over 35 years of Knowledge and experience to work for you.

• El
      May 31, 2017
    Best Best Advice

I didnt like these people. It wasnt professional and the message above by Mr. Joe is more proof of that. What manager would give out health info of employees and accuse them of being thieves on the internet?? Pretty sure that is illegal but that is just how these people operate. You might think you are getting a good service but after you pay that retainer you only become a number and the only time you will hear from someone is when they want more $$$. Check out Mr. Joe's BBB. There is no A rating but he has complaints. Ive seen complaints on Yelp, scam report and other sites too that say the same thing. I checked the law board and CPA board and his claims dont add up. I dont see some employees licnses and I saw some funny stuff happened in the past. You better check for yourself. Read between the lines and fake stuff. these people will try to make everyone else seem crazy, but you can look and see whats real for yourself.

• Bj
      May 23, 2018

@Elaine Swift For information on Joe Mastriano, P.C. access the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy at www.tsbpa.texas.gov. Search on firm license id: C05159 to view history of disciplinary actions. Also search on under individual license id: 026553 to view history of disciplinary actions.

• Bj